Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You Cant Beat A Good Fry

Options

Comments

Tarzana wrote: »
    only have them maybe 2-4 times a year.

Only 2-4 times a year :eek:!!

I have them twice a week, couldn't get through the weekend without them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Only 2-4 times a year :eek:!!

I have them twice a week, couldn't get through the weekend without them!!

Yes, I have no need to eat such a calorific excess often.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Jamsiek

I only have a frying pan for one thing and one thing only . . . steak.

Fried anything else is muck.

Pancakes??
    Mmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,622 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

"Hash Browns"??

What foreign rubbish is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,622 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

"Hash Browns"??

What foreign rubbish is this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Jamsiek

Mushrooms, spinach, fresh fish, burgers and probably a few other things I can't think of now should only ever be fried, not together obviously.

Fish and burgers taste nice from a barbeque too though. I'm getting hungry now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Love a good fry but cant understand how people like toast with it, soda bread all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

I just got served breakfast in bed in a hotel in bantry bay 😈

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

I'd have some when we're staying at a hotel somewhere, so maybe 2 or 3 times a year. And that's mostly because the other breakfast options tend to be a bit limited in most places - no soy milk to go with the horrible little packaged cereals, no sliced cheese to put on toast, no soft-boiled eggs, no honey and usually very little by way of fresh fruit. So the fried eggs, mushrooms and baked beans are the only options left.

I'm not the biggest fan, I have to say. The amount of fat just gives me heartburn and I feel slightly sick for much of the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

2 sausage, 2 rasher, black and white pudding, Mushrooms, beans, chips, hash brown, 2 runny eggs, 2 slices of brown toast.

I would eat a fry every day If I could as I usually don't eat much for the day after it.

MMMMMMMM, I may go for a fry today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Fries are grand, except when hungover - then they're murder, just sitting there on top of all the muck in your stomach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Grill for me... Fry is way too greasy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Greasy food goes straight to my brain and makes me feel like ****, especially in the morning when I'm still groggy. Just a boiled egg on toast with salt and pepper does me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

2 rashers, 2 sossies (has to be Superquinn natch) 2 fried eggs, 2 Findus potato waffles, some wee tiny button mushrooms, 1 tomato cooked so hard it turns to mush, lorra lorra toast, Brennans white sliced pan preferably, big glass of fresh orange juice and a big mug o' hot coffee.

If the budget will stretch to it, a small piece of filet steak goes really, really well with all of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

I love having a fry in the morning but I haven't had one in ages =[

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Now you've eaten your fry OP, and can't have another one for a short period of time. I bet you feel awful. If it was this time yesterday you would still be looking forward to it, but it's not.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Fried potato of some type is a nice addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

A good fry washed down with Moscow's finest Vodka is hard to beat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

ElleEm wrote: »
    Oh I love them! I love an oul potato product with my fry!

Boxty all the way, fcuk hash browns!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

I'm on a high fat diet and have a fry (cooked in lard) every morning. Two rashers, two sausages, two eggs and one tomato all washed down with a pot of tea (made with real tea leaves, not that teabag powder stuff!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Putin wrote: »
    washed down with
    Splendour wrote: »
    all washed down with

Why do people say this? It's gross. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Boxty is a must.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I love a good fry but seldom have them.
    But if I'm away on a break or holidays i breakout!
    Was in Liverpool last week and had this 3 mornings in a row..

IMG_2470_zpsdf255daf.jpg

What do you like on your fry?

Or - To ask a similar question - What do you like your fry on!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

blade1 wrote: »
    I love a good fry but seldom have them.
    But if I'm away on a break or holidays i breakout!
    Was in Liverpool last week and had this 3 mornings in a row..

IMG_2470_zpsdf255daf.jpg
    Those sausages have been burned to a crisp! :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

2 Hicks sausages, 2 Hicks rashers, Hicks white pudding, 2 fried eggs, fried tomato, spaghetti hoops and 2 slices of fried bread. Small portion of boiled 1st, and then deep fried potatoes on the side.

Sausys, rashers pudding, eggs and tomato cooked in the same frying pan and the bread to soak up whats left in it. My idea of a perfect fry!

All this fry/grill talk is making me crave one, haven't had one since Sunday and wont have one again until Saturday...its too long!! It wouldn't be the weekend with out it (or a breakfast roll if feeling too lazy/hungover to cook).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,233 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

That's crazy talk. Pretty much every type of fish, scallops, duck breast, chicken brest, eggs, sausages, lamb chops, pancakes, rashers, french toast and stir frys.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

No fried onions with the steak?

You haven't lived.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Cienciano wrote: »
    That's crazy talk. Pretty much every type of fish, scallops, duck breast, chicken brest, eggs, sausages, lamb chops, pancakes, rashers, french toast and stir frys.

Sausages and especially rashers are better grilled, otherwise though you are right. Also, chorizo... pop some on, add a few guys of olive oil after and put the red sauce/oil in a cup. Mix the meat with some spinach and rocket, quick fry some prawns and calamari rings, add to the chorizo/salad, quick fry some scallops and put on top, bang sauce/oil in microwave for 20-30 seconds and drizzle on top. Looks and tastes shocking impressive, and takes about 5-10 minutes of pish easy work to do. :D

Actually, I'll usually grill or roast chicken breastfeeding too but only be a use I prefer to shred it with a fork after to put in a salad, curry, etc and it does it out better.

Advertisement