Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei b593s-22

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

mpaton wrote: »
    I just picked one up from 3 and it has later firmware (and maybe later hardware):

Model: B593s-22
    Hardware version: Ver.B
    Firmware version: V200R001B236D30SP01C25
    Firmware build time: Jul 9 2014 / 15:50:53

It said there was no update available.
    Both APNs give a non-public IP though.

I'm not sure yet if a public IP is available on 3 with PAYG.

It should be but you might have to fight for it. I'm payg with a public IP address. I can't really be sure if what you get is dependent on where you are (and the cell you connect to) or the IMEI of the SIM card.

If you have a good reason for needing a public IP address then give support a call and see if they will change it for you. If they don't have a clue ask for the case to be escalated, accept no call backs (they never call back) and as a final option PM the Three: reps in the Talk to Three forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭bloo

Hi,

I just signed up to three broadband with the Huawei B593s router, just the standard 15gig a month to see how it is. I've just moved house so I'm testing out mobile broadband, as we can't get upc where we are. We were using around 160gig a month on upc, having no standard tv and streaming all our entertainment.

Also does anyone have any more info on recommended external antenna?
    There are a couple suggested already, have these been working well enough?

thanks

- Actually finding it impossible to get a decent signal so I am trying to cancel this!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AHireland2k11

Can anyone help me? I have unlocked b593 from three moving to meteor. How do I connect to meteor. I used a payg phone sim and it could only connect to data.mymeteor.ie and would only receive meteor 3G and when I changed to 4g got error 282. The map says I get excellent 4g

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Think you need a 4g BB sim, instead of a phone one

APN is broadband.mymeteor.ie for me and that's a 4g sim

Seems like the phone sim will only connect to 3g

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭padraig.od

Has anyone got one of these working with Vodafone 4G? Plan would be to use the Huawei b593s-22 for data connection and run my home network from a router behind the b593s-22.

• Advertisement

Once it's unlocked I don't see why not once you make a vodafone profile for it with th correct settings etc

And you can easily hook it up to another router as the main router for your home network, I do that myself and it works almost as good as a fixed line service

padraig.od wrote: »
    Has anyone got one of these working with Vodafone 4G? Plan would be to use the Huawei b593s-22 for data connection and run my home network from a router behind the b593s-22.

Just make sure you are using different IP ranges on both routers. For example 192.168.1.* on the Huawei and 192.168.2.* on the second router or it won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭padraig.od

-=al=- wrote: »
    Once it's unlocked I don't see why not once you make a vodafone profile for it with th correct settings etc

And you can easily hook it up to another router as the main router for your home network, I do that myself and it works almost as good as a fixed line service

Great thanks. Expect some tech support questions shortly!

Can someone recommend a good quality 8-port switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭john_doe.

i have got a vodafone sim card (PAYG) inserted in the B593 but cannot get connected, i have tried the APN that comes with the sim and the apn of live.vodafone.com with blank user and pass and no authentication but does not work. we have vodafone 4G coverage in house
    Has anyone got an unlocked B593 working with vodafone 4g and how did they do it?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭john_doe.

padraig.od wrote: »

wasted the last two days on this will not work:

purchased a bill pay sim on 30 day contract- will not connect -
    spent an hour on phone to tech support- eventually they got annoyed-
    from what they indicated the 4G network somehow restricts the devices it allows to connect to it and will not let the router authenticate.

In summary:
    PAYG SIM works on 3G with device (have got this working)
    Bill pay does not work.

Note tested all variations of the APN's - must explain why VF dont offer this as a device
    Sending the B593 back to seller.

• Advertisement

Try naming apn profile auto leave apn blank username and password blank and no authentication

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

-=al=- wrote: »

The wifi range of this modem seems very poor, I have it connected to a mains extender and two more units at either end of my partition internal walled bungalow! the signal wont make over 20Ft!! My question is what is the advantage of using a second modem?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

@pedro Have you checked under wifi advanced settings, there is a 'transmit power' option, check it is transmitting at 100%.

bodonnell wrote: »
    @pedro Have you checked under wifi advanced settings, there is a 'transmit power' option, check it is transmitting at 100%.

will give it a try! thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

john_doe. wrote: »
    wasted the last two days on this will not work:

purchased a bill pay sim on 30 day contract- will not connect -
    spent an hour on phone to tech support- eventually they got annoyed-
    from what they indicated the 4G network somehow restricts the devices it allows to connect to it and will not let the router authenticate.

In summary:
    PAYG SIM works on 3G with device (have got this working)
    Bill pay does not work.

Note tested all variations of the APN's - must explain why VF dont offer this as a device
    Sending the B593 back to seller.
    My PAYG vodafone voice sim works fine on 4g using auto APN.

Hi

So I have tried the ATK-LOG LTE antenna as posted earlier from dipol. When it arrvived I found that I was sent the FME connection rather than SMA. I was sent out adapters so the antenna could be used but to be honest I seem to be getting worse speeds using the external antenna than the internal one.

I'm not 100% sure the connections are right with the adapter as its making it really tricky to tighten properly. Would anyone know if that adapter could be making any difference? I might just try and get the correct antenna (right fitting) sent out rather than using the adapter. Any thoughts?

Thanks

bloo wrote: »
    Hi

So I have tried the ATK-LOG LTE antenna as posted earlier from dipol. When it arrvived I found that I was sent the FME connection rather than SMA. I was sent out adapters so the antenna could be used but to be honest I seem to be getting worse speeds using the external antenna than the internal one.

I'm not 100% sure the connections are right with the adapter as its making it really tricky to tighten properly. Would anyone know if that adapter could be making any difference? I might just try and get the correct antenna (right fitting) sent out rather than using the adapter. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Antenna's aren't always as good as some of the claims. Using adapters on the cables can be very hit and miss. So what you are saying doesn't surprise me.

Do make sure you are "pointing" the antenna in the right direction, you may not be getting your best signal from the mast you think you are.

Try pointing it in all positions and make sure the connectors are solid

The thing is wih antennas is you want as little cable as possible and as few variables as possible. Quality cable and connections are pretty critical for a good signal!

Hi

Dipol sent on the correct antenna, so I could swap them over. (They were very good to deal with).

Can't say the speeds are much different to be honest but I will be installing the antenna properly on the roof shortly so I hope I can get better results. Ive tried all directions inside the house, out the window and holding the thing on a pole outside so I think I know where to point it when it is finally mounted properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Anyone using this with a 3 payg sim getting a 4G signal? Thinking about picking one up tomorrow,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Cerco

Huawei have an App for Android and Apple devices which provides a user interface for the B593s router. Useful enough but does not have all the functionality of the terminal interface. It is called HiLink. Allows access to other routers in the Huawei range.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭ACLFC7

Cerco wrote: »
    Huawei have an App for Android and Apple devices which provides a user interface for the B593s router. Useful enough but does not have all the functionality of the terminal interface. It is called HiLink. Allows access to other routers in the Huawei range.

Good find. Cheers ðŸ»

anyone use this device with AYCE data?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Cerco

I tested it and it works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

It will work fine the AYCE data SIM are the same as the normal broadband ones. Just with the unlimited plan rather than a data limit.

I will have an unlocked one for sale, runs well on Three 4G with a box type antenna. Is it permitted to put up Adverts.ie links on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but i'll ask anyway.
    Would Vodafone 4G any good for gaming? I have very good coverage here so i'm thinking it's worth a try.

I saw a sticky post at the top saying it terrible but that was from 2010. I'd imagine it's improved a lot since then.

I'm currently on these speeds from Eircom - hMd5TtD.png?2

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭ACLFC7

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask but i'll ask anyway.
    Would Vodafone 4G any good for gaming? I have very good coverage here so i'm thinking it's worth a try.

I saw a sticky post at the top saying it terrible but that was from 2010. I'd imagine it's improved a lot since then.

I'm currently on these speeds from Eircom - hMd5TtD.png?2

Would the usage limit not be a problem for you? I think Vodafone 4G broadband allowance is only 20GB

I've never used Vodafone 4g so I can't really say about them but you would most likely get a much better connection than the current one you're having!

Once the 4g signal of any network is decent in your area you should be ok. Check what works best in your area and find a package that suits your budget with the best data caps, then you can pick a device that would suit your needs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

ACLFC7 wrote: »
    Would the usage limit not be a problem for you? I think Vodafone 4G broadband allowance is only 20GB

I'd only be using it for gaming. Normal internet browsing/downloading would be done with what i have now.

20GB would be more than enough for gaming.

Advertisement