Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You Cant Beat A Good Fry

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

+1 for Colemans English mustard

You don't need much but it's vital

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭LeBash

Whats a spice burger? Some people havent lived! Walsh family are legends in thier spare time!

I thought they were an Irish thing but must be a Dublin thing).

Im in Poland the last week and tgis morning i was craving a fry up. Although we grill everything and poach the eggs.

Sausages, white pudding (from the local butcher and its spreadable when cooked) denny maple rashers, beans, granby burger, spice burger, hash, and on a rare occassion some fried mushrooms. 2 toasts, 2 batch untoasted and i have a giant mug for tea. Its a gnarly task eatting it.

After that the sunday is usually a write off and i cant look at food until lunch time monday but its sooooo worth it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Thread title disappoint. Was expecting more Stephen Fry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I have cooked thousandsand thousands of full irish brealfasts as a chef and ironically I am not a fan of them. I like stuff in it individually, but eating all that as a breakfast in the morning is freaking horrible.
    I don't care what anyone say, but irish breakfast pork sausages are rotten. There is nothing that would resemble pork in them! A few times we did proper free range pork sausages ourselves and people were complaining that those tasted bad/were gone off/something wrong/Wtf is that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

The perfect fry involves a drive to Fidelma's in Dunshaughlin, ordering a large fry, then having someone carry you back to the car and laying you down in the back seat if you manage to finish it!

Not just the biggest, but hands down the best fry going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

I grill my fry, well my mum does when I come visit at the weekend. THANKS MUM

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Superquinn sausages, one of the most overrated things in this country.

Well said, I never got the hype over them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Fried anything else is muck.

:eek:

Fried eggs are the bizzo.

TheDoc90 wrote: »
    Butter flying sausages, stuff them between a diced fried tomato , two pieces of streaky bacon, all wrapped around two pieces of back bacon, put them in a ciabatta bread with sautéed onions seasons with black pepper ...... ( grated grilled cheese optional)

Doing a fancy version of a fry up is just wrong. It's a fry, enjoy it for what it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

Not a fry man anymore. Sausages just don't do it. Eggs must be poached.

That having been said, fried almost everything is tasty. To imply it is always unhealthy is indicative of knowing jack shìt about cooking and/or health.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

White pudding is the work of Satan

Thats probably why they taste so damn good.
    Keep up the good work Lucifer!

Any decent fry up worth its salt must contain at least three different products of a dead pig.

After that the added extras come into play. Eggs, beans, fried potato (never chips - ever), tomatoes, mushrooms, fried bread, bubble & squeak (not available in R.O.I :(). But it must contain at least three of these things.

Copious quantities of toast/soda bread (preferably both) with real butter and a big fuck off mug of shcald with plenty more in the pot are absolutely obligatory.
    kneemos wrote: »
    Hash browns are pure dirt.

Damn right. And great for soaking up the juices from the rashers. Always leave room on the plate for at least two of them.

As for spice burgers. These things have no business gatecrashing a breakfast. The only excusable to reason to permit these things to enter the human body is if they are going in after a day long session of Bulmers. They don't belong out in the mornings - Well, not after after sunrise anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I only have a frying pan for one thing and one thing only . . . steak.

The men of the Easter Rising did not fight for this countries freedom so that the above blasphemous statements could be made without retirbution. You should be shot sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Four Denny's sausages
    Four Denny's rashers
    Two slices of hot buttered toast buttered on both sides
    Spread some chef red or brown sauce on the toast
    Insert sausage and rasher to the toast, dip in some more sauce
    And polish the whole lot off
    And to drink you get a lovely steaming hot mug of strong sweet tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I bake my bacon and sausage. Can't stand frying it, stinks the joint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

Sausages, rashers - (and because I don't like white or black pudding, two extra sausages and two extra rashers will be needed) - fried potato, fried or poached eggs, mushrooms, beans, tomato, fried bread, toast, soda bread, and plenty of coffee.

Condiments should include tomato sauce and mustard.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Good man yourself...

You can bate the wife but you can't bate a fry...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭deseil

cloud493 wrote: »

Baked sausage is the best :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭nzamcdza

On the Nolan show this week they said each rasher of bacon takes 15 minutes off your life..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

nzamcdza wrote: »
    On the Nolan show this week they said each rasher of bacon takes 15 minutes off your life..... :(

Wouldn't pay any heed to that. With those calculations i should have been dead before my 1st birthday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Where do we stand on baked beans? :)

I say yay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Where do we stand on baked beans? :)

I say yay

All good, throw some on, bachelors if your flush, lidl's if your on a budget. Avoid Heinz's offering here, not good.

Why are so many of ye people calling rashers "bacon"? Are ye trying to be sophisticated and cosmopoliton Americans or something. FFS what you have for breakfast is rashers and what you'd have for dinner with cabbage and spuds and a glass of milk is bacon....in this country anyway. Would ye call yer mobile a cell phone or the wing of the car the fender?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Saw this yesterday. My stomach turned at the sight. I do like a good fry a lot though.

http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/hibernator-challenge-bear-grills-1703817-Oct2014/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

This is on my to-do list this year when I go to London:

http://i.imgur.com/aJsj6qX.jpg

Breakfast by Hawksmoor:

That pic feeds 2 for £35 sterling, the thing under the tomatoes is bone marrow for spreading on your toast or just eating with a fork.

Heres the menu, some great stuff on there:

http://thehawksmoor.com/wp-content/uploads/menus/GH-BREAKFAST.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭greenflash

Anyone who has chips and beans with their fry can just fcuk right off to teatime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

I only have a frying pan for one thing and one thing only . . . steak.

A clean frying pan is the best tool for making good scrambled eggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

Thargor wrote: »

Breakfast by Hawksmoor:

That pic feeds 2 for £35 sterling, the thing under the tomatoes is bone marrow for spreading on your toast or just eating with a fork.

I love fry stuff,
    but you know, they never look all that good in a picture.

Also, that's FAR too much food.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That breakfast in the pic serves 2, Id eat that much no bother.

cloud493 wrote: »
    deseil wrote: »
    Baked sausage is the best :)

I don't like baked sausages, they shrink and lose their juiciness, even good quality ones..

pajor wrote: »
    Saw this yesterday. My stomach turned at the sight. I do like a good fry a lot though.

http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/hibernator-challenge-bear-grills-1703817-Oct2014/

That's big but I don't believe it's 8000 calories.

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »

Breakfast by Hawksmoor:

That's really expensive, ~€20 each. For a fry. And apart from the bone marrow, it looks nothing out of the ordinary.

Advertisement