Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You Cant Beat A Good Fry

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Am reading a Stephen Fry book at the moment called '' More Fool Me '':)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I like:

2 OldHausen's sausages
    5 circles of Denny white pudding (my Dad says it's not real pudding but I like it)
    2 Galtee Hickory Rashers
    Glass of orange juice/Cup of tea/Two slices of fresh white bread and butter

ALL done in the oven...cept the juice, tea and butter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Tarzana wrote: »
    That's really expensive, ~€20 each. For a fry. And apart from the bone marrow, it looks nothing out of the ordinary.

I agree. Hawksmoor is pricey place anyway but their food is generally excellent. Although I don't think I'd be too gone on that breakfast. Bigger doesn't always mean better.

For a really good breakfast in a proper cafe in Central London, The Regency is hard to beat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Lapin wrote: »
    I agree. Hawksmoor is pricey place anyway but their food is generally excellent. Although I don't think I'd be too gone on that breakfast. Bigger doesn't always mean better.

Actually, I don't think it looks very big at all, considering that's for two people and the price charged is a bit ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Spice burgers, in a fry? What the actual f*ck?

Rashers, sausages and pudding grilled. Mushrooms and eggs fried.Toast... toasted. Beans optional. And if yer feeling fancy, cut the top off a tomato, hollow out some of the segments inside, pop some cheese in and grill that too. Plus a pint glass of orange juice (no bits!).

For me tomorrow though, it'll be eggs benedict. *adjusts monocle*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

To all the people complaining or asking what the fook about spice burgers in a fry you aint bloody lived ! :pac:

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

To all the people complaining or asking what the fook about spice burgers in a fry you aint bloody lived ! :pac:
    I could see a spice burger working alright in a fry, but can it be grilled or does it need time in a pre-heated oven, ergo being a bit of a nuisance to add?

Let's just slap in a smoked cod while we're at it, at that rate. I will not abide by this madness!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Billy86 wrote: »
    Let's just slap in a smoked cod while we're at it, at that rate. I will not abide by this madness!
    "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!"

You get them in packs in the shops there not the kind u get in the chipper.

Id normally grill them or microwave them.

Lovely with a nice runny fried egg on top and in between two lovely soft pieces of buttered bread!!

• Advertisement

You get them in packs in the shops there not the kind u get in the chipper.

Id normally grill them or microwave them.

Lovely with a nice runny fried egg on top and in between two lovely soft pieces of buttered bread!!

You might as well try to convince Nick Griffin to consider the benefits of more races and religions in the UK.

It ain't happening! :mad:

:p

You might as well try to convince Nick Griffin to consider the benefits of more races and religions in the UK.

It ain't happening! :mad:

:p

Madness !! :p

Actually i have all that stuff in the kitchen......... Interesting.........

Madness !! :p

Actually i have all that stuff in the kitchen......... Interesting.........
    Don't do it, you'll be dragging the unity and integrity of the REAL fry up ingredients into the mud!

Multiburgeralism is a proven failure!
    Defend rights for egg whites!
    Love Breakfast vote NSB (No Spice Burgers)!

And that's my cue for bedtime.

Don't do it, you'll be dragging the unity and integrity of the REAL fry up ingredients into the mud!

Multiburgeralism is a proven failure!
    Defend rights for puddings - mainly whites!
    Love Breakfast vote NSB (No Spice Burgers)!

And that's my cue for bedtime.

Ah i hardly eat all that stuff anyway girlfriend bought it! Theres no way im making it at this hour with out drink involved :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

deseil wrote: »
    Baked sausage is the best :)

You can't beat a dried out sausage for either taste or flavour.....

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Nodster

My death row breakfast would be a fry......smoked rashers, decent sausages, two fried eggs, B&W pudding [the nice one's from Westport], proper hash brownes 'merican style, plenty of toast and a pot of coffee - sorted ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Disgusting way to start a day; it just makes you parched and bloated from all the salt and it probably uses up a whole day's calorie allowance in one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

Here's my unique fry:

Fire up the oven to 160 and throw in a glass dish containing halved vine tomatoes doused in olive oil and basil.
    Go do 20 minutes on the exercise bike and come back and warm up the frying pan with a knob of butter. put four eggs into that tiny little saucepan and beat the livin jaysus out of them with a plastic fork (You don't want that cancer causin' teflon favouring your eggs).
    Throw a pack of dry cured pancetta from Super valu (€2!) onto your pan and get your two plates out. Keep stirring them eggs and lift off the heat just as they start to break apart. Stir them out onto the plates, flip the pancetta and then use a slotted spoon to pick the tomatoes out of the glass dish. When the growler raises her afro head, you can shlap the meat on the plates Yumm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

kneemos wrote: »
    Hash browns are pure dirt.

Home made ones are yummy ��. Lost on the spice burger thing too though. Miss the real superquinn sausages, they haven't been right for years, butchers only now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Thargor wrote: »
    This is on my to-do list this year when I go to London:

http://i.imgur.com/aJsj6qX.jpg

Breakfast by Hawksmoor:

That pic feeds 2 for £35 sterling
    feeds two what? :eek:

I'd have that lot gone on my own! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i use the petrol station rasher trick and lay them overlapping on a tray in the oven, so that (aside from the one on the far end) just the fatty bit is sticking out, no need to turn it at all.

that way the loin part is all soft and moist, but the fat is properly rendered and crispy. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

sabat wrote: »
    it probably uses up a whole day's calorie allowance in one go.

Whats that when its at home ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I don't understand the fascination with ****ty cuts of pork for breakfast in Ireland and the UK. It's all horrible tasting and unhealthy to boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Not spice burgers anyway.

For me...sausage, egg, black and white pud, rashers and to crown it off......boxty!

Jayse, I'm hungry now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

It's all horrible tasting and unhealthy to boot.

Actually, many components of a fry aren't unhealthy at all.

(Real) Butter = healthy (fry everything in butter)

Eggs = healthy

Rashers = healthy

Mushrooms = healthy

Tomatoes = healthy

Potatoes = healthy

Sausages and pudd would be more processed so less healthy. Bread in small doses would be fine. Beans are fine too.

So overall, not too shabby. Huge kcal content, but many people don't eat them all the time. I'd only have them maybe 2-4 times a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

French toast with a fry is heaven. In fact I may make some now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I like sausages and eggs and rashers but the rest no thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭LeBash

vibe666 wrote: »
    The perfect fry involves a drive to Fidelma's in Dunshaughlin, ordering a large fry, then having someone carry you back to the car and laying you down in the back seat if you manage to finish it!

Not just the biggest, but hands down the best fry going.

Fidelmas is dynamite. I have driven from cabra to dunshauglin for it a few time but Clarks in Cabra is better.

I have to say, the large breakie there is a vulgar amount of food!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Also soda bread fried in the juices of the fry at the very end. nom

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Not a big fan of a fry up tbh. Most I'd have would be a bacon and egg sambo.
    Do get a fierce craving every so often for kedgeree though

Advertisement