Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 20 - Pettis, Melendez, Aisling Daly **SPOILERS** **See Mod Note OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

TUF 14 for me was the best.

Yeah, loved 14 as well. Lot of bona-fide superstars came outta that season.

And in fairness, love or hate him, if Bisping is involved it's going to be entertaining. Great season.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

John_D80 wrote: »
    Yeah, loved 14 as well. Lot of bona-fide superstars came outta that season.

And in fairness, love or hate him, if Bisping is involved it's going to be entertaining. Great season.

There was so many finishes in that season too and we've got a world champ out of it!

Diego Brandao will still be my favourite ever TUF contestant. The guy was an absolute animal in that show. Like a rabid dog off a lead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Ellis's head was definitely gone before she got in the cage, she looked an emotional mess the whole episode. Penne was impressive though, and from the pre fight training montage it looked she was submitting people left and right.

On personality alone, I'd like Rose to win. She's class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Brandao looked like he was going to become a title challenger from watching him on the show, he was just knocking out people for fun including Carraway and Bermudez who are very talented. Mad to think that Bermudez isn't far off a title shot now while Brandao isn't even in the top 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

It was class but TUF 5 was the best imo. No title winners but loads who went very far in the UFC, plus Frankie Edgar didn't even make it past the trials for that season!

My missus was asking was TUF any good (as she has a passing interest in the fights but loves reality TV). I gave her TUF 5 to watch because I thought it was the best in every way.

She loved it and nowadays she won't now much about the fighters but will always know a TUF 5 fighter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

There was so many finishes in that season too and we've got a world champ out of it!

Diego Brandao will still be my favourite ever TUF contestant. The guy was an absolute animal in that show. Like a rabid dog off a lead!

Christ yeah, he was a beast altogether. What made him even more frightening was when he started screaming in Portuguese and broken English. Definitely one of the stand-outs in the history of TUF. I have a vague recollection of him threatening to stab someone. Akira Corrisani as far as I remember.

Just had a look at the TUF 14 Wikipedia page. Three first round TKO's and one first round sub out of four fights has to be a record in TUF. I think the reason that he was so dominant is that none of them in the house could deal with his explosiveness at their then level of experience perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Aisling said on the MMA Hour that she wasn't allowed watch UFC Dublin when it was on. Had no idea who won or lost. That would have been tough. Not being able to fight there must have been excruciating.

She was able to see it sometime after. The bounce she must have gotten from seeing how it went must have been a great help to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

She was able to see it sometime after. The bounce she must have gotten from seeing how it went must have been a great help to her.

I also think she said somewhere she got to see it on Tape delay and her watching the event in the house will be shown on the show.

This weeks episode was so so, no other way to describe the fight only Angela Hill got owned Carla worked her game plan perfectly and didn't seem unsettled anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah so-so episode, again zero from Ais, 2 words from JoJo and next week is gonna be even worse with the Heather and Felice show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Pretty poor season so far

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Tuf is like watching a bad episode of hollyoaks with a fight at the end. Its been talked about already when team Pettis were putting knickers on their sign and team Melendez 'pranked' them but did anyone notice last night that when it was showing the Russian girl Kish talking about her knee injury & trying to cut weight, in the locker room the sign had been changed(gaffa taped) to Team Penis. I'm sure they'll have to feature that at some point to hype things along. If anyone has it downloaded or streams its from about 15mins in.

Looking forward to next weeks episode so its finally outta the way & 1 of the 2 annoying bleeps will be out so *fingers crossed* won't feature as much

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Is there a way for both Heather and Felice to lose?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,035 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Brandao looked like he was going to become a title challenger from watching him on the show, he was just knocking out people for fun including Carraway and Bermudez who are very talented. Mad to think that Bermudez isn't far off a title shot now while Brandao isn't even in the top 15.
    Berdumez was beating him in the finale before DB caught the armbar tbf
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Is there a way for both Heather and Felice to lose?

Heather gets the decision, but has blown her knee aggravating this weeks injury.
    We can hope.

Mellor wrote: »

Heather gets the decision, but has blown her knee aggravating this weeks injury.
    We can hope.

Lets be honest, Heather is lucky to be alive after that injury!! :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

As much as I dislike how both women are portrayed in the show, wishing injury on either is a complete ballbag thing to do.

Cop on.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    As much as I dislike how both women are portrayed in the show, wishing injury on either is a complete ballbag thing to do.

Cop on.

eh? Are you talking to me? :confused:

I don't wish injury on anyone, I joked about how she complained about her previous injuries :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,035 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The injury happened on last weeks episode. The joke was her OTT reaction to it.
    Nobody wished anything on anyone. Plus the events of the entire series haven't happened FFS.

whats up with this weeks episode? Is it not supposed to be on bt sports now?

Looks like unleashed korean zombie against garcia

• Registered Users Posts: 49 flayes1

It's on a 2 week break on account of the baseball in America. Means we'll probably get a couple of double episodes in the back end of the season. The Mexican one is still going every Tuesday though. Entertaining enough.

flayes1 wrote: »
    The Mexican one is still going every Tuesday though. Entertaining enough.

yeah? I've not watched any of the "foreign" shows as wasn't sure how it would come across on subtitles. I tried to watch the 1st episode of TUF Brazil(Wanderlie & Chael) but soon gave up as the subs were awful lol

• Advertisement

I know she probably won't fight for ages but the complete lack of any Aisling Daly is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Fiddle Castro

There was a brief clip of her landing a nice punch at the end of the last episode, was worried that she may not have had a fight at all because of the other clip in which it looks like she passes out cutting weight.

was worried that she may not have had a fight at all because of the other clip in which it looks like she passes out cutting weight.

Noticed that, haven't seen it mentioned anywhere until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,201 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Any possibility that Ais is the one on the next episode who gets told they're out? It would explain why they seemingly haven't made any effort to promote her so far. Although it would rule out the bathroom incident as being weight cut related as she wouldn't be doing a weight cut on the next show anyway.

Or maybe Heather's knee injury turns out serious after all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Could be the girl struggling to make weight too.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Any possibility that Ais is the one on the next episode who gets told they're out?

In the montage at the end of the last episode it shows her fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Is this back next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Hazys wrote: »
    Could be the girl struggling to make weight too.

Is Justine Kish not suffering from quite a serious knee injury too ?, having had previous knee ligaments issues her's seems far worse that Heather's. So my guess would be she's gone.

ANybody know if there is an episode this week? I didn't check on btsports last night but theres no torrents to download and its not on a streaming site either which normally by this time would be upto date with latest episodes

• Advertisement

Not this week, Baseball playoffs again. It's back next week.

Advertisement