Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei b593s-22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Cerco

I am aware it is a router and Huawei have apps for other routers in their range to allow quick and easy access to management functions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

Cerco wrote: »
    I am aware it is a router and Huawei have apps for other routers in their range to allow quick and easy access to management functions.

Think you are slightly confused, they dont have apps, they have web interfaces for management, they can be accessed from any web browser using the routers IP address. The only app huawei does is HiLink, and I have no idea if it has any functions to access the B593s.

No confusion on my part.
    I know , in common with all routers, they have a web interface.
    Apps are commonly used for managing routers . Take a look in the App Store under Linksys, TP-Link or Netgear to see what is available. Huawei have an app called HiLink for supporting a range of routers. Unfortunately the B593 is not included although it does give some information e.g connection type 3G or 4G and signal level, number of connected devices.
    These apps run on IPhone and iPad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

Cerco wrote: »
    No confusion on my part.
    I know , in common with all routers, they have a web interface.
    Apps are commonly used for managing routers . Take a look in the App Store under Linksys, TP-Link or Netgear to see what is available. Huawei have an app called HiLink for supporting a range of routers. Unfortunately the B593 is not included although it does give some information e.g connection type 3G or 4G and signal level, number of connected devices.
    These apps run on IPhone and iPad.

It appears you have answered your own question then :)

Not all apps appear on the App Store that is why I raised the question. Possible, some developer has one. That's it and thanks for your replies.

• Advertisement

I have a B593s-22 from Three. Quickstart guide shows usb port connected to printer. I have tried connecting printer without success.
    I can connect a usb storage device successfully but printer is not visible.
    Anybody got this working with a printer?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

Is there a difference in download speed from Three's B593s to the one which can be bought online? I'm thinking of getting a new modem soon.

Is there any big differences between the two? (besides the VOIP option missing which I read about above).

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Caspero

Edit post no longer needed, sorted what I was asking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 robouden

Seems this thread does have many experts on the Huawei..:) I just bought a B593s-22 and it works fine on 3G here in Japan, but LTE (4G) does not work. It seems NTT Docomo runs on a different band. Anyone knows how to change so I can use LTE (4G) here in Japan?

regards
    Rob Oudendijk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 robouden

Seems this thread does have many experts on the Huawei..:) I just bought a B593s-22 and it works fine on 3G here in Japan, but LTE (4G) does not work. It seems NTT Docomo runs on a different band. Anyone knows how to change so I can use LTE (4G) here in Japan?

...more information( A subset of band 3, band 9 is intended for exclusive usage in Japan and is called "1700 MHz band" there. Devices that support E-UTRA band 3 also support band 9.)....

regards
    Rob Oudendijk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

homingbird wrote: »

That costs another £11 delivery to Ireland.

That's £122/€170.

It costs £112 Free UK del. +PM (€3.90) [new item] delivery charge to Ireland here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009QW3ZG4

Around €160'ish, for a new device on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AHireland2k11

-=al=- wrote: »
    Someone here unlocked a 3 one and used the generic firmware, but I have absolutely no idea how or what was used.

The s-22 model is the best one, I think there's a few B593 models but the s-22 is the man to have.

I'd try and avoid the 3 branded one and just go for it unlocked from the box... just seems easier. It is a bit expensive but it seems like a future-ish proofed router and should last a while.

It's helped a lot of folks out on here with getting a half decent connection without a fixed bb service
    You say to buy the unlocked version but then you cannot port-forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

You say to buy the unlocked version but then you cannot port-forward.

Why not :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AHireland2k11

The unlocked version does not support port forwarding whereas Three's firmware does!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭niallb

The one I got from Meteor was unbranded and unlocked, and also supports port forwarding.
    Pity the address given by Meteor is natted, so port forwarding isn't possible, but it's nice to have!

niallb wrote: »
    The one I got from Meteor was unbranded and unlocked, and also supports port forwarding.
    Pity the address given by Meteor is natted, so port forwarding isn't possible, but it's nice to have!

