Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campions, now The Balgriffin Inn: The continuing saga thereof...

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Bird123

I heard from one of the barmen that the living accommodation upstairs was going to be advertised on AirBnB

Yep I think that’s the case but also a Paddy Power going into the unit beside them. Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Bird123 wrote: »
    Yep I think that’s the case but also a Paddy Power going into the unit beside them. Ffs
    was known a the time the current management took it over

certain elements here rubbished it of course nothing beats a boards.ie naysaying hashtag smileyface

Supposedly a turf accountants going in beside it also.
    lawred2 wrote: »
    I don't want to be all prudish and nanny statish but is it not about time that there were regulations about bookies being co-located beside pubs?
    :pac:
    Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Do people still goto bookies? I would have thought it was all online now.
    :pac: :pac:
    imme wrote: »
    Bookies are closing more often than opening these days, who would be opening a bookies these days.
    :pac::pac::pac:
    imme wrote: »
    There is nowhere I looked and thought "what's missing here is a bookies".

Not trying to be smart.
    :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

was known a the time the current management took it over

certain elements here rubbished it of course nothing beats a boards.ie naysaying hashtag smileyface

:pac:

:pac: :pac:

:pac::pac::pac:

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Bookies are not good for society.

They are deleterious to society.

I am seriously considering a campaign to smash the book making industry.

*smiley face*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

good for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Popped in the other night to meet the nephew and his pals. They were all playing bingo and having a great time. It was obvious that people were going to the toilets and coming out sniffing, but that's the way it is in all pubs these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

There has been a doorman standing outside the gents toilets the last two times I've been down.

Could be a few different reasons for that though I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

happened to drive past it at about half past nine PM tonight (Sunday, storm) - skip outside,
    floodlit, and long sides of plasterboard being put into it. whats all that about?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Bird123

happened to drive past it at about half past nine PM tonight (Sunday, storm) - skip outside,
    floodlit, and long sides of plasterboard being put into it. whats all that about?

Could be from the building works they’re doing next door and above the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

There’s a Paddy Power gone in next door here now. Bit disappointing, bound to attract a load of moochers into Campions IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭raheny red

I got the burger in the Balgriffin Inn a few weeks back. Great grub "for a pub". Bonus with PP next door now. When normality resumes this boozer will do really well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement