Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Club Championships

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Just spotted this video,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Half time in the dublin senior football final St Vincents 0-7 Plunketts 0-5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Any good of a game? Who looks better?

Any good of a game? Who looks better?
    sounded like a decent first half but Vincent's pulling away now 14-9 eventhough Connolly,Quinn have been quiet tonight
    http://nearfm.ie/listen-online/

Ft Vincent's 0-14 Plunketts 1-10 a late rally not enough to stop Vincent's winning back to back county titles.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

New enough this year to going to the Club Champ games, is there a site where you can see the draws for the rest of the competition? Sorry if this is blatant obvious. The GAA site is brutal...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

BKWDR wrote: »
    New enough this year to going to the Club Champ games, is there a site where you can see the draws for the rest of the competition? Sorry if this is blatant obvious. The GAA site is brutal...

Leinstergaa.ie - Munstergaa.ie etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Delighted to see Crossmaglen beaten,

Austin Stacks are Kerry County Champions for the first time in 20 years,beat Mid Kerry in the replay,

Austin Stacks 2-13
    Mid Kerry 1-7

They have two weeks to get ready for Ballincollig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

Ulster club SHC final
    Cushendall 0-10 Portaferry 1-16

What province plays the Ulster team in the semi final does anyone know, a big shock today with the Antrim team losing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Steven81 wrote: »
    Ulster club SHC final

What province plays the Ulster team in the semi final does anyone know, a big shock today with the Antrim team losing

Munster Champions will play Ulster.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

The Nire comfortably beat Ballylanders in the Munster football.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭DarByrne1980

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    Delighted to see Crossmaglen beaten,

same as myself. they waltz thro their county champs every year. And capping it off two of their boys get the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭MfMan

Steven81 wrote: »
    Ulster club SHC final

Wasn't this the semi'? Derry champs in the final already I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭radharc

MfMan wrote: »
    Wasn't this the semi'? Derry champs in the final already I think?

Cushendall beat them in the semi replay

• Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

As predicted by most, the Kilkenny county final will be contested by Ballyhale Shamrocks and Clara, after both had fairly facile wins in the semis against St. Martin's and Carrickshock respectively. Ballyhale looking very strong by all accounts, but no better team than current champions Clara to upset them and limit the incredible forward talent of Ballyhale. Should be a great final in two weeks time, hopefully the weather stays dry so the game doesn't turn into a lottery, as often happens with the most important club matches because they are shunted into horrible times of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Corofin favourites for all ireland at 2/1, vincents next at 5/2 and Brigids at 8/1 along with Omagh.

Stacks at 10/1, Cratloe next at 14/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Corofin favourites for all ireland at 2/1, vincents next at 5/2 and Brigids at 8/1 along with Omagh.

Stacks at 10/1, Cratloe next at 14/1.

I'd fancy Cratloe to go a long way in the football, those are good odds on them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

I'd fancy Cratloe to go a long way in the football, those are good odds on them!

I'd imagine the fact that they are involved with the hurling as well is the reason they are these odds - competing in the 2 with largely the same squad of players is a massive massive ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Agreed there is a fair overlap alright. I think they are a better football outfit than hurling though. If they get knocked out of the hurling I'd fancy them. Not a betting man but at all but might chance 20 or 30 on them at those odds. They played some serious football in the county final.

Cratloe gave Dr Crokes enough of it last year as well in the Munster Final losing by a point so they should be confident enough of going close again this year

Should be a battle against The Nire though.

Agreed there is a fair overlap alright. I think they are a better football outfit than hurling though. If they get knocked out of the hurling I'd fancy them. Not a betting man but at all but might chance 20 or 30 on them at those odds. They played some serious football in the county final.

I'd say wait until how the hurling goes next weekend before making any bets on Cratloe.

On the other side I think Ballincollig at 9/4 look decent value against Stacks, even if the game is on in Tralee. Not a big punter either but that looks attractive to me.

Ballincollig wont be as daft as to leave Donaghy 1-one-1 around the square (which the teams did in the final and the semi-final) and they look to have a fairly balanced looking team made of of decent players. They've also had that bit more time to celebrate the county final win that Stacks, who are likely to be under a bit more pressure on that front.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

me too....the duel battle could be too much for them tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,012 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Here are the latest odds from PP on the All Ireland Club Football

Corofin 2/1

Vincent's 5/2

Birgid's 8/1

Omagh 8/1

Stacks 10/1

Cratloe 14/1

Ballintubber 16/1

Portlaoise 16/1

18/1 Bar

For me 2/1 seems a very short price for Corofin in a competition that there is still a hell of a lot of football to be played in rough weather and on rough pitches.

Interesting Ballintubber v St. Birgid's game on Sunday.

Strange odds as it's even doubtful if Corofin will win Connacht. The last two All Ireland champions have tricky away games on Sunday if both come through those games the odds should be very different on Monday.

For me 2/1 seems a very short price for Corofin in a competition that there is still a hell of a lot of football to be played in rough weather and on rough pitches.

Interesting Ballintubber v St. Birgid's game on Sunday.

Agree seems very short odds on Corofin - I wonder if it might be just one individual or a few individuals having a large bet on them pushing their price down - I could see the club All-Irelands being a fairly small betting market.

Wouldnt go anywhere near Stacks at 10/1 - find it very hard to imagine them even getting out of Munster.

The Ballintubber v St. Birgid's game on Sunday is being shown as the delayed game on TG4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Portlaoise have to be worth a flutter at that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

I wouldn't back the winner of that competition at this stage with someone elses money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

The Nire end Cratloe's double hopes

Advertisement