Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

coldcake wrote: »
    I was promised mine a month ago. Sent them another email today and they said to check with the post office. this seems fishy to me!

Same rubbish I'm getting off them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I was promised mine a month ago. Sent them another email today and they said to check with the post office. this seems fishy to me!
    MrMac84 wrote: »

Stop dealing with pgpromotions@sykes.com & email the address provided in post #689.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,846 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

MrMac84 wrote: »

same here
    sent an other email a couple weeks back, got no reply that time, couldnt be arsed any more

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I got mine on Friday.
    i kept getting replies from them saying to check the post office etc

I just kept replying saying it was a scam and a data base building exercise and asked to have all my details removed!

i then get an email from the customer service section asking how i felt about the treatment and i laughed and explained.
    They eventually sent one by registered mail, which arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭Spipov

ive given up, went out and bought one with 4 blade refills for 19 euros. i couldnt take that forest hanging off my face anymore...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 outforabargain

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Mark your correspondence FAO Justine Howarth

[email]pgconsumercare.im at pg.com[/email]

Thanks Yamanoto

The reply I got last week was from that email address from someone that simply signs herself Fiona. This was after marking an email for the attention of AG Lafley.

I can't decide whose Customer Service department is worse - Gillette's or Burger King's. Probably Gillette's because it has only taken a month to sort out a problem with BK!

It is not so much the offer, it is the fact that after several communications saying that the razor is on its way, it seems that there are still problems - so has become a matter of principle.

I'll keep you all posted.

OfaB

It is not so much the offer, it is the fact that after several communications saying that the razor is on its way, it seems that there are still problems - so has become a matter of principle.

OfaB

T'was the principle of it for me too, especially so after they claimed I hadn't filled out the initial form correctly.

I must have annoyed them so much that they sent me two - so .if you're anywhere near KK, you're welcome to the spare.

T'was the principle of it for me too, especially so after they claimed I hadn't filled out the initial form correctly.

I must have annoyed them so much that they sent me two - so .if you're anywhere near KK, you're welcome to the spare.

Yep, initially said that (a) I needed to have applied before 31st of January 2015 and (b) that the offer was limited to 150,000 units.

They also said "We have checked our database of all eligible entries and confirm that unfortunately, we have no entry to this offer in your name. We have therefore not issued a complimentary razor."

What was galling was that was the fifth or sixth email from sykes.com with the previous four or five saying "Don't worry, your razor will be with you shortly. Due to unprecedented demand...." How that last "unprecedented demand" squares with the allocation of 150,000 units is beyond me. If they've allocated 150,000 units then once they've gone surely that's the end of the promotion?!?

OfaB

PS Don't know where 'KK' refers to.

PS Don't know where 'KK' refers to.

You're unlikely to be near Kilkenny so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

They also said "We have checked our database of all eligible entries and confirm that unfortunately, we have no entry to this offer in your name. We have therefore not issued a complimentary razor."

I got this response too, saying no record in the database.

This is the problem when you don't get a confirmation email after signing up to things so perhaps in future take a screengrab of the confirmation screen (or take photo with your phone).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

No razor here. scuuuuuuuuumbaaaaaaags.

On 27th April, I wrote:
    Thanks Yamanoto

The reply I got last week was from that email address from someone that simply signs herself Fiona. This was after marking an email for the attention of AG Lafley.

I can't decide whose Customer Service department is worse - Gillette's or Burger King's. Probably Gillette's because it has only taken a month to sort out a problem with BK!

OfaB
    Well it is 30th April and no razor and not even the courtesy of a reply from Fiona at pgconsumercare.im at pg.com

I'm starting to wonder which I'll be able to celebrate first - the razor actually arriving or the first anniversary of my application!

This has got to be a worse PR disaster than the Hoover Free Flights fiasco of a few years back.

How anyone - especially those in Gillette/P&G's management - can think that Gillette's Customer Care department is doing a good job is beyone me.

You initially get replies/acknowledgements to your communications promising the Earth, then they simply stonewall and fail to deliver.

Why anyone would ever want to deal with a company like this again is a mystery. It has been a complete fcuk-up from the beginning.

We should all boycott P&G/Gillette products and hurt them where it matters most - like buying Nivea shaving gel/foam and supermarket own-brand refills for our Gillette razors.

What a bunch of snake-oil salesmen they are.

