Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 14/15 Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

sallymomo wrote: »
    ah jaysus wept!!

speaking of seeing the wind today, have you all seen this before?
    https://www.windyty.com/

That is the coolest web page.

Fattes wrote: »
    It will be worth the ban!! All of this on World cup slalom skis

banned-corporate-videos.png

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sallymomo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

sallymomo wrote: »

Ha ha I have done smaller much smaller but similar we have some really nice stuff like that here bit Cody has giant balls and serious skill! He is a super guy too. I am rocking the same boots and skis this season so maybe who knows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭fmlarnapairce

nice, ladies downhill on eurosport 2, so it begins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

nice, ladies downhill on eurosport 2, so it begins

Some of the guys in the Super G getting really wild and loose now.

CardinalJ wrote: »
    Some of the guys in the Super G getting really wild and loose now.

Thats the only way to ski the Birds of Prey wild and loose!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Thats the only way to ski the Birds of Prey wild and loose!!!

Hahaha. Yea not sure they had an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

kal7 wrote: »
    Fattes now you have gone too far. great pic.

I am already watching webcams in Flaine everyday (even every couple hours with snow around, not even going until february.

Re: stretches would advise inside thigh, gluts, hamstrings, quads and calf upper and lower. Spinal twist.

have you been to Flaine before? I was there a few years ago. Nice spot and a short transfer from Geneva.

We're off to Les Deux Alpes in early January. Can't wait. Haven't been there in 12 years so looking forward to going back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭kal7

Pgibbo, I've not been to flaine before, glad you liked it.
    I choose it as can be close to slopes, so better half can have a sleep in and join up with me later.

Usually ski portes du soleil, from chatel, which is great, huge area, but is bit of trek to best lift to all other valley links.

Any info on good (hopefullycheap) transfer from geneva? Six of us travelling.

Enjoy Les deux alpes

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

kal7 wrote: »
    Pgibbo, I've not been to flaine before, glad you liked it.
    I choose it as can be close to slopes, so better half can have a sleep in and join up with me later.

Usually ski portes du soleil, from chatel, which is great, huge area, but is bit of trek to best lift to all other valley links.

Any info on good (hopefullycheap) transfer from geneva? Six of us travelling.

Enjoy Les deux alpes

Try ski-lifts.com also at weekends Helvica do direct transfers but needs a 3, day in advance booking!

Flaine is a cracking resort

Today was avalanche rescue training and practice but got a few turns in

Try ski-lifts.com also at weekends Helvica do direct transfers but needs a 3, day in advance booking!

Flaine is a cracking resort

Today was avalanche rescue training and practice but got a few turns in

That looks nice up there Fattes - whats the altitude in those photos?

My regular haunt, Limone in Italy got a nice bit of fresh stuff in the last few days, even down to the village at 1000m which is great considering its one of the most southerly resorts in the Alps. It was helped by a drop in temps and a lot of cloud cover.

oh oh, the engelberg secret may be out.....see bullet point 6 in the link below!

http://www.fall-line.co.uk/get-ready-to-roam-with-our-backcountry-issue/

fmlarnapairce: Nah we keep the best stuff for ourselves here, it will feature lots of stuff about the Laub, but nothing about the 2 Secret lifts in the resort ;) Or the best runs and lines ;)

sallymomo: Right now you can ski from 3,289 down to 2,428 with 5 pistes open and one Itinerary run and plenty of off piste about the place. They could probably open down to 1,800 this weekend, but I suspect they will keep it closed untill the 20th to save the base. I am tempted to ski back down to the village @ 1,000M as there is enough snow just! But I like my skis too much :D

Really high winds today which gave us a run of heavily windblown and rollered snow it was gas craic all together

2 secret lifts? I have to go back now!

Cheers for that Fattes!
    yeah, best keep the skis in good nick, hopefully it will be a long season!!
    Although there is snow in Limone, no slopes are open, obviously trying to save the base.
    Some of the locals are doing off piste though (and the cheeky buggers are using some of the higher pistes too :)) - i was sent some links by Facebook people (the people that have Facebook!)

i went back to football recently to see how the knee cartilage is holding up since accident in Feb, seems to be ok but the real test comes in March!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

hawkwind23 wrote: »

Jebus no if i was that far over a crane would be needed to get me back up! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Ted is on a different planet to everyone else! He ripped his hand in half at training a few weeks back and was back on skies within 4 days after having 4 pins put in his hand!

• Advertisement

Another beautiful day in paradise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

kinda ruining my Friday morning Fattes!!! Enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

Yeah it's mighty impressive!
    Esp when you understand how stiff the skis are and he makes it look easy and natural.
    Looking forward to ski Sunday starting again, anyone know when it starts?

hawkwind23 wrote: »
    Yeah it's mighty impressive!
    Esp when you understand how stiff the skis are and he makes it look easy and natural.
    Looking forward to ski Sunday starting again, anyone know when it starts?

Normally early Jan they don't cover the early N.American or Are races, even more impressive with the new 35M Radius GS skis which are a complete and utter PIG!!!!! You have no idea how bad they actually are.

If it makes you happier, I am paying dearly for last nights social team building activities!

Normally early Jan they don't cover the early N.American or Are races, even more impressive with the new 35M Radius GS skis which are a complete and utter PIG!!!!! You have no idea how bad they actually are.

If it makes you happier, I am paying dearly for last nights social team building activities!

Woohoo. Oh wait I'm sitting in work again so no.

Eurosport is covering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Great pics Fattes!

Off to get my first bit of snow of the season this weekend... Hitting the snow sure cement fridge that is Chill Factore in Manchester :D

So we have 2 more lifts open, a shed load more terrain and vertical from 3,200 down too 2,400.

Sadly it's Saturday and very busy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Val d in 2 hours! Feel like ive been robbed. 4 eur for a btl of water in geneva. ****er

Dr Nic wrote: »
    Val d in 2 hours! Feel like ive been robbed. 4 eur for a btl of water in geneva. ****er

Dont expect it to get any cheaper in Val D :D:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Any1 know any place thatllshow the munster game this evening in val d?

Advertisement