Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OS X 10.10 Yosemite

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

I have to update this for work and, as with a lot of Apple products, it's not fully baked at GM. This is a shame. It might harm the brand eventually but they are motoring on sales for now.

If you are seeing problems with networking slowness or battery life I noticed that the App Store is continually trying to download items when automatic downloads are on, failing and retrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

DubDJ wrote: »
    I think continuity is a bit hit and miss for now. SMS relay seems to be working good for me on iPhone, iPad and Mac but the phone call side of things isn't looking good. I made a call from my Mac but only when I unlocked the phone. While it was sleeping the calls kept failing, which is a bit pointless and defeats the point of using the feature. Hopefully it gets sorted soon.

Must be a bug - I can make outgoing calls without touching the phone at all. Haven't had any issues with continuity (yet)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I'm having major issues with iPhoto which I posted about in a separate thread. Also had to download Java updates to get Photoshop to work.

In the process of testing other apps.

MS Office moves so much slower than before. Not that it was ever fast anyway. Pile of crap.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Finding bugs and issues all over Yosemite. Completely regret upgrading.

Issues with notifications and FaceTime. iTunes is slow and opens by itself. No sign of a fix for the iPhoto issue. Issues with not recognising Time Machine backups.

Shambles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

I must have been lucky :) mines working great. I'm migrating slowly though and retained a partition with 10.9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Working great for me too, no issues at all except maybe the wifi gets a bit slow randomly but that could be the internet itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

I've started getting this error since updating when I try to move files between external hard drives:

-50 paramErr Error in user parameter list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Been finding it grand myself only think that took me at shock at 1st was its just like IOS 8 and my god i hate the new IOS on the iPhone. But i have got used to look of it and i am finding it to be a hell of a lot faster then before the update.

Only problem that i faced is Facebook some times dosint load the web page for me and i have to try 4 or 5 times to get it to load :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Yes happy enough with it so far. Only glitch I have come across is the screen moving up by itself when dragging a bunch of files into a different folder and leaving a space at the bottom the size of the Dock...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I got this error last night "A graphics problem has been detected. Click "Report" to submit report"
    It seems a few people on Yosemite are getting it as well.

• Advertisement

Since I switched to Yosemite I've been trying to use Safari instead of Chrome.
    I'm happy enough with it but one thing I'd like to be able to do is highlight text, right click and have search with google open in a new tab instead of the current one, is there a way to do this?

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

54kroc wrote: »
    I'm happy enough with it but one thing I'd like to be able to do is highlight text, right click and have search with google open in a new tab instead of the current one, is there a way to do this?

Mine does this by default :confused:

mike_ie wrote: »
    Mine does this by default :confused:

Well it doesn't for me, and never has as far as I remember, not a huge deal but slightly inconvenient.

attachment.php?attachmentid=454727&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1388895157

The bottom "Search with Google" opens in a new tab, the top opens in the currently open one.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

attachment.php?attachmentid=454727&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1388895157

The bottom "Search with Google" opens in a new tab, the top opens in the currently open one.

Didn't even notice the duplicate entries on the menu, I have to admit.

mike_ie wrote: »
    Didn't even notice the duplicate entries on the menu, I have to admit.

ffs me either, god knows how long I've been looking at that and not seen it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,218 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Safari's been crashing a bit, hmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Whats the battery life like? I haven't seen the need to upgrade yet mainly because of reports battery life is affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Minor annoyance in QuickTime when you turn up the volume the courser stays on the screen till u move or click it.

Anyone having problems with VMware Fusion?
    Neither of my vm's are running right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

efb wrote: »
    Now when I TV out with my HDMI adapter the sound goes to the tv too! :D

This is still the single greatest thing about Yosemite

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

54kroc wrote: »

Or just hold CMD when clicking search with Google.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,218 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Safari's the grouchiest thing for me anyway.

Hmm.. think I've found a bug. Unplugging headphones while my macbook is in sleep mode, it's like can't figure out what just happened. End result = No sound when it wakes up.

Seems like if you just put it back asleep, plug in the headphones again and wake it up it's ok again. Then you can remove them.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Safari's the grouchiest thing for me anyway.

Definitely has its moments, but I like what they have done with it in Yosemite. Makes it my browser of choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Hmm.. think I've found a bug. Unplugging headphones while my macbook is in sleep mode, it's like can't figure out what just happened. End result = No sound when it wakes up.

Seems like if you just put it back asleep, plug in the headphones again and wake it up it's ok again. Then you can remove them.

I've found that it takes a few seconds for sound to come through my headphones.

Although that might be due to the fact that there is tape holding the wire together.

anyone on the public beatas having issues where the latest seed updates don't show up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

shanec1928 wrote: »
    anyone on the public beatas having issues where the latest seed updates don't show up?

The latest update published yesterday was pulled. Saw that on one of the Mac sites

airuser wrote: »
    The latest update published yesterday was pulled. Saw that on one of the Mac sites

that was a safari one not a osx beta one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

shanec1928 wrote: »

Yeah I haven't gotten the last seed and not sure about the latest one released this week. They just aren't showing up for some reason. Have feedback assistant installed and got previous betas.

Advertisement