Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 5 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

krul myhill
    clichy chambers vlaar ferdinand bruce
    siggy mata fabregas larsson el ahmadi
    costa rooney aguero

2 f/t & 1.4 mil

Priorities?

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

honeybear wrote: »
    krul myhill
    clichy chambers vlaar ferdinand bruce
    siggy mata fabregas larsson el ahmadi
    costa rooney aguero

2 f/t & 1.4 mil

Priorities?

I'd get a different keeper to rotate with Krul.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭G1032

I'm thinking of a 4 point hit.
    Di Maria and Welbeck in for Ramsey and Adebayor.
    I have the cash to do a straight Ramsey to Di Maria so might hold onto Adebayor for one more game.
    Not totally happy about getting rid of Ramsey either so I'll have to think hard about this one

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

G1032 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of a 4 point hit.
    Di Maria and Welbeck in for Ramsey and Adebayor.
    I have the cash to do a straight Ramsey to Di Maria so might hold onto Adebayor for one more game.
    Not totally happy about getting rid of Ramsey either so I'll have to think hard about this one

I have Ade too and am keeping him for the home game against West Brom. If he doesn't perform, will be swapping him for Welbeck or Pelle, depending on their performances next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

HighClass wrote: »
    To be fair it's the best performance I've seen from them in a long long time, regardless of the team they were playing. Di Maria is after adding a new spark into the team and is setting up chances almost every time he gets the ball. Shaw has to come back into the team as well so the defence will be stronger the next day too.

It's not like they have the hardest fixtures in the world either, Leicester, West Ham, Everton & West Brom.

+1 on this, there was an urgency and spark about the performance, the last few matches there was nothing showing at all - and contributed as to why people got rid of Rooney/Mata etc.

Regarding Shaw - who is he going to come in for, Blackett has been doing very well so far this season. Rojo is hardly going to be dropped, so shaw could be on the bench for another few games I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Rooney or Di Maria?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Some serious bandwagon action going on here, United scored 4 against an abysmal QPR display. Chelsea/City would have scored double that today. Their forwards saw a lot of the ball but they're still shaky in def midfield/defence.

People buying 3 United players on the back of that performance is ludicrous.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    Some serious bandwagon action going on here, United scored 4 against an abysmal QPR display. Chelsea/City would have scored double that today. Their forwards saw a lot of the ball but they're still shaky in def midfield/defence.

I don't think anyone is buying 3 united players, most people will be looking at Di Maria, no matter what you think about QPR or anything else, he was outstanding today - being a while since there was a performance like his, 2 of his passes to rvp were exceptional. United took their foot of the pedal from 65 min on.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Haven't seen too many if any speak of getting 3 in, could be wrong.

Di Maria plus Rooney/Falcao is quite understandable to me as like City or Chelsea there is goals from alot of areas now but defence is poor admittedly but isn't City and Chelsea as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Shaky in midfield? You must have been watching a different game to me. Defense still needs work but the midfield has great balance now.

Di Maria, Mata and Rooney should be on everyone's watchlist at the very least. Whether they are good long term options remains to be seen but the signs are very good and they have another tasty fixture against Leicester coming up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Spurs also beat qpr 4 0 so I do think there is a bit of an overreaction. However there was a spark to them today that I havent seen in a long time. Di maria and Blind make a huge difference to them as a team I still wouldnt be sure of ADM as a FF asset but he makes such a difference to the team as he can bring the ball forward with some pace. When Falcao gets in the team he will be my utd attacker am going to go RVP to Rooney until things settle down as its still unclear what way they will line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

Yeah because thats happened alot in premier league history.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Ace2007 wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek:
    If your going to spend that much Ivan would have been better choice imo.

Baines has penalties plus other set pieces, Ivan is good going forward but also more expensive and most importantly of all I already have 3 Chelsea and need to offload Jones so he wasn't an option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Rooney to Falcao

• Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭pah

Rooney to Falcao

Based on....?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Have 2 freebies so may get rid of Terry & Fletcher. Might cut costs in defence & get Duff in and thinking Pelle for Fletcher.

Definitely gonna get Di Maria in but not sure who to chop, possibly Sterling?

My midfield is Siggy, Larsson, Sterling, Ramsey, & Fabregas

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I did Debuchy -> Chambers, leaving 2.7m in the bank.

Next week I can potentially upgrade someone else in defense to Ivanovic, or look at upgrading Naismith... but can't come to a decision.

I think I'm happy with my midfield... Ramsey/Siggy/Fab/Sterling/Schneiderlin, but I really want to get Di Maria in... Ramsey or Sterling for the chop there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

AdMMM wrote: »

Next week I can potentially upgrade someone else in defense to Ivanovic, or look at upgrading Naismith... but can't come to a decision.

