Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MATCH THREAD: Connacht vs Leinster, 19th Sept 2014 19:35, The Sportgroud, TG4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

I'm physically ill. Of all the games to lose, the worst one is to lose in the Sportsground. This will haunt my dreams.

Bryan Byrne is better than Shane Delahunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Great result but cost me dearly. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

Well done Connacht. H cup here you come!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

ssaye2 wrote: »
    Well done connacht I'm done you better back it up and not be a one three trick pony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭ouncer

Connacht have scored two tries in 160 min against 2 bottom half of the table teams. A combination of a narrow victory last week, and a big victory recently at home against a very weak Leinster has puffed up their confidence a great deal, but I would suspect that by half 9 tonight they will have a much better appreciation of how they stand. I hope they come out fighting and give a good game, but I think there is only one horse to back in this race, the one that has a devastating subs bench too up the intensity with 20 min left. I would suspect a points difference of more than 14.

Marmion you beaut. Naoupu insane. Connacht, jahysus, yez are the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,125 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

That's on O'Connor.

took off Macken far too early, and did not make other changes that were begging to be made. Connacht took the initiative and he never did anything to try get it back.

Gopperth is killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,849 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Fair play to Connacht, impressive fitness and workrate.

Leinster need a 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭OldRio

A-Train wrote: »
    Leinster were beyond bad, in control and handed Connacht the match. Some shocking calls by the ref against Leinster.

That is embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Shout out to travelling fans deserved better free Jersey or something

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

YES

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,016 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

It's all a conspiracy against Munster obviously. We'll beat everyone around us and then gift Connacht easy points. :o

WE

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

ouncer wrote: »
    Marmion you beaut. Naoupu insane. Connacht, jahysus, yez are the best.

No giving out from ouncer. All is good in the West.

CAN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Poor game, great win. We've won 3 from 3 without playing particularly well in any of the games. That's a great position to be in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Leinster were beyond bad, in control and handed Connacht the match. Some shocking calls by the ref against Leinster.

Come off it connacht played well, their pack was in total control with scrums and mauls and they took their chances well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,779 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I'm really not impressed by this Leinster side. No structure in the backs at all. We supposedly have senior players in the backs who are able to set the tone. Saw none of that this evening.

Forwards weren't the problem. Did what they were supposed to do. Got on top for long periods and then kept parity on others.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Well done Connacht, much the better team in the second half.

O'Connor needs to buck up his ideas fairly sharpish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭A-Train

OldRio wrote: »
    That is embarrassing.

Explain how so please?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

SlickRic wrote: »
    That's on O'Connor.

took off Macken far too early, and did not make other changes that were begging to be made. Connacht took the initiative and he never did anything to try get it back.

Gopperth is killing me.

On MOC me swiss. That's down to the players. Shocking accuracy again. We seemed to rest on our laurels in the 2nd half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Connacht looked far better once Falloon went off, they started disrupting our armchair ride at the breakdown. Once they swarmed the rucks, Reddan was on the back foot and Gopperth struggled.
    Good win for Connacht but Leinster were absolutely awful in the second half. Completely clueless and kicked away possession far too much. Very frustrating to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

case885 wrote: »
    Come off it connacht played well, their pack was in total control with scrums and mauls and they took their chances well.

The only points from the scrum came from a Leinster march on the Connacht scrum

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

.ak wrote: »
    On MOC me swiss. That's down to the players. Shocking accuracy again. We seemed to rest on our laurels in the 2nd half.

Yes but this sort of malaise never happened under Joe. How can (largely) the same set of players be of such a differing standard under two different coaches?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I am officially on the p1ss now! ðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

.ak wrote: »

He has to take responsibility for the subs. And he made a balls of them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭A-Train

case885 wrote: »

They weren't in total control, Leinster controlled most of the play. Connacht took their chance well I will agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭OldRio

Explain how so please?

Trying to put some of the blame on the ref. Very poor form after that 'display'

Completely shocking from Leinster. Scarlets gift us last week and we all think things are rosey.

This week showed us that a motivated team with a plan will beat an unmotivated team with no plan and that's what we are and have been since MOC took over.

Awful *team* performance and no strategy for subs given how shattered many of our pack looked later on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

serious questions must be asked of matt o'connor. That was shocking. Just so inept. How many of that Leinster team won the 6n only 6 months ago???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

P_1 wrote: »
    Yes but this sort of malaise never happened under Joe. How can (largely) the same set of players be of such a differing standard under two different coaches?

That's hardly true at all, we were thumped in the sports ground under Joe, but I agree the way out structure completely collapsed in the second half was unforgivable

Advertisement