Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

Triboro wrote: »
    Sent e-mail to the link above two days ago, got reply today looking for confirmation of my name and address to which razor will be sent within two weeks.. I wonder!

Got exact same email

• Registered Users Posts: 15,846 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Triboro wrote: »
    Sent e-mail to the link above two days ago, got reply today looking for confirmation of my name and address to which razor will be sent within two weeks.. I wonder!

Read it again lads, says they will investigate and get back within 2 weeks.... no mention of sending razor out
    Hi Seve OB and thanks for your email.
    Thank you for your email to Mr Lafley who has noted your comments and asked me to respond on his behalf.
    We would like to investigate why you haven’t yet received your razor, please can you supply us with your full name and postal address to enable us to do this. We should be able to get back to you in the next two weeks.
    Thank you very much for your patience.
    Kind regards,
    Joanne

I'm also pretty sure they didn't even read my email of complaint because I had my name and address in there in the first place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

It's a reply at least, but it's all a bit wishey washey.

Why would it take 2 weeks & what is there to to investigate?

They've had the precise issue spelled out to them by numerous folks on countless occasions.

Just send the damned razor already.
    Hi xxxx and thanks for your email.

Thank you for your email to Mr Lafley who has noted your comments and asked me to respond on his behalf.

We would like to investigate why you haven’t yet received your razor and we should be able to get back to you in the next two weeks.

Kind regards,

Joanne

Consumer Relations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

muffinhead wrote: »
    Fill out the form for a free Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor

http://www.firstreal.co.uk

Cheers op just ordered, how long do you guys reckon I'll be waiting?

wilser wrote: »
    Cheers op just ordered, how long do you guys reckon I'll be waiting?

lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

just as an aside, if i wasnt to complain, but yet get some info from them by email, then will they have broken any rules? ie fishing for peoples details??

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ieoin

What is the story will they be sending any razors out at all, or can you email them?

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

I emailed them on Friday and got the following reply this morning.

Good morning,

This promotion has now finished and all that have qualified have now received their razor.

There will be future promotions available if you wish to apply.

Kind regards,

On behalf of the P&G promotional team

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Rega

Will this thread ever die?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Rega wrote: »

Already expired.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Rega wrote: »
    Even some chinese merchant selling 20c flashlights would be after telling us all to eff off or just plain ignoring us at this stage. We'd complain for a while then the thing would die.

The complete inconsistency of P&Gs responses here keeps giving people hope. Or entertainment.

6 months of PR shambles is surely a Boards record - this thread should run until they just ignore us or everyone receives a definitive no. Or heh, maybe even the razor they offered us for our personal details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

6 months of PR shambles is surely a Boards record

Not even close.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056356752

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

I emailed 2 weeks ago and didn't even get a reply. Jerks

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

Got the same reply as others have:

"Hi yizorselves,

Thank you for your email to Mr Lafley, who has noted your comments and asked me to respond on his behalf.

We would like to investigate why you haven’t yet received your razor; please can you supply us with your full name and postal address to enable us to do this. We should be able to get back to you in the next two weeks.

Kind regards,

Jessica

Consumer Relations"

C'mon Jessica ya lil roide

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

kceire wrote: »
    Email sent too.
    Will update if I get any reply.

Got the following reply over the weekend.
    Hi Kceire and thanks for your email.

We would like to investigate why you haven’t yet received your razor and we should be able to get back to you in the next two weeks.

Kind regards,

Joanne

Consumer Relations

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

People still waiting on their razor?

I now have 2 razors. I sent them a few facebook messages and was told to email them. They then sent one out a week or so after I emailed them. Then a few weeks later I randomly got another one in the post. Happy days. Very happy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

GiftofGab wrote: »

I now have 2 razors. I sent them a few facebook messages and was told to email them. They then sent one out a week or so after I emailed them. Then a few weeks later I randomly got another one in the post. Happy days. Very happy with it.

Same, the second one arrived loose without the outer packaging. Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

aha, so the facebook approach gets results eh? Probably as it's public etc, so would look bad if they didn't respond

So the first crowd that had the contract disappeared into night with our details ( or P&G are just mangey scabby sh!tes - ie they have the razors and the details but you need to hound them to keep their end of the bargain), and now P&G want me to sign up for facebook to get onto them about the razor. Do they have any other ways they want me to divulge personal information before they follow through on the initial deal?

It's enough to turn you to being a beardy hipster...

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭towelly

Didn't get the free razor so I bought a straight razor. You can get 100 blades for around €3. Bargain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

GiftofGab wrote: »

What Facebook page?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Hootanany wrote: »
    What Facebook page?

Gillette UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Gillette UK.

Just posted on their page myself mailed them and got nothing back see what they say

If they were serious about this they would have got onto boards for a verified account and sorted it out here about 5 months ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

If they were serious about this they would have got onto boards for a verified account and sorted it out here about 5 months ago...

In the scheme of things, boardsies would not register on their Richter scale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I honestly cannot believe how much of a lather so many people are getting into over something they didn't get, for free if you wouldn't be minding.

PR disaster???

Talking of a Gillette talk to forum to try and sort it out???

Are people that hard up for a razor???

Is that why there are so many people sporting beards nowadays?

Jesus wept, some of you really have little to be worrying about.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I honestly cannot believe how much of a lather so many people are getting into over something they didn't get, for free if you wouldn't be minding.

'Lather'!

Good one.

:)

Me
    ow.

Put it this way - if I was over whoever ran this or contracted the company that it was outsourced to, I wouldn't be asking them to do any more for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Dear

Thank you for contacting P & G Promotions

Thank you for contacting us regarding our recent online offer of a free Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor.

This offer was extremely popular and it has taken us longer than expected to process all applications. I would like to thank you for your patience whilst we have done this.

I confirm that you did successfully register for this promotion and your razor has been ordered to be sent out to you today. I would like to sincerely apologise for the long delay in sending this to you and thank you for your interest in Gillette.

Best regards,

The P & G Promotions Team

Thats what I got today

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I got the same.
    Dear Kceire,

Thank you for contacting P & G Promotions

Thank you for contacting us regarding our recent online offer of a free Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor.

This offer was extremely popular and it has taken us longer than expected to process all applications. I would like to thank you for your patience whilst we have done this.

I confirm that you did successfully register for this promotion and your razor has been ordered to be sent out to you today. I would like to sincerely apologise for the long delay in sending this to you and thank you for your interest in Gillette.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement