Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Applied for one, haven't got one, didn't email...it I got it great, if not...couldn't be bothered, more important things to be worried about.

I dont think Gilette really care about people of Boards.ie moaning

Think we should close the thread as its pants.

DT (Cleanly shaved man as I bought my own.....)

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Think we should close the thread as its pants.
    You shave your pants department?

With a paid for razor??

Jayzus.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

This thread is comforting. Like a boring yet dependable friend we all have.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭JohnPPP

imgur.com/D77H8H0AA

After what seems like years of hard work and dedication, I've finally got my free proglide. I'd like to thank my friends and family for sticking by me while I looked like a homeless man for the past 6 months or so.

* Can't post links since I'm newish so sorry about not linking properly. Just copy and paste what's above to see proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

I hope it wasn't a Gillette.........:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,942 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Received my razor this morning. Only took 6 months.

Ditto. Delivered on Good Friday - nearly 7 months after claiming it. Procter & Gamble (linky) are supposed to be one of the worlds leading companies

Clearly not :rolleyes:

That was the injury. The insult is that the bloody razor isn't even battery operated, so it won't work at all on my heavy beard. It is completely useless :(

Thanks very much, Procter & Gamble, for pretty much nothing after waiting forever. Way to go your cutting edge customer service. Not. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Gillette, the longest a man can wait.

I'm sure P&G will be happy with whatever percentage of those who receive a free handle continue to buy over priced cartridges for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I might give them a mail once more for the laff... pgpromotions@sykes.com is the one people are getting the latest "razor will be sent soon" responses from right?

Tbh i cant recall which mail i signed up with ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Mac 3

Mine came last week. Happy days, just when I was getting used to the beard..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

So I went ahead and bough one, and can't say I'm happy with it. Wilkinson Titanium line is much better and cheaper.
    Fusion blades are spaced too close together, which makes them catch and rip hair instead of shaving it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 outforabargain

Having waited for months and months and months, I finally emailed pgconsumercare.im at pg.com last week, marked for the attention of AG Lafley.

I have had an email today promising that I should receive my razor in 7-10 days.

Not holding my breath - but I'll see what happens.

OfaB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

beard3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Ordered complete cheapo plastic crap with free postage from China there recently. Still arrived before this. Gillette less professional than the cheapest of cheap ass ebay sellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭horse7

Having waited for months and months and months, I finally emailed pgconsumercare.im at pg.com last week, marked for the attention of AG Lafley.

I have had an email today promising that I should receive my razor in 7-10 days.

OfaB
    I got mine last week,took about 2 weeks after p and g emailed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

I've just given up waiting, not going to email them, just going to use my beard to dry my tears....
    Even if it does come now the wife can use it to shave whatever bits she wants :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,846 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

i still havent received
    sent them a mail on 3rd and they came back and told me it was posted on 25/03...... I'm sure at this stage the Postman is probably the clean shaven one :D

I'll just write it off at this stage and forget about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ShaunC

niallam wrote: »
    I've just given up waiting, not going to email them, just going to use my beard to dry my tears....
    Even if it does come now the wife can use it to shave whatever bits she wants :)

Is that you or the wife in the picture :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

ShaunC wrote: »
    Is that you or the wife in the picture :confused:

Hers, I just stick it on my face...

Although the part where I said "my beard" should have put way to your attempted smartness ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Mine came in the post last week after emailing them, serially guys email them and you won't be disappointed

for those of you who actually got one.... are they any good?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Seve OB wrote: »
    i still havent received
    sent them a mail on 3rd and they came back and told me it was posted on 25/03...... I'm sure at this stage the Postman is probably the clean shaven one :D

I'll just write it off at this stage and forget about it!

They told me mine had been posted on 19th March & 25th of March & I let them know that one razor going AWOL was plausible, but it seemed frankly bizarre that 2 had gone missing in the post.

I suggested they try again using registered post, to which they replied saying I should contact my local sorting office. I'd had enough of dealing with pgpromotions@sykes.com, who've gone about their business in an entirely shoddy manner over the course of this clusterfcuk. I decided then to deal solely with Ms. Justine Howarth, Head of Consumer Care at P&G & she sorted it in a prompt manner, providing me with Royal Mail tracking details etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Seve OB wrote: »
    for those of you who actually got one.... are they any good?

No. Terrible. Blade only lasted about 3 shaves before it was cutting me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 outforabargain

OfaB

Good job I didn't hold my breath. No razor and still waiting!
    Yamanoto wrote:
    I decided then to deal solely with Ms. Justine Howarth, Head of Consumer Care at P&G & she sorted it in a prompt manner, providing me with Royal Mail tracking details etc.

Can you post or PM me her email - I'll see if I get any joy that way.

Cheers

OfaB

i never got mine either and was onto yer one who promised she would send one out twice! so i still wouldnt hold that breath of yours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Never got mine either. Been promised it loadsa times! Joke really

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Never got mine........... never bothered following up on it. It's gas to come in here and see who got it and how etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Can you post or PM me her email - I'll see if I get any joy that way.

Cheers

OfaB

Mark your correspondence FAO Justine Howarth

pgconsumercare.im@pg.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

They are claiming mine was sent OVER A MONTH AGO!!! from England too ireland and I should wait a bit longer! Mad stuff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭coldcake

I was promised mine a month ago. Sent them another email today and they said to check with the post office. this seems fishy to me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,918 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Forgot all about this. In saying that, I haven't shaved since before the offer but still would have been nice to get a freebie!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement