Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OS X 10.10 Yosemite

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

mike_ie wrote: »
    If it were me, I'd be creating a bootable USB install drive....

+1 to that.
    I always used terminal to do it but I recently used Diskmaker and its a brilliant little app.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭pedatron

Have lads bothered going from the latest beta to the full release? Keeps saying I have 10.10 installed already when I go to download.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Now when I TV out with my HDMI adapter the sound goes to the tv too! :D

efb wrote: »
    Now when I TV out with my HDMI adapter the sound goes to the tv too! :D

That is fantastic news! Finally! Used to wreck my head manually doing it!

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

pedatron wrote: »
    Have lads bothered going from the latest beta to the full release? Keeps saying I have 10.10 installed already when I go to download.

A few people have done what you are saying - it's been mentioned in the past few days. Just install the new release over the beta.

• Advertisement

mike_ie wrote: »
    A few people have done what you are saying - it's been mentioned in the past few days. Just install the new release over the beta.

Sorry. I skimmed back over the past few days and didn't see that. Thanks kindly!

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Sorry. I skimmed back over the past few days and didn't see that. Thanks kindly!

No worries :D The usual disclaimers apply of course - back up everything first, yadda yadda, but I haven't heard of anybody having issues so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Decided to update my macbook pro retina today to it and now I have major problems the mac is stuck in grey screen with the progress bar not moving for the past 2 hours and have seen a lot of people with the same problem on line that it could take hours.

I am not doing a fresh install just a update but there would be about 200GB on the 512GB SSD could that be the problem with how much data there is on the hard drive ?.

Never had a problem updateing any OS before on my old macbook pro 13 inch .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Spipov

did a clean install on mine through a bootable usb. installed pretty quickly, and to be honest, im very happy with yosemite so far.

Ended up powering off the mac and starring from fresh 15 mins to update from re start delighted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I got an email from Apple earlier thanking me for being part of the public beta, the email actually tells you to download the full release and install it over the beta. That's what I did anyway but it's the correct way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Slowly but surely everything seems to be working. Handoff from Safari finally appeared on the iPhone 6. The only thing that doesn't seem to work for me is handoff back to the macbook. The tab is showing up, but when I click on it - nothing. Could be an issue with Chrome though...

New notification centre is incredibly useful. Finding it actually much more handy on the macbook than I do on the phone.
    I like the new look (apart from the retarded looking new finder icon).
    Spotlight seems to be much more useful now too.
    Airdrop also works perfectly (did take a while to see the devices)
    Continuity is working perfectly for me so far - Calls appearing on the mac / able to dial out from the mac. Everything works. Looking forward to iOS8.1 to see how SMS relay works.

unrelated to the update - Happy that Chrome finally supports retina displays too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

DubDJ wrote: »
    I got an email from Apple earlier thanking me for being part of the public beta, the email actually tells you to download the full release and install it over the beta. That's what I did anyway but it's the correct way to go.

I too, had the Beta version. Same dialogue came up for me. I downloaded the full version over the beta version.

About 1.50Hours to download and about 35Mins to install. The download will be very quick if you have Fibre.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Final build is 14A389. I’m on 14A388b, i.e. public beta 6. But I’d imagine they are the same thing. I’ll find out when 10.10.1 is released, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,040 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

15398349549_f8d820226b_c.jpg

Post Yosemite, I'm getting this screen each time i reopen a 2011 MBP 13, any suggestions? Also the wifi appears to drop off frequently, is this a known issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

^ is this a 2011 MBP?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Time to do a clean install.

Looks like something's conflicting/broken somewhere. Install from scratch....

^ is this a 2011 MBP?
    Yes....

Its one of a number of issues, so a clean install might be my only option once i go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

smurfjed wrote: »
    Yes....

Its one of a number of issues, so a clean install might be my only option once i go home.

Hopefully,

You have done a back up before this has happened.?

If so then a clean install would be the ideal solution. As with clean install one wipes the HD.

Suggest that you look up doing a clean install either on Apple website or there are many examples on "You Tube".

Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Installed it Saturday and it's working a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

smurfjed wrote: »
    15398349549_f8d820226b_c.jpg

Post Yosemite, I'm getting this screen each time i reopen a 2011 MBP 13, any suggestions? Also the wifi appears to drop off frequently, is this a known issue?

I had this issue after waking up my 2011 macbook on Mavericks. A suggestion which worked for me was to reset the macs pram: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH14222?viewlocale=en_US

Only getting 6 hours now since updating on a full charge was getting 8 hours before Yosemite any one else the same ?.

I had this issue after waking up my 2011 macbook on Mavericks. A suggestion which worked for me was to reset the macs pram: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH14222?viewlocale=en_US
    IT-Guy , thanks that appears to have fixed that issue. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glack

Only getting 6 hours now since updating on a full charge was getting 8 hours before Yosemite any one else the same ?.
    My battery life is noticeably shorter. I have a 2012 macbook pro.

glack wrote: »
    My battery life is noticeably shorter. I have a 2012 macbook pro.

Using a late 2013 15 inch retina but its only 4 month old.

ITs saying Safari is eating the battery Wasn't like that before the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Get SMS relay working too?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I think continuity is a bit hit and miss for now. SMS relay seems to be working good for me on iPhone, iPad and Mac but the phone call side of things isn't looking good. I made a call from my Mac but only when I unlocked the phone. While it was sleeping the calls kept failing, which is a bit pointless and defeats the point of using the feature. Hopefully it gets sorted soon.

Advertisement