Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

lots of full sets here for people who couldn't get them on iplayer:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1vbm03LZ2c8Pw3iln1MVUiQfVb-rOXW4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭RayCon

lots of full sets here for people who couldn't get them on iplayer:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1vbm03LZ2c8Pw3iln1MVUiQfVb-rOXW4

No Super Furry Animals :(

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

RayCon wrote: »
    No Super Furry Animals :(

WOAH :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Decided to go to the chemical brothers on Sunday based purely on my enjoyment of their televised show from Glastonbury.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,140 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

The Foos will be back in September, Milton Keynes and Edinburgh...with Iggy Pop! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Already thinking ahead to next year.

Does anyone know if you can purchase tickets overseas for a mix of UK and overseas registration codes? How does the postcode work for Irish addresses?

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

It all depends on the lead booker's location. If you use an overseas address as the lead booker you can add up to 5 other regs from anywhere, but the deposits MUST be paid for by Credit Card Only, and vice versa if a UK address is used as the lead booker then the deposits must be paid for by a Debit Card Only. When it comes to paying the balances each individual can pay their own, again using the same Credit/Debit card rule.

In previous years, I just used my town as the postcode but this year we will have postcodes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭130Kph

I’ve been slowly working my way through my Glastonbury 2015 tv recordings.

I hadn’t come across the Maccabees before but even on my first viewing of their 12 minute (broadcast) set, I’d say they did the best gig that weekend. Just a good old fashioned, live, energetic rock performance. The 4 guitars at the same time worked too.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Hi festival people,

Slightly off topic , but investigating larger scale festivals to travel to next summer - did Glasto in 2014 but sick of the ticket craziness and want something pretty much guaranteed to get ticket for.

Anyone been to Isle of Wight ? Any thoughts on it ?

Any recommendations/thoughts appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

BananaR wrote: »
    Hi festival people,

Slightly off topic , but investigating larger scale festivals to travel to next summer - did Glasto in 2014 but sick of the ticket craziness and want something pretty much guaranteed to get ticket for.

Anyone been to Isle of Wight ? Any thoughts on it ?

Any recommendations/thoughts appreciated

If you're inclined to travel for a festival, you should probably look further afield for something a bit different - Primavera, Sziget etc. (So many more obviously).

Nice experience seeing a festival with guaranteed good weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Rock Werchter, Roskilde

Easy Rod wrote: »
    If you're inclined to travel for a festival, you should probably look further afield for something a bit different - Primavera, Sziget etc. (So many more obviously).

Nice experience seeing a festival with guaranteed good weather.

Thanks - yes, Primavera, Sziget look like great options for sure and would be mad not to consider them.

Was just wondering if anyone had specific thoughts on IoW as I've read some stuff which I construed as negative, about it being very "corporate" etc.

The Nal wrote: »
    Rock Werchter, Roskilde

Thanks - Rock Werchter is a new one to me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i haven't been, but everything I've read about it is that it's fairly ****. splashes massive money on the top few acts on the main stage, and the rest of the lineup is mostly crap. pain in the arse to get to/back from, and the facilities are pretty bog-standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 BestKeeperEver

Rock Am Ring/Rock Im Park if you are into the rock scene. Iv been for the last 3 years to Rock Im Park and I love it.

Rock Am Ring/Rock Im Park if you are into the rock scene. Iv been for the last 3 years to Rock Im Park and I love it.

Yeah - I was checking out the line-ups for these as well. Need to find something which strikes a good balance between rock/pop and electro/dance to keep both myself and friend happy.

Well from this years point of view you would of had the likes of Hozier, the Prodigy, Foo Fighters, Slipknot, Bastille, Slash so its quite diverse (but does have a mojority of rock/metal).

Pukklepop is another fesitval that could suit you.

Reading/Leeds also usually has a pretty solid lineup.

Well from this years point of view you would of had the likes of Hozier, the Prodigy, Foo Fighters, Slipknot, Bastille, Slash so its quite diverse (but does have a majority of rock/metal).

Pukklepop is another fesitval that could suit you.

Reading/Leeds also usually has a pretty solid lineup.

Rock Werchter is nothing like Glastonbury. I went there 2 years ago when I missed out on Glasto Tickets.