As stated , theis nat used by mobile operators is the issue with port forwarding. Not sure how useful it is with this limitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭niallb

It's useful to have should a service offering a public IP ever come about.
    As soon as we're all using IPv6 this will be the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I thought you need a static ip for it to work since the network operators give out a bunch of ip's under their own local umbrella network thing!

Very unscientific but there was a lovely diagram posted explaining it all before but I can't seem to find it!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 johnfc

hi,
    hope you can help. bought a B593s from 3 last week. great download and upload speeds, good wifi strength, but the wifi keeps disconnecting several times a day and have to reboot to reconnect.checked settings as per huawei support and changed channel settings from auto to channels 6 and then 11 but the problem persists any advice would be appreciated.thanks

• Advertisement

johnfc wrote: »
    hi,
    hope you can help. bought a B593s from 3 last week. great download and upload speeds, good wifi strength, but the wifi keeps disconnecting several times a day and have to reboot to reconnect.checked settings as per huawei support and changed channel settings from auto to channels 6 and then 11 but the problem persists any advice would be appreciated.thanks

You sure its the Wifi (device to computer) connection thats dropping?

With three dropping the connection between the local mast and the device can be all too common. You can have days sometimes weeks when it works well then go through just as long with it cutting off at random intervals, needing regular reboots of the Wifi device to keep a connection.

no, it definately the Wifi. get the message on phone, ipad and pc "no network found". have no problem connecting to 4g directly from my phone.

Did you try having connecting it to a device via Ethernet and seeing if it disconnects as often?

Or try using the other wifi networks on the router? You can have up to 4

hi, it works fine over ethernet. on wifi while browsing it disconnects and says "no networks available". previously had a dovado tiny with a 3g usb dongle and had no issues.from googling the problem, others have had the same issue, but i have not found a solution... could it be a faulty router?
    maybe its interferene by my phonewatch wireless alarm system.would trying more channels solve it?

I'd say its a faulty router but I don't know how you'll go about proving that to those generous people that fall over themselves to help you at three.

They'll probably send it away for 4 weeks loose it for a bit and then return it in exactly the same condition - hope I'm wrong.

Yeah if you mention it to three they will ask you to turn it on and off 4 times stand on one leg and sacrifice a child at the next blood moon

When I was on three the service would cut off every once and a while but it does sound like more of a wifi issue. Did you try using more wifi networks on the router with the same/different settings or if the device is unlocked try a different mobile network carrier

three would be a nightmare to deal with. dont fancy that. i have tried different wifi networks but still the same. i have it set on channel 11 since this morning and it has not disconnected yet (kiss of death) so will see how that goes.

johnfc wrote: »
    three would be a nightmare to deal with. dont fancy that. i have tried different wifi networks but still the same. i have it set on channel 11 since this morning and it has not disconnected yet (kiss of death) so will see how that goes.

Have you done a complete reset? I've had other routers behaving badly before and a reset has occasionally sorted the problem out.

Also WiFi uses a lot of power a good percentage of the total the unit uses as a whole so I'd try a replacement power supply. Is this the router that uses that USB B connector on the back for the power?

did a couple of resets.it uses a standard 12v power connector.dont think its an issue with power, but if all else fails i will try that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 mpaton

WillyFXP wrote: »
    I bought a three branded B593s, then unlocked it and debranded it, so yes, I can confirm the functions.
    Firmware version:
    V200R001B236D30SP00C00
    Firmware build time:
    Sep 30 2013 / 10:29:34

I just picked one up from 3 and it has later firmware (and maybe later hardware):

Model: B593s-22
    Hardware version: Ver.B
    Firmware version: V200R001B236D30SP01C25
    Firmware build time: Jul 9 2014 / 15:50:53

It said there was no update available.
    Both APNs give a non-public IP though.

I'm not sure yet if a public IP is available on 3 with PAYG.

Advertisement