Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 20 - Pettis, Melendez, Aisling Daly **SPOILERS** **See Mod Note OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Haven't watched any of that season except for last nights episode, that bullying was disgusting to watch, for once though a bully gets put back in her place, watching herself shout tap in panic will be tough to watch for her.

The "you're next" was brilliant, it may have been the #14 to the #1 but the out down was teed up beautifully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

razorblunt wrote: »
    for once though a bully gets put back in her place, watching herself shout tap in panic will be tough to watch for her.

Not a first for this series happily :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Felice really thinks she's the ****. Thought it was funny when Ais said she makes so many basic mistakes and then to see her get tapped in such a **** armbar.

One by one the bitches fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,032 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

MagicIRL wrote: »
    ...then to see her get tapped in such a **** armbar.
    I'm not sure what **** word is, shlty?
    Not sure why you think that. I thought it was fairly solid. Typical judo stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Mellor wrote: »
    I'm not sure what **** word is, shlty?
    Not sure why you think that. I thought it was fairly solid. Typical judo stuff.

The hold yes, but to get submitted from there is poor form, specifically to get submitted via straight armbar from there is poor form as keeping your arm tight upon landing should make it near impossible to apply (as opposed, to say, defending an armbar from bottom mount whereby even if you do keep your arm tight, your opponent can apply appropriate leverage and easily secure the finish).

Just to confirm: Poor form on the part of the loser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Load of people saying this is a **** season, I completely disagree. I'm really enjoying it. Good fights, plenty of drama, bad guys, good guys, what else do you need in a TUF series?

The bullying is amazing! Sure there's a lot of editing but most of the stuff is as plain as day. Apart from when the Irish are fighting, I don't think I've wanted someone to win a fight as much as I wanted Randa to beat Felice. And the fact that she ran through her and did it so easily was a cherry on top!

Gumbi wrote: »
    The hold yes, but to get submitted from there is poor form, specifically to get submitted via straight armbar from there is poor form as keeping your arm tight upon landing should make it near impossible to apply

Just to confirm: Poor form on the part of the loser.
    I know what you mean. It's a bit of a "trick" armbar for a beginner to be caught in. And with a bit of experience you shouldn't be caught in it, but I've seen a judo guy I train with force the position on competent grapplers. Although he's. 6th dan with crazy old man strength, so might not be comparable.
    I've no idea what Randa's credentials are so not suggesting she was good enough to force it, and simply was down Felice's pour form.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Mellor wrote: »
    I know what you mean. It's a bit of a "trick" armbar for a beginner to be caught in. And with a bit of experience you shouldn't be caught in it, but I've seen a judo guy I train with force the position on competent grapplers. Although he's. 6th dan with crazy old man strength, so might not be comparable.
    I've no idea what Randa's credentials are so not suggesting she was good enough to force it, and simply was down Felice's pour form.

I agree. Conventional BJJ dictates standard scarf hold is a bad position too but I've rolled with a good Judo black belt who would question that sugggestion strongly (also see Barnett's sub of Dean Lister from that position at Metamoris.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Gumbi wrote: »
    I agree. Conventional BJJ dictates standard scarf hold is a bad position too but I've rolled with a good Judo black belt who would question that sugggestion strongly (also see Barnett's sub of Dean Lister from that position at Metamoris.

It's not considered a bad position once you keep the opponent flat on their back like a top class grappler can. That armbar you normally only see when there is an obvious strength difference between the opponents and to me Felice looked much stronger than Randa. I'd say Ais had it down that Felice just makes some very basic mistakes on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Gutted to see Ais lose. Thought she did well up against the cage. Just couldn't get back to her feet after penne landed on top in the third.

Looking forward to Jojo v Rose next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp, unlucky Ais, what a tough fight! She eats through punches and can still pose problems for most of the 115 div. I don't think Conor was expecting the silent treatment :pac:. They're gonna be kicking themselves when he's a 2 div champion...

Hopefully JoJo does the job, another tough fight and would really like to see Esparza get a beating by Tecia.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭thehairyone

Any one remember in the early previews it looked like Ais had passed out during a weight cut?

Was it Ais who passed out (maybe it wasnt Ais)? Was the scene cut? Or maybe Ais gets another chance? last one is a long shot i know put passing out during a weight cut is good TV and would be a weird scene to cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,730 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Any one remember in the early previews it looked like Ais had passed out during a weight cut?