OfaB

On the BK front, finally got my refund and a letter of apology.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

kceire wrote: »
    I got mine on Friday.
    i kept getting replies from them saying to check the post office etc

I just kept replying saying it was a scam and a data base building exercise and asked to have all my details removed!

i then get an email from the customer service section asking how i felt about the treatment and i laughed and explained.
    They eventually sent one by registered mail, which arrived.

AHAHAHAHA time to scam them back!

EVEN IF YOU GET ONE....keep hounding them say you didnt.....after they send bucketloads out they might realise and stop sending them .....:D

AHAHAHAHA time to scam them back!

EVEN IF YOU GET ONE....keep hounding them say you didnt.....after they send bucketloads out they might realise and stop sending them .....:D
    I cannot share your point of view there. I am simply after Gillette to honour the offer that they have made (numerous times I might add).

What I completely fail to understand, however, are the following two points.

1) The offer was initially restricted to the first 150,000 applicants. After that, when applying, you should have had a message saying then and there that your application was unsuccesful as all of the razors had been allocated.

To get responses from Sykes to say that they were "overwhelmed by the response" to the offer doesn't make sense.

Shouldn't the application process have terminated there - at the initial application stage?

2) Having had numerous contacts with the company - and numerous replies saying "don't worry, your razor is on the way" why weren't you subsequently asked for your address and a razor simply popped in the post?

If P&G/Gillette has allocated 150,000 units at (for ease of calculation) £10 each (= £1.5m)
    an extra 50,000 that might have to be sent out as some folks would have dishonestly claimed that they'd applied (when they hadn't) would hardly dent profits.

No, instead we have a Hoover Free Flights situation (admittedly not to the same degree) - but similarly a total PR disaster.

I just can't my head around the thinking of P&G/Gillette management. The aftermath of this failed promo should have been over MONTHS ago (and certainly by Christmas) and not still be rumbling on seven months after the promotion was launched.

I also can't understand why a global company and market-leader would simply refuse to respond to customer's communications.

If companies such as Amazon and John Lewis can get customer service right (and they do), how come the likes of P&G/Gillette (and, on a separate note, Burger King) get it so spectacularly WRONG?

Makes me wonder if any heads have rolled over this (and if not, why not)?

OfaB

UPDATE 5/May/2015

A surprise Recorded Delivery package arrived today - containing a Fusion ProGlide razor. Interestingly, sent 2nd class but (sadly) there is no postmark so I can't say when THIS razor was dispatched.

No compliments slip, no letter apologising for the nearly 8-month delay, just a razor. Not in retail packaging either and no spare blades.

It would be remiss not to thank Gillette (and/or P&G) for my razor but the amount of effort it has taken to get the company to honour their offers is quite staggering.

Matter of principle has now been resolved - but at what cost to Gillette's reputation? Cetrainly, from my point of view, it has taken a nose-dive of quite staggering proportions.
    I decided then to deal solely with Ms. Justine Howarth, Head of Consumer Care at P&G & she sorted it in a prompt manner, providing me with Royal Mail tracking details etc.

The Customer Care team still haven't had the courtesy to reply to my emails - even my last to Justine Howarth. Neither did she or one of her department have the good manners to acknowledge my email, reply or even send a tracking number.

I wonder if AG Lafley reads this board and if so, what action (if any) he will take regarding the woeful performance of his Customer Care team here in the UK.

How anyone in that department has managed to keep their jobs is a complete mystery to me. They appear to be, by far and away, the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH!

On the positive, I now have my razor - but now will refuse to use either it or any other Gillette product on principle.

/end rant

OfaB

UPDATE 5/May/2015

A surprise Recorded Delivery package arrived today - containing a Fusion ProGlide razor. Interestingly, sent 2nd class but (sadly) there is no postmark so I can't say when THIS razor was dispatched.

No compliments slip, no letter apologising for the nearly 8-month delay, just a razor. Not in retail packaging either and no spare blades.

It would be remiss not to thank Gillette (and/or P&G) for my razor but the amount of effort it has taken to get the company to honour their offers is quite staggering.

Matter of principle has now been resolved - but at what cost to Gillette's reputation? Cetrainly, from my point of view, it has taken a nose-dive of quite staggering proportions.

The Customer Care team still haven't had the courtesy to reply to my emails - even my last to Justine Howarth. Neither did she or one of her department have the good manners to acknowledge my email, reply or even send a tracking number.

I wonder if AG Lafley reads this board and if so, what action (if any) he will take regarding the woeful performance of his Customer Care team here in the UK.