It has 4 stages with a decent lineup, but nothing beyond that. No smaller stages, installations, green fields etc. Nothing that makes Glastonbury Glastonbury. Also the camp sites are about a half hours walk the festival site, and you can't bring booze into the stage area.

The food is absolute ****e, and expensive to boot. €7.50 for chips. €12.50 for a burger.

On the positive side, it was generally well organised, the crowd were sound and the weather better.

I think that looking at a fesitval to directly replace Glasto is something that will be extremely difficult to do as it is such a special event.

Most fests onlyhave about 3/4/5/6 stages and thats it - unlike Glasto which can have 10's of stages.

From looking into all of Europes festivals it looks like Sziget would be the closest to it.

• Advertisement

I think that looking at a fesitval to directly replace Glasto is something that will be extremely difficult to do as it is such a special event.

Yeah - agree on that. not expecting to replicate but rather find a potential alternative on somewhat similar scale

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Most fests onlyhave about 3/4/5/6 stages and thats it - unlike Glasto which can have 10's of stages.

From looking into all of Europes festivals it looks like Sziget would be the closest to it.

Just back from Boomtown with a crew who have been die hard Glasto goers for a decade, all agreed they are throwing in their Glasto towels and Boomtown ticks all their boxes, the organisers ethos is 'we dont pick bands who are 'hot, we pick bands who are good'

It has all the bells and whistles that glasto has to keep you amused between bands with a shorter walk and better value. Line up isnt as mainstream, but if you are a reggee, dance, or ska/punk fan, you would be hard pressed to find a better festival line up

Just back from Boomtown with a crew who have been die hard Glasto goers for a decade, all agreed they are throwing in their Glasto towels and Boomtown ticks all their boxes, the organisers ethos is 'we dont pick bands who are 'hot, we pick bands who are good'

It has all the bells and whistles that glasto has to keep you amused between bands with a shorter walk and better value. Line up isnt as mainstream, but if you are a reggee, dance, or ska/punk fan, you would be hard pressed to find a better festival line up

Not my kind of music at all really, but glad to hear you had a great time all the same!

Boomtown looks awesome. Will definitely consider it as a backup for next year. How is it in terms of drink? The website says you're limited to 16 cans for the festival. Is this strictly enforced?
    What sort of beer is sold at the bars?
    One of the pleasures of Glasto is bringing your own beer around with you and not being stuck spending a fiver a pint on Tuborg or other such rubbish.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Blisterman wrote: »
    Boomtown looks awesome. Will definitely consider it as a backup for next year. How is it in terms of drink? The website says you're limited to 16 cans for the festival. Is this strictly enforced?
    What sort of beer is sold at the bars?
    One of the pleasures of Glasto is bringing your own beer around with you and not being stuck spending a fiver a pint on Tuborg or other such rubbish.

they have a limit, but its easy to bring in more, alot of craft beer , no queues at any bars, about 4£ a pint, not too bad. I was mainly on hobgoblin and missus on cider, both lovely.

I love the look of this festival, but I know I would struggle to get any of my crew to go, as the musical styles wouldn't be to their taste. Looks like so much fun though...

Sounds ideal. Definitely one to consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Boomtown looks amazing. The lineup wouldn't be my usual taste but the set up looks unreal. Seems the perfect festival to discover new music

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Just an FYI for anyone who has registered pre 2010, you may need to register again for tickets for next year.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR EXISTING REGISTRANTS

Photo technology has improved significantly since 2007, when the ticket registration system was first introduced. In order to maintain the quality of registration photos on tickets, and to uphold the security of the Festival ticketing system, any registrations submitted prior to 2010 have been deleted. All registrants affected by this will be contacted via email.

Anyone with a registration submitted prior to 2010 will therefore need to re-register before they can purchase tickets for the 2016 Festival (unless they already have a valid registration from a later year).

If you registered prior to 2010 and intend to buy tickets for the 2016 Festival, please check to see if you have any valid registrations here or submit a fresh registration here***

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Boomtown looks amazing. The lineup wouldn't be my usual taste but the set up looks unreal. Seems the perfect festival to discover new music

Ya I have the same sentiments about Boomtown , my friends agree it looks amazing but they are hesitant about just ska, punk , dub , reggae DnB all weekend.

Advertisement