Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You Cant Beat A Good Fry

Options
  • 04-10-2014 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭

....In strict moderation

I cant wait for tomorrow morning, the clonakilty black, superquinn sausaes, hash browns and spice burgers are currently defrosting and they will go with mushrooms, rashers, tomatoes fried bread and poached eggs. It will be cooked in dripping as well.
    Roll on this time tomorrow morning.

What do you like on your fry?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

What on earth is a spice burger?
    No fry for me, porridge all the way :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I only have a frying pan for one thing and one thing only . . . steak.

Fried anything else is muck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

Nah, Weet-a-bix for me every morning.

Sometimes, though, on a Sunday I put a teaspoon of sugar in with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Ugh I want a fry now. Not a big fan of the tomatoes or mushrooms. Sausage, rasher, egg, hash browns, pudding and loads of buttery toast nyom.

Dunno where you're going with the spice burgers though? What is a spice burger?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,412 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Hash browns are pure dirt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

If you're gonna have a fry, the eggs also, gotta be fried!!!!!!!!!!! Flipped, but quick, no breaking them, and no letting the yolk cook.

anyway.
    My favourite fry
    Sausages, white pudding, egg, tomato, beans, hash brown, mushrooms, bacon <3 ..oh and ketch up!

however, that's way too much to eat, and I normally only have 5 items from the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Roll on this time tomorrow morning.

Whoa Whoa Whoa there chief. WTF do you be doing having a Sunday morning breakfast at 633am?

I'd not be even close to get ready to get outta the scratcher for another 2-3hrs at least.

Six thirty brekkies are for Mon to Friday. Fcuk that shıt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

kneemos wrote: »
    Hash browns are pure dirt.

Oh I love them! I love an oul potato product with my fry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Fried banana is the job with all the salty loveliness of rashers and sausages. Also liver is grand fried too.

No beans, no chips. Heaps of warm soda bread and real butter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I don't think I've ever eaten a fry that was fried, only grilled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Sheldons Brain

MadYaker wrote: »
    Ugh I want a fry now. Not a big fan of the tomatoes or mushrooms.

What about your 5 a day?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

If you're gonna have a fry, the eggs also, gotta be fried!!!!!!!!!!! Flipped, but quick, no breaking them, and no letting the yolk cook.

anyway.
    My favourite fry
    Sausages, white pudding, egg, tomato, beans, hash brown, mushrooms, bacon <3 ..oh and ketch up!

however, that's way too much to eat, and I normally only have 5 items from the list.

White pudding is the work of Satan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

White pudding is the work of Satan

It's delicious! , although some brands taste like chlorine or something blegh.
    Can not stand black pudding, vile stuff altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Best thing to have when home from work!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Grilled black & white pudding, sausage, rashers, fried mushroom & tomatoes along with toast smothered with real butter and YR brown sauce. Decent coffee . Yuuuummmmy yum yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Mushrooms, spinach, fresh fish, burgers and probably a few other things I can't think of now should only ever be fried, not together obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

You can very easily beat a good fry. Sex would beat a good fry. Waking up on a Sunday, remembering it's your day off and staying in bed all day to have lots of nasty, wicked, animal sex. That would beat a good fry hands down.

I don't get the fry obsession really. My stomach would turn itself inside out if I ate what the OP listed all in one go. I'd rather have a lobotomy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

beks101 wrote: »
    You can very easily beat a good fry. Sex would beat a good fry. Waking up on a Sunday, remembering it's your day off and staying in bed all day to have lots of nasty, wicked, animal sex. That would beat a good fry hands down.

I don't get the fry obsession really. My stomach would turn itself inside out if I ate what the OP listed all in one go. I'd rather have a lobotomy.

Bestiality? Wtf?

F#ck it, then ate it. After hours never ceases to amaze.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

I'm out of the country at the moment and I swear it's not family or friends or beautiful landscapes or any of that nonsense I miss, it's a good fry-up with proper rashers and sausages. Even just a a toasted rasher sandwich with brown sauce and I'd be happy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Dr. Zaius Dr. Zaius!

Not a big fan of fry ups but a couple of sausages on white bread with some tomato sauce is quite yummy!

• Advertisement

Wouldn't be the weekend without a good fry, have them every Saturday and sunday.

Sausages, rashers, black and white pudding, tomato (all grilled) and either fried or poached eggs, lashings of Coleman's English mustard, toast or brown bread and mountains of tea. You can't beat it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Sausages,rashers,black & White pudding(I'm all for equality between delicious foodstuffs) eggs,liver,beans(sorry rasheed-the beans stay) a lamb chop,soda bread and fine strong tae out of a giant mug filled to the top

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Duck breast.

Pork steak.

Lamb chop.

So many delicious things you can fry that aren't greasy or processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TheDoc90

Butterflying sausages, stuff them between a diced freid tomato , two pieces of streaky bacon, all wrapped around two pieces of back bacon, put them in a ciabatta bread with sauteed onions seasons with black pepper ...... ( grated grilled cheese optional)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Once or twice a year, we will have a fry for dinner. It's the only time I will ever have a cup of tea with my dinner. I am having a fry tomorrow- rashers, sausages, poached egg, brown soda bread with real butter and a bucket of tea!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TheDoc90

Butter flying sausages, stuff them between a diced fried tomato , two pieces of streaky bacon, all wrapped around two pieces of back bacon, put them in a ciabatta bread with sautéed onions seasons with black pepper ...... ( grated grilled cheese optional)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

I love a fry when I go home but wouldn't be a meat-eater generally (oi oi! behave! ;);)). Something like a big dirty plate of chickpea curry with mango chutney would appeal to me a lot more. If I had a choice and I had to eat something bad for me (cheeky! ;);)), I'd have a big dirty piece of cake instead.

My only requirements for a fry are sausages, rashers and both types of pudding.

No beans. No mushrooms. No tomato. No egg. In fact, almost no anything that didn't come from a pig. (Toast is acceptable, hash browns I could take or leave).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

No beans. No mushrooms. No tomato. No egg. In fact, almost no anything that didn't come from a pig. (Toast is acceptable, hash browns I could take or leave).

Hash browns you get frozen in a packet vs the ones you make yourself are like night and day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Superquinn sausages, one of the most overrated things in this country.

Advertisement