Was it Ais who passed out (maybe it wasnt Ais)? Was the scene cut? Or maybe Ais gets another chance? last one is a long shot i know put passing out during a weight cut is good TV and would be a weird scene to cut.

Was wondering that myself

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Never seen Conor looking so awkward!. He didnt know wtf!.Basically the b!tches didnt really like Ais and as a consequence werent giving Conor the love. Conor didnt know what to make of the atmosphere and just handled it the best he could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

califano wrote: »
    Never seen Conor looking so awkward!. He didnt know wtf!.Basically the b!tches didnt really like Ais and as a consequence werent giving Conor the love. Conor didnt know what to make of the atmosphere and just handled it the best he could.

Pettis seemed to cold shoulder him a bit too I thought....maybe he's thinking he could be in line for an ass whoopin :D

Pity that Ais lost but she battled well, never gave in and showed the fighting Irish attitude!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Why would pro fighters get all fanboyish [or fangirlish in this case] over another pro fighter?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,730 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Why would pro fighters get all fanboyish [or fangirlish in this case] over another pro fighter?

Cause he's famous I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

JohnMc1 wrote: »

Pro fighters!. Those girls dont make a living from this.

They were all pro fighters before this. Might not have been massive money, but they were all pro.

The Invicta girls got paid for signing up to TUF. Each got 32k, Carla got 40k as champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I just watched Ais's fight. I have to say, I've never seen her fight prior to TUF and both of her fights have well and truly been the stand outs of the series. She looked to gas out during the second round (I suspect all that clinch work at the start of #2) and lacked it in the 3rd.

I reckon she'll give every one of those fighters a problem if she's matched against them and could easily take that belt when the official division launches, especially with a full camp behind her (The TUF training looks a complete waste of time!)

• Advertisement

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I reckon she'll give every one of those fighters a problem if she's matched against them and could easily take that belt when the official division launches,
    The first official fights in the division were last July. There's been 4 so far I think.
    Some fighters opted to not enter the TUF house, and to start the division instead. The first champ will be from the series, but the first challanger might not be.

But the right win post finale could literally out anyone in contention in these early days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

If you get paid to fight then you are a Pro Fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Angela Magana rang into the MMA hour says she wants to fight Heather and a rematch with Ais but referred to her as Albert Daly.

Whoever her next opponent is clearly isn't one of them but said she robbed an item of clothing from whoever it is and is undergoing some ritual thingy to help defeat her :eek::eek::eek:

Ariel dealt with her brilliantly to be fair calling her out and baffled by her agenda as to why she was ringing in.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

She keeps posting naked pics of herself as well although id FAR prefer to see Ais bate the face off her while she's trapped against the fence. I can see her being a female Junie Browning from TUF 8.

Angela Magana rang into the MMA hour says she wants to fight Heather and a rematch with Ais but referred to her as Albert Daly.

Whoever her next opponent is clearly isn't one of them but said she robbed an item of clothing from whoever it is and is undergoing some ritual thingy to help defeat her :eek::eek::eek:

Ariel dealt with her brilliantly to be fair calling her out and baffled by her agenda as to why she was ringing in.

Haven't heard it yet, but based on that description she's facing one of the rd1 defeats on the ass end of the undercard. Heather and Angela are likely on the main card along with the other SF's.

Heater v Ais would be a match I'd like to see.
    Thug Rose/Jo-Jo/Tecia/Carla not so much (initially)

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

Just went onto Magana's twitter. She is absolutely delusional..

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

Anybody else watching? Really hoping Tecia does it..

I think the final will be Jo-Jo and Carla

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Great fight between Jojo and Rose, fight of the season so far. I hope Rose takes the belt. She's a beast, constantly attacking off her back too. Markos will be a tough fight for her though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Finale fights announced. Reckon Ais will take an early win here.

Hope Lisa Ellis shows up too.

Joanne Calderwood vs. Seo Hee Ham
    Tecia Torres vs. Angela Magana
    Aisling Daly vs. Alex Chambers
    Felice Herrig vs. Lisa Ellis
    Bec Rawlings vs. Heather Jo Clark Emily
    Kagan vs. Angela Hill

Advertisement