Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gomorra the Series (Sky Atlantic)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

massy086 wrote: »
    Is there anywhere else to watch it as it don't have amazon prime

Yeah, it's available on the usual ahem places but you could get an amazon trial to watch it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Yeah, it's available on the usual ahem places but you could get an amazon trial to watch it

It’s not on the amazon prime UK package which means you would need to pay extra to watch it. It appears on Amazon under the Arrow tv channel which isn’t included.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Interesting article on the production of Gomorrah:

In “Gomorrah,” there is none of the iconic fetishization of crime audiences have come to associate with the onscreen depiction of the mob. As Sollima pointed out, “There are no heroes in this TV series. Only victims.”

https://www.indiewire.com/2014/08/looking-for-the-next-great-mob-drama-it-might-be-italys-gomorrah-23303/

A claimed side-effect:
    "Naples mayor Luigi de Magistris has claimed that episodes of violent crimes skyrocket in the city whenever the popular TV series Gomorrah is shown."

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/05/07/europe/naples-mayor-gomorrah-violent-crime-scli-intl/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lisarealtor01

how do i watch gomorrah season 4 episode 10 with english subtitles that actually work?

how do i watch gomorrah season 4 episode 10 with english subtitles that actually work?

https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/ssearch/sublanguageid-eng/idmovie-177750

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Just finished this there and am happy that, even with cast changes, it's held up the quality.

I wasn't really expecting such a
    cold blooded execution of Patricia, especially as they did a good job of humanising her

And is it wrong I felt some sympathy for Genaro this season? Poor guy is just trying to make an honest living.

Wonder who the players will be next season then?
    Enzo is still around. I quite like him as he really seems to value loyalty, unlike pretty much anyone else. He looks hurt by the betrayals.
    The Scholar as well will be propping up another faction so I'm guessing Enzo will align himself with Genaro in some form for revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cassy201

Agree with ixoy - just finished season 4 - absolutely superb! Season 5 will be delayed for a while as they are making a prequel film called 'The Immortal' focusing on (& directed by) Ciro which will be released first.
    Must give Romanzo Criminale a go - fill a void whilst waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Cassy201 wrote: »
    Agree with ixoy - just finished season 4 - absolutely superb! Season 5 will be delayed for a while as they are making a prequel film called 'The Immortal' focusing on (& directed by) Ciro which will be released first.
    Must give Romanzo Criminale a go - fill a void whilst waiting!

You will not be dissapointed. Gomorrah is class but Romanzo i found superior. And it's only 2 seasons long and closes the story perfectly.

ollkiller wrote: »
    You will not be dissapointed. Gomorrah is class but Romanzo i found superior. And it's only 2 seasons long and closes the story perfectly.
    Watched the first 5 episodes. It's good enough. Not a patch on Gomorrah though.

The second season off romanzo most definitely is. I hadn't had this enjoyment for a show since I pulled a sickie to binge watch all 13 episodes of season 4 of The Wire

• Advertisement

Other way around for me. I found Romanzo vastly superior but hey ya like what ya like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Other way around for me. I found Romanzo vastly superior but hey ya like what ya like.

Where is this available to watch (Romanzo)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Suburra -blood on rome, the Netflix series, now that was great. Highly recommended

wadacrack wrote: »
    Where is this available to watch (Romanzo)

Amazon Prime legally. Or illegally you know yourself.

Amazon Prime legally. Or illegally you know yourself.

I found it no problems on Youtube.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

'Top Boy' reminds me a bit of Gomorra, especially the earlier seasons, with its gritty flat-based setting and realism.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cassy201

Suburra was v good - both the movie and series

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Ciro's movie out next week in Italy

https://youtu.be/mNz2Y0RHZBc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Hopefully explosiveskull who made the best subs for the series is on the ball and gets subs out for the movie fairly fast !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭cozar

whats the story with this?. never heard about it. did'nt think i'd see Ciro again. !

• Advertisement

cozar wrote: »
    whats the story with this?. never heard about it. did'nt think i'd see Ciro again. !

Prequel:
    Unsurprisingly, Gomorrah has been renewed for series 5, but here's another interesting development:
    https://variety.com/2018/film/news/gomorrah-film-prequel-marco-damore-1202936237/

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

L'immortale got 7.3 on IMDb,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Finally got round to finishing season 4. Excellent stuff, a big improvement on season 3 which I found relatively disappointing compared to the first two. But it got back on track and I think it was a good move to bring the Levantes into it although every time I saw Mickey I couldn't help but think of Mickey from Only Fools and Horses :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭brian_t

Demolition of the last four of the Vele ( Sails) buildings in the Naples district of Scampia.

L'immortale got 7.3 on IMDb,
    I thought it was pretty good. I'd recommend tracking it down before the next Gomorrah series, though it's not essential to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ladjacket

I thought it was pretty good. I'd recommend tracking it down before the next Gomorrah series, though it's not essential to it.

I read something online about a reunion that happens in it which is pretty massive given S3 ending... is it true?

Ladjacket wrote: »
    I read something online about a reunion that happens in it which is pretty massive given S3 ending... is it true?
    I can neither confirm nor deny, as I wouldn't like to spoiler; the film is a kinda sidequel, so nothing would be lost in not seeing it storywise. So it could even be watched after the next series...so I'm not saying. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Cassy201 wrote: »
    Suburra was v good - both the movie and series

the movie was one of the best movies I've seen in many years (imo)

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ladjacket

Is there anyone with a link to L’Immortale?

• Advertisement

Ladjacket wrote: »
    Is there anyone with a link to L’Immortale?
    Link? I guess some people just use torrent sites, though obviously such sites have their legality issues.

Advertisement