Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you change about Boards?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

siblers wrote: »
    Get kinda annoyed with the way some mods seem to ban members over very fickle things.

Someone isn't offering up to the alter of the mods, stick your tongue out and prepare to receive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

A punch in the face button

Think a kick in the face button would be more apt around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

I would ban the use of the 'coke and hookers' phrase. It was funny for about ten seconds years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I would ban the use of the 'coke and hookers' phrase. It was funny for about ten seconds years ago

There are many 'hilarious' phrases I'd love to ban!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Id ban you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

Id ban you.

You spelled "bum" wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I'd auto-ban myself between the hours of 11pm and 7am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

siblers wrote: »
    Get kinda annoyed with the way some mods seem to ban members over very fickle things.

I've been infracted for a mere trifling matter, such as mirthfully resonating something that could be done away with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

Less yokes, more pokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

LIVE CAMS HEHEHE

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭EunanMac

I would definitely get rid of the thanks feature, there is a lot of thanks whoring going on, and it takes the focus away from most discussions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Sauve wrote: »

At the weekend anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

EunanMac wrote: »
    I would definitely get rid of the thanks feature, there is a lot of thanks whoring going on, and it takes the focus away from most discussions.

+1 on This.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

The ability to F•ck someone out of it at least once a month.

Less yokes, more pokes.

Story of your life.

+1 on This.

Where, here or there, anywhere or everywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

You should get some sort of electric shock to the genitals if you have posted more then 1000 times in the space of a couple of months on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Electric shock delivered to users who use that bastard blue smiley as a reponse. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

*waits for :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Ruu wrote: »
    Electric shock delivered to users who use that bastard blue smiley as a reponse. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

*waits for :rolleyes:

Three shocks for Ruu please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

You spelled "bum" wrong

We talked about this before,

Not my thing dude, just keep those fantasies of me to yourself ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

The font has changed for me the last day or so on boards. It's awful annoyin. Would change that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

We talked about this before,

Not my thing dude, just keep those fantasies of me to yourself ;)

I'm going to fill that pigs carcass with my love juice....and then beat you to death with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

When you block someone, you shouldn't be able to see their presence at all.

When you see that a blockee has posted something on boards.ie, it's all too tempting to unblock them, just to annoy yourself with their latest tripe.

Facebook has the right idea. When you block someone there, their presence literally disappears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Something to resize photos automatically. Nothing more annoying than a feckin huge photo that breaks up the screen for the rest of the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭policarp

The amount of "Sub Divisions".
    There are some posts from years back
    that have not been answered.
    Why keep them open?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

I'd ban this stupid blue f*cker: :rolleyes:

Everytime I see that in a post, I scroll straight past it and won't read it. And if I happen to notice the username, they automatically go on a blacklist in my head. You can't really tell what people are like in real life, but when someone uses the roll eyes I think it's safe to assume that they're an @sshole! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Something to resize photos automatically. Nothing more annoying than a feckin huge photo that breaks up the screen for the rest of the page.

That, you attach a pic and it's monstrously large unless you resize it beforehand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭EunanMac

Sauve wrote: »

You spelled bum wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 41,054 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

humanji wrote: »
    I'm not positive, but I believe it's 48 hours to edit it. It'd be a developer decision to change that time period, though. Granted, people may change their post, but you can still remove your thanks, so it kind of evens out. If you notice, that is.

Are thanks not removed if a post is edited?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Are thanks not removed if a post is edited?
    I don't think so. When you edit a post, the thanks disappear, but if you refresh the page they return. I think.

Advertisement