How anyone in that department has managed to keep their jobs is a complete mystery to me. They appear to be, by far and away, the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH!

On the positive, I now have my razor - but now will refuse to use either it or any other Gillette product on principle.

/end rant

OfaB

So you got it despite them saying no record in the database? Nice.

I got that response but as I had no confirmation mail or other proof that I signed up I decided it was a lost cause.

Who do you reckon you got the response from, and what exactly did you say? (I.e. Which email proved to be most effective in getting a response)

Just gonna saddle up my high horse here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Congratulations to everyone in this thread for making sure that Procter and Gamble will never give anything free to the Irish ever again.

Thargor wrote: »
    Congratulations to everyone in this thread for making sure that Procter and Gamble will never give anything free to the Irish ever again.

Or they might actually do it properly next time :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Thargor wrote:

As if they gave something ever :p

Thargor wrote: »
    What a parochial outlook you have!

Not everyone posting on this board lives in Ireland. I happen to be English and live in the UK!

Welcome to the WORLD-WIDE Web!

OfaB

• Advertisement

mrcheez wrote: »
    So you got it despite them saying no record in the database? Nice.

I got that response but as I had no confirmation mail or other proof that I signed up I decided it was a lost cause.

Who do you reckon you got the response from, and what exactly did you say? (I.e. Which email proved to be most effective in getting a response)

Just gonna saddle up my high horse here :)
    I suspect that on further inspection they did find me in the database as I applied sometime during the start of September 2014.

I made a legitimate entry to the initial promotion and kept getting emails saying that "Don't worry - your razor is on the way!" It just never arrived as the months rolled past like tumblewed in the wind.

I suspect that it was the email to Justine Howarth that secured a result - however an earler email marked for the attention of AG Lafley also seemed to elicit a response.

Just plain gobsmacked at the total ineptitude of the Customer Care Department at P&G.

I wouldn't pay any of them - even with coloured beads or other shiny trinkets. As much use as a paper parachute or a lead lifebelt.

OfaB

I suspect that on further inspection they did find me in the database as I applied sometime during the start of September 2014.

as did I, although I might have used my initials in the name field, but I asked them to check by address and nada
    I made a legitimate entry to the initial promotion and kept getting emails saying that "Don't worry - your razor is on the way!" It just never arrived as the months rolled past like tumblewed in the wind.

I got those mails too, hmm ok can try using that as "proof".

Only takes a minute to write a mail so it's not like it's hard work for a free razor! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭Sono

Cannot believe the outrage over a bloody free razor, Christ almighty.

I'm more mildly miffed than outraged tbh :) ... but still a freebie was promised and they didn't deliver to 100s (1000s?) of applicants so they should take note that they can't get away with harvesting data like this without repercussions.

Quite notable that the particular email address I used is getting a lot more spam since I signed up so seems like the data may have been sold on already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Sono wrote: »
    Cannot believe the outrage over a bloody free razor, Christ almighty.
    Incredulous rather than outraged.

It took a whole team of people to make many consecutive bad decisions to mess this up. It took another team of people to make several more bad decisions to fail to compose a coherent response and a plan to resolve the initial foul up.

I'm amazed they find their way out of their houses fully dressed to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭6541

What's the email address that I mail notifying them that I never got mine ?

6541 wrote: »
    What's the email address that I mail notifying them that I never got mine ?

There's no real consensus on which one works, but my post #640 might help :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭6541

mrcheez wrote: »
    There's no real consensus on which one works, but my post #640 might help :pac:

Thanks, email sent. I am seriously hairy !

UPDATE:

Finally got an email apologising for the whole sorry mess.

Nice to get after months and months of email tennis.

Regarding my post #707:

At no point have P&G/Gillette asked me for my postal address, and yet my razor arrived on Monday. This backs up my statement that I was in the database of applicants - hence my rage at the email from Sykes on 9/April which said "We have checked our database of all eligible entries and confirm that unfortunately, we have no entry to this offer in your name." Grrrr!

Anyhow, all resolved and apology received.

End of story as far as I am concerned.

I hope that others who have made legitimate claims and haven't received their free Fusion ProGlide will get their razor in the end. It seems that an email marked for the attention of Justine Howarth (Head of Customer Care) gets results. For email address see Yamanoto's post #689.

rgds

OfaB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

Mine arrived today.:):)..just the razor and blade in a jiffy bag.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement