Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you change about Boards?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

The Rabbit wrote: »
    It's amazing how quickly a thread can go to shît.

It's usually the same "clique" that ruin it for the rest of us though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

People who say 'I don't care' about a particular issue brought up in a new thread. Well you cared enough to let everyone know you 'don't care' ya dope?

I've witnessed the first 40/50/60 posts of a thread dominated by those interested in the issue dealing with one of these 'I don't care' individuals. Could never understand why the boards.ie authorities allow these 'I don't care' people, who so obviously do care, deface threads.

Baffling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

That any woman who thanks my post has to be my willing (or unwilling) sex slave

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

A work of wonder alright, ah well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

Perhaps a mod can confirm this, but I'd reduce the time option to edit a post.

It appears to be 48hrs after posting. If I thank a post, can it be radically edited to something I may not agree with?

• Advertisement

The Peanut wrote: »

It appears to be 48hrs after posting. If I thank a post, can it be radically edited to something I may not agree with?

It's about 10 mins IIRC, 48 hours and your in silly season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

aye. a time limit on threads. a week maybe. after that, threads just descend into two or three posters flinging shyte at each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm not positive, but I believe it's 48 hours to edit it. It'd be a developer decision to change that time period, though. Granted, people may change their post, but you can still remove your thanks, so it kind of evens out. If you notice, that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

There are about three fiddy ones and I'd start with that fu?kin one. Why it didn't get banned with blast etc I'll never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

We had a place for that called the thunderdome but we're not allowed talk about that anymore. Like the alcoholic /drug addict uncle it's not to be mentioned.
    Thunderdome Thunderdome Thunderdome Thunderdome Thunderdome
    Karl Stein wrote: »
    People who say 'I don't care' about a particular issue brought up in a new thread. Well you cared enough to let everyone know you 'don't care' ya dope?

I've witnessed the fist 40/50/60 posts of a thread dominated by those interested in the issue dealing with one of these 'I don't care' individuals. Could never understand why the boards.ie authorities allow these 'I don't care' people, who so obviously do care, deface threads.

Baffling.
    Plus a zillion. They clearly DO care.

- People who whinge about thanks and paranoidly post theories as to how it's abused - it's a ****ing button conveying agreement, get over it
    - People who whinge about "The Clique" - if a bunch of users get to know each other, they become familiar with each other; it's not a big conspiracy to ostracise others, it's just the natural order of things; get over it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

So what. Its not like you've cosigned their mortage or let them move into your spare room :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Deank wrote: »
    It's about 10 mins IIRC, 48 hours and your in silly season.

Fairly sure it's 48 hours, you can do a ninja edit in the first 5 minutes I think and it won't say you edited it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

wazky wrote: »
    It's usually the same "clique" that ruin it for the rest of us though.
    I hate been left out of all the fun. :( Bast*rding cliques!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Sherfin

K.Flyer wrote: »
    The banning of the single word post containing the word...
    "This"
    as a reply to anything.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

So what. Its not like you've cosigned their mortage or let them move into your spare room :D

They are welcome into my spare room.;)

I have very little to worry about;its just something that i noticed that i thought was a bit loose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

- "The PC brigade" definitely - a pathetic drone used to shut down debate; it's even used incorrectly a lot.

- Saying "Oh you're a [insert party/company] supporter/employee" - as if it's only possible to have an opinion not slating them if you're somehow affiliated with them

- Shinnerbot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

I'd insist that bell-end Pighead and others like him stop referring to themselves in the third person.
    Signatures. Please don't feel the need to sign off a post. Cordially, go f@ck yourself. You know who you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

I'd insist that bell-end Pighead and others like him stop referring to themselves in the third person.
    Signatures. Please don't feel the need to sign off a post. Cordially, go f@ck yourself. You know who you are.

Don't hold back mate. Tell us what you really think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

People who whinge about "The Clique"

I'd never be a member of a clique who'd accept me as a member. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Sherfin wrote: »
    +1

This.

• Advertisement

Thunderdome Thunderdome Thunderdome Thunderdome Thunderdome

Plus a zillion. They clearly DO care.

- People who whinge about thanks and paranoidly post theories as to how it's abused - it's a ****ing button conveying agreement, get over it
    - People who whinge about "The Clique" - if a bunch of users get to know each other, they become familiar with each other; it's not a big conspiracy to ostracise others, it's just the natural order of things; get over it

YAY THUNDERDOME.

Your point was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Good point, or the uppity types who sign off with their own username or a variation of it.

You're not special and your post isn't special, stop looking for notice.

Wazinski

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Don't hold back mate. Tell us what you really think.

Haha. Sorry, just popped into my head. Thought I'd unleash it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

K.Flyer wrote: »
    The banning of the single word post containing the word...
    "This"
    as a reply to anything.
    catallus wrote: »
    This :)

Weird word though, isn't it? This...This...This...This...This...This...This...This...This...This...This...This...This...This...This...This...This...This...This...This...This...This...This...This..., word has lost all meaning...
    Sherfin wrote: »
    +1

:D:D:D

I absolutely concur with that statement.

Good man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Deank wrote: »
    I absolutely concur with that statement.

Good man Pighead.

Tail Docker thinks you might be slightly sarcy there. Just slightly.

Just a tad, sign him up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

We are not amused with the sartorial tone you commoners have introduced to this discussion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Multiquoting battles can also be a real pain. It seems more common in forums like politics or the economy but often one poster multiquotes another, which then results in a big cluster**** of pointless multiquoting between two posters which really signals the end of a thread for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,428 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Get kinda annoyed with the way some mods seem to ban members over very fickle things.

Advertisement