Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 5 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 148 ✭✭Pipjam

Seems like a direct replacement, and cheaper. I like having 1 defensive player from each of last seasons top 4. Think I'll go with Chambers alright.

Be careful. Debuchy tweeted that there was no break and he expects to be back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Pipjam wrote: »
    Be careful. Debuchy tweeted that there was no break and he expects to be back soon.

L'Equipe is reporting two months out because of ankle ligament damage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Gatame wrote: »
    Should I WC? Notable changes Sterling out, Aguero in. Wellbeck good idea? And Dumping Terry.

Old:

uz9qtw.png

New:

Sb4VEh.png

I am biased towards Liverpool but Sterling is really good. He was rested yesterday and I reckon Rodgers regrets it big time and won't leave him out again imo. Aguero in is a good move.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

swoody wrote: »
    i'd avoid newcastle and sunderland if i where you ( more so newcastle), otherwise i think your bang on. maybe chester and another is a better option.
    FHFC wrote: »
    Agree with the comments about the Sunderland/Newcastle pairing not looking so hot anymore. PvA has disappointed me lately and Newcastle look awful at the back.

Also, would you not have another 0.1 to go for Lloris over Mig, don't know if Liverpool's defence warrants investment.

Probably gonna play mine too this week. Made some rash decisions lately and need a clean slate....

Cheers guys, I appreciate the feedback.

I do like the thought of having two cheap rotation pairs in defence as the expensive names aren't working out, but aside from STO/SWA I feel SUN/NEW still offers the best rotation at that price range. Hull's fixtures are arguably the most difficult in the league over the next 10 weeks while Newcastle's are arguably the easiest. The next number of weeks of SUN/NEW would give me Hull, Stoke, Swansea, Leicester, QPR, Everton at home and Palace, Burnley, WBA, West Ham and Leicester away when the home team has a tough game. Despite Newcastle's poor start and Sunderland's lack of clean sheets to date, I still feel there's clean sheets to be had there with that run.

The goalkeeper is a really tough decision for me. I could double up on Southampton I guess with Forster, but Liverpool have one game I'd consider very tough over the next 10 weeks and I can (perhaps mistakenly) see clean sheets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I'd pick Clyne or bertand, not both, especially if you have Forster too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Looks like I will be transferring di maria in '3 options out Ramsey ,Sanchez or sterling, any recommendations

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Time to get Di Maria in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

sword1 wrote: »
    Looks like I will be transferring di maria in '3 options out Ramsey ,Sanchez or sterling, any recommendations

Had DiMaria / Pelle Friday night
    Changed it to Aguero / Tadic -- some regret in it!

How to get Di Maria in now without taken Aguero out!

Might take Sterling out myself

Or Tadic & scrap 2mil together by changing Ivanovic / Welbeck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I've just done Ramsey -> ADM
    Hope it works out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Is it madness that I'm thinking of adding Herrera into my team? Already have Di Maria.

• Advertisement

spock. wrote: »
    Hope it works out.

Bonkers. At least wait until the United game is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Hope it works out.

I did that last week in my WC. I still do intend to buy him back. Have no idea who for though.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

I did that last week in my WC. I still do intend to buy him back. Have no idea who for though.

that's about the only decision that worked out for me in wildcard
    will be getting Ramsey back in few weeks unless Walcott hits ground running ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Considering playing WC and looking at this lineup. Thoughts on the defence? Leaves me with 0.1 in the bank.

Forster
    Rafael Clyne Shawcross
    Siggy Sterling diMaria Fabregas
    Costa Falcao Welbeck

Mannone Wisdom Moore Cattermole

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Hope it works out.
    let's hope he's just having a sit down cause he's tired for your sake

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Dónal wrote: »
    Bonkers. At least wait until the United game is over.

And Di Maria went up last night so absolutely no need to get him in for a few days. Crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Baines in for injured Jones. Everton have Liverpool and united away in 2 of their next 3 fixtures but I've decided to ignore fixtures on this one, there's no telling when baines will get big returns and Jones had to be replaced so..!

Rooney will surely be the lead captaincy choice for next week now.

Am thinking Ramsey out for Di Maria. Then Ramsey back in around GW8. Villa are defending very well, and United have Leicester, so on paper United have the easier fixture.

Rooney will surely be the lead captaincy choice for next week now.

Did Rooney move into the hole when Falcao came on? (I couldn't watch live)
    Definitely between him and Costa for next week

• Advertisement

Did Rooney move into the hole when Falcao came on? (I couldn't watch live)
    Definitely between him and Costa for next week

Yep Rooney did.

Costa plays City away though. Rooney has Leicester away.

Yep Rooney did.

Costa plays City away though. Rooney has Leicester away.

Seems like Costa is turning into a default captain though (sadly)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

jive wrote: »
    Baines in for injured Jones. Everton have Liverpool and united away in 2 of their next 3 fixtures but I've decided to ignore fixtures on this one, there's no telling when baines will get big returns and Jones had to be replaced so..!

:eek::eek::eek:
    If your going to spend that much Ivan would have been better choice imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Zaha out for Boyd to rebuild my bank but not against a hit if needed.

Need to look at upgrading Naismith after next week but need someone other than Wellbeck.

Actually making 0.5 from Pieters to Wilson let's me do Zaha to Chadli, is that worth a 4pt hit? Haven't much leeway on it, 1 price rise and I can't.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Will probably sell Debuchy for a cheap defender and bank the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Am I the only one that finds the rush to get United players in premature? They beat a poor side at home that will likely be relegation contenders. All the superlatives being used to describe their performances are over the top. Wouldn't be surprised to see them go to Leicester and fire a blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

While it's definitely hyperbole, there's no denying that that United squad is on the way up. They looked good. I was very impressed by Di Maria in particular. Sure QPR are ****e and Utd still have some serious defensive errors, but I'd be very surprised to see them blank against Leicester.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Schmeichel, Forster

Hutton, Van Aanholt, Wisdom, Duff, Moore

Hazard, Fabregas, Ramsay, Henderson, El Ahmadi

Rooney, Naismith, Costa

5.1m in the bank

I have a wildcard and thinking about using it

Aguero in, Hazard & El Ahmadi out definitely needs to happen sooner rather than later

Ideas are welcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Am I the only one that finds the rush to get United players in premature? They beat a poor side at home that will likely be relegation contenders. All the superlatives being used to describe their performances are over the top. Wouldn't be surprised to see them go to Leicester and fire a blank.

To be fair it's the best performance I've seen from them in a long long time, regardless of the team they were playing. Di Maria is after adding a new spark into the team and is setting up chances almost every time he gets the ball. Shaw has to come back into the team as well so the defence will be stronger the next day too.

It's not like they have the hardest fixtures in the world either, Leicester, West Ham, Everton & West Brom.

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    Schmeichel, Forster

Hutton, Van Aanholt, Wisdom, Duff, Moore

Hazard, Fabregas, Ramsay, Henderson, El Ahmadi

Rooney, Naismith, Costa

5.1m in the bank

I have a wildcard and thinking about using it

Aguero in, Hazard & El Ahmadi out definitely needs to happen sooner rather than later

Ideas are welcome

Hazard to Tadic/Lamela/Eriksen/Chadli this GW and then Naismith to Agüero next? Your defence is quite budget but not necessarily a bad thing thus far

Advertisement