Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Lisha wrote: »
    Congrats Cartman78

Cheers - feel like going up into the dark recesses of the attic and digging out all the albums that are sadly gathering dust up there.

Forget Barney and Fireman Sam...this guy is going to be listening to Chemical Brothers, Prodigy, Daft Punk etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Lol well said Pete. Up yours Kanye.

Kanye is such a ****ing tool, he's so blinded by arrogance he doesn't realise the entire world is laughing at him!!

Addle wrote: »
    Kanye probably wonders 'the who???'...

Can't imaging Kanye performing like they do when he's their age.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Cheers - feel like going up into the dark recesses of the attic and digging out all the albums that are sadly gathering dust up there.

Forget Barney and Fireman Sam...this guy is going to be listening to Chemical Brothers, Prodigy, Daft Punk etc.

Lol, mine are learning about guns n roses, nirvana and blur at every possible opportunity:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Lisha wrote: »
    Lol, mine are learning about guns n roses, nirvana and blur at every possible opportunity:)

If you haven't seen it yet. Give 'Montage of Heck' a watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭crazyguy01

Ha Ha, nice one Townsend , right back at ya, Kanye!!!!!

Put a big smile on my face, and now pulling down part of the stage, Keith would be proud

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

If you haven't seen it yet. Give 'Montage of Heck' a watch.

I haven't yet but it must definitely is on my list of things to watch over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

crazyguy01 wrote: »
    Put a big smile on my face, and now pulling down part of the stage, Keith would be proud

Yeah put a smile on my face too, thats how you pull off a show, such a contrast between The Who and that muppet last night!!!.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

What did Townsend say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Chems on the red button again now.

• Advertisement

nm wrote: »
    What did Townsend say?

He said "who's the biggest rockstar in the world?"

And then "it must be elvis presley"

nm wrote: »
    What did Townsend say?

he said "we're going to send you home with oh yeaaa??, who's the biggest f***** rock star in the world? That must be Elvis Presley!!!!", class :D

Yer man on the keyboards with FFS took the downers not the uppers. Laughing me head off watching him just stand there motionless.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Yer man on the keyboards with FFS took the downers not the uppers. Laughing me head off watching him just stand there motionless.

He's always been like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    I've had 3 epileptic fits already here and my feet and hands won't stop grooving

LMAOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thought I would give Kuntye another listen. Nah, not doing it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Can't imaging Kanye performing like they do when he's their age.

He admitted that himself!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,072 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

That there is the legendry Ron Mael. Search Youtube for Sparks. He sometimes springs into life after a cup of coffee. :p

Stayed with BBC2..... By Jesus I'm glad I recorded the Chemicals in glorious jaw-dropping hd.

Makes a mockery of that tripe last night doesn't it?

Enjoyed the who - there can't be many live bands ever than them.

Wonderful night of superb music - Brilliant :)

Ryan Adams rocking it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,072 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Man, how good are goat!!

BBC montages notably shy of Kanye West footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Man, how good are goat!!

Saw them at body and soul last week without knowing anything about them and they were awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭tinpib

Lovin' reading the comments on the Chemicals here, caught about 2 minutes of it so looking forward to watching it shortly.

Will repeat my recommendation for the 19 minute Todd Terje and The Olsen's set on the BBC website, good poppy electro with a backing band.

Apparently his older brother is on drums and his smiley Norwegian bearded head makes my day as he shuffles to the beat.

The song from 4-12 minutes is amazing.

Glastonbury was so enjoyable this year.

Thank God for my Dreambox & external HD.

screenshot_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Fair play to the BBC, really enjoyable coverage over the past few days. Really didn't think watching a festival on the telly would be that entertaining but it's been great watching some performances on the red button or on their iPlayer. Watched Hot Chip and Caribou's full sets earlier on and they were both very good, the 20 mins or so of Todd Terje was fantastic, wonder will they put up the full set at any stage or on youtube? Didn't get to watch any of todays performances live but by the sounds of things Lionel Ritchie and the Chemical Brothers will have to be watched tomorrow.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Fair play to the BBC, really enjoyable coverage over the past few days. Really didn't think watching a festival on the telly would be that entertaining

It just makes what RTÉ will do for EP all the more cringe!!

I doubt they'll do sets, more like random songs here and there, cutting back to Miriam in the studio for topical analysis of why a song was sung in that particular way!!

I doubt they'll do sets, more like random songs here and there, cutting back to Miriam in the studio for topical analysis of why a song was sung in that particular way!!

Well what will happen is, unlike Glastonbury, where the band and artists and fans are interviewed about the whole scene and atmosphere is.

What RTE will do at EP is,get the likes of that muppet Eoghan McDermott and his crew and interview the celebs at EP..............."so tell me Georgia, who designed your wellies"........."???? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Slight difference in budget and scale of the events

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

threein99 wrote: »
    Slight difference in budget and scale of the events

Smaller scale event would surely require a smaller budget to cover it adequately, so, RTÉ 'should' still be able to do a good job, but as mentioned above hairstyle McDermot will probably just be interviewing Z listers and making stupid jokes about bananas or frogs or something!

Advertisement