I think I'm happy with my midfield... Ramsey/Siggy/Fab/Sterling/Schneiderlin, but I really want to get Di Maria in... Ramsey or Sterling for the chop there?

What's the story with Debuchy? Will chambers play now in his place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

also have sterling and ramsey - i chopped ramsey for di maria, based on fixtures

thinking about dumping clichy..... any thoughts ?

What's the story with Debuchy? Will chambers play now in his place?
    Arsenal only have 6 defenders on their books at the moment (Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Debuchy, Chambers, Gibbs), Chambers will be a guaranteed starter at right back for the at least next two months while Debuchy recovers.

At 4.5m, I think it's a no-brainer decision to ensure Arsenal defense cover but if another of their defenders gets injured though I'd be very worried... they only have Kieran Gibbs left to call upon, and he's a left back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Arsenal only have 6 defenders on their books at the moment (Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Debuchy, Chambers, Gibbs), Chambers will be a guaranteed starter at right back for the next two months. If another of their defenders gets injured though I'd be very worried... they only have Kieran Gibbs left to call upon, and he's a left back!

Ok, Debuchy to Chambers will probably be my transfer this week then!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭G1032

Arsenal only have 6 defenders on their books at the moment (Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Debuchy, Chambers, Gibbs), Chambers will be a guaranteed starter at right back for the at least next two months while Debuchy recovers.

At 4.5m, I think it's a no-brainer decision to ensure Arsenal defense cover but if another of their defenders gets injured though I'd be very worried... they only have Kieran Gibbs left to call upon, and he's a left back!

Gibbs is out injured I think. Monreal is in at left back for Gibbs.
    If a central defender or Chambers gets injured then Bellerin will be drafted in

Edit: Sorry. Just saw that Gibbs is fit again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Might bank my transfer this week and see how things are looking the week after. I'd like to bring in Falcao, given his reputation, but I still want to see how Utd get on before dumping Rooney. Ivanovic is a bit iffy, but he might pop up with a goal against City. I don't think City are at their best and I reckon Chelsea should beat them reasonably well.

Pieters may be injured but I'd just as soon chance Duff at home to Sunderland, and my defensive choices have all been a bit rubbish anyway. Pellé seems a great buy. Thing is I'd need to make two substitutions to afford him, so I might just give Naismith one last spin at home to Palace.

Might bank my transfer this week and see how things are looking the week after. I'd like to bring in Falcao, given his reputation, but I still want to see how Utd get on before dumping Rooney. Ivanovic is a bit iffy, but he might pop up with a goal against City. I don't think City are at their best and I reckon Chelsea should beat them reasonably well.

Pieters may be injured but I'd just as soon chance Duff at home to Sunderland, and my defensive choices have all been a bit rubbish anyway. Pellé seems a great buy. Thing is I'd need to make two substitutions to afford him, so I might just give Naismith one last spin at home to Palace.
    I'm giving Naismith one last roll of the dice this week too and then, assuming no further rises, upgrading to Pelle.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Re: Chambers, I'd be wary of Bellerin starting RB for some games...he's very highly rated. Though he may be kept just for league cup and easier CL ties.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭boccy23

I'm giving Naismith one last roll of the dice this week too and then, assuming no further rises, upgrading to Pelle.
    Should have scored, albeit from an offside position.

Contemplating using the wc so I'd end up with:

Ddg / Hamer
    Clyne / chambers / taylor / moore mariappa
    Adm / siggy / fabregas / sterling / boyd
    Costa / Aguero / pelle

I'd have zero in the bank, so I've a feeling I'll have to do it tonight. The temptation is killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

A lot of people opting for ADM. I know he had a great game but his points were somewhat fortunate. His goal was an attempted cross and his assist was a mis-hit attempt on goal. He could be a big FPL player but i think people need to take a deep breath and wait to see if he can repeat the performance against Leicester before pulling the trigger.

Definitely watchlist material and a good potential punt but it's too early to say whether he deserves one of the premium midfield slots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

zarquon wrote: »
    A lot of people opting for ADM. I know he had a great game but his points were somewhat fortunate. His goal was an attempted cross and his assist was a mis-hit attempt on goal. He could be a big FPL player but i think people need to take a deep breath and wait to see if he can repeat the performance against Leicester before pulling the trigger.

Definitely watchlist material and a good potential punt but it's too early to say whether he deserves one of the premium midfield slots.

Thoughts on Rooney?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Crap
    https://twitter.com/JamesOlley/status/511432990359306240

@JamesOlley

Arrived in Dortmund where Wenger is expected to confirm later on that Debuchy is out for 3 months with ankle ligament damage. Big blow.

Advertisement