Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gomorra the Series (Sky Atlantic)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

I downloaded the film and we've just finished watching it, we both thought it was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

nc6000 wrote: »
    I downloaded the film and we've just finished watching it, we both thought it was very good.
    Yeah, well-directed by Marco D'Amore (who had a hand in the writing as well), after having directed some of the episodes in Gomorrah. Captures the mood and atmosphere of Gomorrah perfectly. The story was a little simplistic, but it's a worthy addition to the canon.
    Welcome back, Ciro

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭paulos53

The L’Immortale movie is on Sky Atlantic on Friday at 21:00

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

paulos53 wrote: »
    The L’Immortale movie is on Sky Atlantic on Friday at 21:00

I just came on to say the same thing.

https://youtu.be/CCiHDXVgDSU

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭cozar

Really enjoyed that. As good as the series. Can’t wait for the next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

cozar wrote: »
    Really enjoyed that. As good as the series. Can’t wait for the next season.

It really isn't. I really enjoyed it too, it's a solid 8/10 movie, but it doesn't come close in quality to the first few seasons. It must be said that the IMDB rating is ridiculously underrated, which is currently sitting at 6.2.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 9,649 ✭✭✭billyhead

For fans of this series I finished watching Zero Zero Zero. It's very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

TomTomTim wrote: »
    It really isn't. I really enjoyed it too, it's a solid 8/10 movie, but it doesn't come close in quality to the first few seasons. It must be said that the IMDB rating is ridiculously underrated, which is currently sitting at 6.2.

I would rate it less than that. It doesn't come close to the show although it has been in decline since season 2 was over. The first two seasons are untouchable but it has still hit some high marks along the way since then.

I just found L'Immortale dragged in parts, it was quite formulaic and the twists were a bit silly.
    As to the central issue of Ciro not actually dying, Gomorrah has finally jumped the shark. Him rising from the dead nullifies everything that led up to that scene on the boat. It's a cop out. Why bring him back? He was already a soulless shell of a man...did we need a whole film to reinforce that idea?

I still can't wait for season 5, it's miles ahead of anything else out there but I feel Gomorrah has run its course. I hope it gets the send off it deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

it didnt jump the shark, he is the immortal!!!

I would rate it less than that. It doesn't come close to the show although it has been in decline since season 2 was over. The first two seasons are untouchable but it has still hit some high marks along the way since then.

I just found L'Immortale dragged in parts, it was quite formulaic and the twists were a bit silly.
    As to the central issue of Ciro not actually dying, Gomorrah has finally jumped the shark. Him rising from the dead nullifies everything that led up to that scene on the boat. It's a cop out. Why bring him back? He was already a soulless shell of a man...did we need a whole film to reinforce that idea?

I still can't wait for season 5, it's miles ahead of anything else out there but I feel Gomorrah has run its course. I hope it gets the send off it deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Just watching new season of Fargo and Gennaro actor is in it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

When will season 5 be out??

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

he seems a bit ottp in fargo. although that is probably what they wanted in fargo
    Unearthly wrote: »
    Just watching new season of Fargo and Gennaro actor is in it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Just finished the all four of these, fantastic series and I can’t wait for the fifth series with Genaro against his cousins
    Right now I’m off to finish series four of Fargo which is a mind f*ck having the same actor in that playing a whack job

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ladjacket

Seeing a lot of reference to O Maestrale about Season 4 but i cannot recall much about that. Any reminders?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭De Bhál

started this series after watching Zero Zero Zero.

Grim, realistic, zero humour... it took me a while but fully gripped on it now.
    The violence is brutal, the use of kids etc in the game is sickening.

Into the second season last night.
    very good tv

• Registered Users Posts: 9,649 ✭✭✭Cartman78

It's very similar in tone and general look and feel to ZeroZeroZero alright.

I currently working my way through ZeroZeroZero....half expecting Ciro and Gennaro to pop up to meet the shipment :-)

Where can I watch this zero zero zero?? It’s not on Netflix or Prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Where can I watch this zero zero zero?? It’s not on Netflix or Prime.

I watched it on the NOW TV app.

season 5 final one will be on Sky Atlantic this December no date yet.

Just saw photos of the premier in Italy and ciro / Marco D'Amore is there, I’m confused I know he’s called the immortal but still

does the film fit in with the series or is it totally separate ?

• Advertisement

Is the new (and final) season out in December?? Anyone know, will all episodes be viewable on sky/now tv on release or is it 1 episode per week??

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

The film very much fits into the series and should be watched before the final season.

Final season out in December definitely on Sky Atlantic.

Thanks for the tips re the film

I thought it might have been a separate thing totally, I will check it out 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭draoicht

First 2 episodes online now

All episodes on 18th December sky Atlantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Anyone else watching season 5 tonight ?.

• Advertisement

Advertisement