Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread TAKE #2 ::::RULES IN 1st POST::::

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Ha, you got there just before me:D

Yea in the carbon business it's called a Pbfckeutfelpqu. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

As content as I have ever seen them in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭RD10

As content as I have ever seen them in January.

When are they due?

RD10 wrote: »
    When are they due?

Starting next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Starting next week.

Is that not early for you?

• Advertisement

grassroot1 wrote: »
    Is that not early for you?

Ya...Very early. Seemed like a great idea last April when they had grass to their knees and the sun on their backs though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Ya...Very early. Seemed like a great idea last April when they had grass to their knees and the sun on their backs though :rolleyes:

and it will this april when the calves are stretching out in that sun

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭golodge

The first calf his year. Out of 3rd calver, 284days gestation,sired by Tweeddale Lookout, 62kgs... Calved unassisted.
    84330218-187879238993169-2287731986824953856-n.jpg
    84441770-486274765422893-4372334783875776512-n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

golodge wrote: »
    The first calf his year. Out of 3rd calver, 284days gestation,sired by Tweeddale Lookout, 62kgs... Calved unassisted.
    84330218-187879238993169-2287731986824953856-n.jpg
    84441770-486274765422893-4372334783875776512-n.jpg
    Super outfit

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭rushvalley

First calf of the year here... Haltcliff newton heifer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Seanhorse91

rushvalley wrote: »
    First calf of the year here... Haltcliff newton heifer

Great calf. On paper he’s meant to be easy calving. Was there much of a pull?

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭rushvalley

Great calf. On paper he’s meant to be easy calving. Was there much of a pull?

Had to get the Jack out but the cow would have calved herself no problem if she tried any bit at all. Always spat out mbp calves by herself the last 5/6 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭Base price

The first batch of 2020 calves arrived earlier last week. We corralled them in the feed passage to vaccinate them with Rispoval RS+PI3. We've added a few more since but I forgot to take photos.
    Edit - feck it, the pic is sideways. I suppose that's better than my last effort when it was upside down.

The heifers coming yearlings now. Got no silage all winter. Just 3kg of meal and running around the winterage. Grand and warm looking with the exception of the white charolais.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭High bike

The heifers coming yearlings now. Got no silage all winter. Just 3kg of meal and running around the winterage. Grand and warm looking with the exception of the white charolais.
    they'r in savage condition, must be some minerals in that place

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

They are in great shape. Serious heifers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

What density are you running on the winterage? It would be great to out winter some but our ground is awful in the winter - totally saturated to the point where walking on it yourself is a struggle.

Big drainage plans for it but doubt that will cure it sufficiently for wintering anything other than sheep.

What density are you running on the winterage? It would be great to out winter some but our ground is awful in the winter - totally saturated to the point where walking on it yourself is a struggle.

Big drainage plans for it but doubt that will cure it sufficiently for wintering anything other than sheep.
    Ah it'd be very low. Depends on the winterage too, some are more grassy than others. Have 14 weanlings in 16 acres there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,738 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Gerry has super cattle;

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement

A 1 star heifer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

A 1 star heifer

Reminds me of Top Notch Tonto the racehorse!

tumblr_omx5g2a3GI1uyk1iio2_500.jpg

The latest addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭tanko

I wasn't expecting to see that.
    Very nice, what's the breeding there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

The latest addition.

Nice looking lad...what’s his breeding...which bull is getting the high road😁

Super looking bull. Onwards and upwards. Fair play to you.
    Did he come from Leitrim?

He's bruchag glenfiddich X clonagh direct debit x raceview king. 2.9 for calving, tiny head. Going to try him on the heifers this year. Have a good few more to bull this year so they are all staying for now anyway.

Super looking bull. Onwards and upwards. Fair play to you.
    Did he come from Leitrim?

Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭High bike

What age is he 16 / 17 mts??

• Advertisement

Mayo.

I thought it was this fella, same markings;
    https://www.donedeal.ie/beefcattle-for-sale/pedigree-simmentals/24490770

Advertisement