Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

*******Motors Chat - Round 7*******

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Auto.

Stick is for peasants and racecars. ;)

I have to agree :pac:

Drove the Yaris for a bit during the week, no idea what I was doing :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

All this mpg talk is worrying me. I'm so use to diesels now I consider 50mpg low :eek: I don't know what I'm going to do when I have a decent petrol car that will do 20-30mpg. The golf is just seriously good on diesel. I mean last week I needed to get somewhere in a hurry and I was driving the the car very hard not excessive speed but really hard acceleration the whole time basically driving it as uneconomically as you could and by the time I got there 40km bad back roads constant speeding up slowing down the computer was still reading 48 mpg :pac: I mean you'd really struggle to get it to do much less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Anyways, people who know what I drive like aren't surprised with my MPG at all. :D

Bpmull wrote: »
    MPG

When I floor it the instantaneous readout reads sub 10MPG :D

When I floor it the instantaneous readout reads sub 10MPG :D

A yep the instantaneous is pointless unless your traveling at constant speed. It the trip average that counts really.

• Advertisement

Am driving a Vauxhall mocha for a few days, I miss my lancer.

Mine is constantly between 20-30 mpg when I'm on the motorway :D

Sobanek wrote: »
    Mine is constantly between 20-30 mpg when I'm on the motorway :D

Gallons of oil or petrol?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Augeo wrote: »
    Gallons of oil or petrol?

Both :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Oh so she's a 2 stroke?
    What is she, 37:1?

• Advertisement

YbFocus wrote: »
    Oh so she's a 2 stroke?
    What is she, 37:1?

More like 370:1 :pac:

An actual night for fog lights and most of the cars don't have them on :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

All summer long fogs everywhere

Ireland logic :pac:

I have been seeing that the last few times I've been driving in fog no one uses them at all now. I suppose most find it too difficult to simply judge the conditions and use the lights as appropriate so they just default to having fogs on all the time or never use them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭NewApproach

So me aul lad was originally going to get a Caddy van, then mentioned maybe a Mazda CX-5. Now 90% sure I've convinced him to get a FF Range Rover 3.6 TDV8 Vogue :D:cool:

I'm not sure if anyone reads the stories on this website they are very funny, stupid but still funny. Here's a good motoring related one about speed camera vans and flash etiquette :pac:

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2014/07/29/motorists-call-for-penalty-points-on-drivers-who-fail-to-flash-for-speed-vans/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Auto.

Stick is for peasants and racecars. ;)

Glad you've added racecars to this statement but most racecars are auto these days. :p

Freaky, I was at the airport there this morning and lost my ticket. I just went up to the barrier and pressed the button and a ticket came out, went inside put it into the machine, and since I was under 15 mins, I hadn't to pay anything (Despite the fact that I was there about an hour) :cool:

I was going to do that, alright, but thought i'd better not incase the ticket didnt work on the way out for whatever reason (it does note the reg plate).

There was also an enormous amount of airport police vehicles hovering around so figured one of them would see me and i'd only be inviting hassle on my doorstep. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

You know that time.......

When you are after good few drinks and just got back home, but the girl that you really really like calls you and wants to come over, but all taxis are just not answering...

THIS IS BULL****!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Dose of the horn ateing the leg off ya SH? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I'm not sure if anyone reads the stories on this website they are very funny, stupid but still funny. Here's a good motoring related one about speed camera vans and flash etiquette :pac:

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2014/07/29/motorists-call-for-penalty-points-on-drivers-who-fail-to-flash-for-speed-vans/

Always do the flash-flash! There are cars that dont though- bolloxes

Fecking joys of working at security... Someone messed up morning's roster and there's no one coming in. I was supposed to leave 7 minutes ago. Still unknown what time the other person might show up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

Fecking joys of working at security... Someone messed up morning's roster and there's no one coming in. I was supposed to leave 7 minutes ago. Still unknown what time the other person might show up.

He'll say it was an accident too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

My friends car passed NCT .... surprised, mileage on NCT cert . Clever ...

kTxMGui.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

I think the date when the test was carried out is new too?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Nope Sim thats on it an eternity now :)

He'll say it was an accident too...

Ah, still here...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

I think the date when the test was carried out is new too?

yea ... it was out since april this year .. after few months will test again, to get nct till april 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Gas, though the comments section is full of more buffoons than usual with no sense of satire at all.

• Advertisement

Ah, still here...

Left at 9:14 :mad:

Thankfully, I can come in at 9:30 pm instead of the usual 8:00 pm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement