Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2015

Options
  • 04-09-2014 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

First time trying for tickets this year. Who do people want to see here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Foo Fighters but barely even thinking about the line up. Nervous wreck about ticket day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Went for the first time this year. It completely blew my mind. I had high expectations going over and had done all my research but nothing prepares you for the size and variety that this festival offers.

Agree with Mince Pie, starting to feel a little nervous about Ticket Day.

As for who I'd like to see on the bill, some names that come to mind include:

Potential Headliners:
    Foo Fighters, Fleetwood Mac, Muse, AC/DC, Led Zepplin, Bruce Springsteen, Prince, RHCP

Others:
    QOTSA, Stereophonics, Foals,FATM, Editors, Royal Blood, The Strokes, My Chemical Romance, Bruno Mars, primal Scream, The Kooks, Razorlight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

is October 5th the likely ticket day?

is October 5th the likely ticket day?

Fairly confident it will be.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Went for the first time this year. It completely blew my mind. I had high expectations going over and had done all my research but nothing prepares you for the size and variety that this festival offers.

Potential Headliners:
    Foo Fighters, Fleetwood Mac, Muse, AC/DC, Led Zepplin, Bruce Springsteen, Prince, RHCP

Others:
    QOTSA, Stereophonics, Foals,FATM, Editors, Royal Blood, The Strokes, My Chemical Romance, Bruno Mars, primal Scream, The Kooks, Razorlight

Foals said they are taking a break to record the new album after their set last weekend at Bestival
    MCR are on hiatus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭FledNanders

Potential Headliners:

Others:

Let's have this rumour removed from the thread nice n early this year eh?! No chance of it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭D33

Was toying of Glastonbury nxt yr as the big summer festival weekend away, is it as awesome as people say or are there any major downsides that might give you second thoughts (travel, access, hassle-levels etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

D33 wrote: »
    Was toying of Glastonbury nxt yr as the big summer festival weekend away, is it as awesome as people say or are there any major downsides that might give you second thoughts (travel, access, hassle-levels etc)

The way I'd describe it is - the best weekend of my life followed by the worst Monday and Tuesday of my life...i'm just getting old though.

I don't think I could put my body through it again but I would highly recommend you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Haven't even looked into getting tickets before as I know how quick they go. What's the protocol though?

Duff wrote: »
    Haven't even looked into getting tickets before as I know how quick they go. What's the protocol though?

You need to register, send a picture for approval then have nerves of steel come the morning of ticket day.
    You can only use a credit card to purchase tickets if you live in Ireland. Tickets ell out in no time. I didn't get one in the October sale and had to nervously await the resale in April when I went for a coach deal and got one straight away. Best moment of my life. Like all your christmas's at once. Nearly passed out from screaming with excitement!

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/Registration/Register

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Seeing this thread has brightened up a dark September evening, just logging on to check my registration for the sale, heres to number 4 for me, as T Day approaches - it really is the best week of your life and anyone with any doubts about it, go for it, you cannot be disappointed, year on year it has got better for me, I thought nothing could have topped my first one (2011) but I left Worthy Farm this year with the same unique feeling of best times ever had yet again this year - I love That Place - Best of Luck to All trying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Fugs!!

Hoping to go for the first time next year. Registered and ready. Is it difficult to actually get tickets on the day?? Anyone know what the story is with campervan tickets??

10675684_10152226881755964_6516006352945785434_n.png?oh=09a007df06019b39a3551f29e9e6d404&oe=549244CF&__gda__=1418884825_b42bf94e6091433a3e84318c28ea89db

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

So wait, I can't use a debit card yo buy tickets?

So wait, I can't use a debit card yo buy tickets?

No, not if your address is in Ieland, so you will need either a UK resident who is going and using their card as the lead booker or you will need to use a credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Will a prepay credit card work? Also if I can use the prepay credit card will I need to use the same credit card to pay off the deposit in April?

Will a prepay credit card work? Also if I can use the prepay credit card will I need to use the same credit card to pay off the deposit in April?

No, prepay is counted as a debit card. Can you ask a friend or family member can you use one?

Mince Pie wrote: »
    No, prepay is counted as a debit card. Can you ask a friend or family member can you use one?

Yeah I can get access to one without to much hassle it must just to see if it's an alternative. Thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

Fugs!! wrote: »
    Hoping to go for the first time next year. Registered and ready. Is it difficult to actually get tickets on the day?? Anyone know what the story is with campervan tickets??

Campervan tickets go on sale at a later stage. They are relativity easy to get, it's £50 for the ticket and everyone staying in the camper needs to have a full weekend ticket when your going into the site. You can also pitch tents/ awning next to the campervan and use BBQs and everything. (unlike Nannystate Festivals in Ireland!)It's the way to go!

Can't wait!!! 2015 will be my third year, fingers crossed I get the golden ticket! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Mince Pie wrote: »
    No, not if your address is in Ieland, so you will need either a UK resident who is going and using their card as the lead booker or you will need to use a credit card.

So can I not use my normal bank card ? This seems very awkward :(

• Advertisement

So can I not use my normal bank card ? This seems very awkward :(

No, absolutely has to be a credit card. I emailed them last year and they confirmed as much as well so I had to use a friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

D33 wrote: »

One word, YES!! Amazing place, do go!!.
    Although it can be tough at the same time. The slightly higher temp and extra tent time (x5 day festival)/ lack of sleep took its toll on me personally (mind you mate in the other tent room seemed to be able to sleep a little bit more) would consider placing the tent in the shade of a Gazebo + some hypothermic foil to reflect sunlight.

I drove, car, (I don't think I could handle an airport or a metal detectors while suffering + have the car there as a base if things go tits up) I generally like driving and found the journey was fine, bit of an experience rather than a chore.
    Landed in Holyhead from Dub around 6:30pm (Stena line) on the festival Wednesday.
    Was dark for the last part of the 5-6hr odd journey, bit daunting with roadworks everywhere on the M5/M6, but got into Glasto in one piece, around 1am zero traffic! In fact things were so quiet it was hard to believe one of the biggest festivals in the world was on close by! Barely any sign-posts, knew we were on the right road, ended up following bright lights in the distance, got in, parked pink 49 in the NW corner of the site. Slight walk (Mistakenly to gate "D", gate "A" was the direct route).
    Then Glastonbury was our oyster! Handed our free neckband + info pack and headed for Rivermead campsite, still plenty of room at that stage.
    Tent pitching in darkness wasn't too bad, knew the tent well + came prepared with headlights etc. If I get the chance I'll be going for the above again worked out sweet!
    Pitching the tent in the dark was the trade off with the chosen ferry time! Didn't want to be drag out the days by arriving any earlier in the week, didn't want to be too late in getting there for camping spots etc, I knew there would be little festival traffic at this time to minimise journey time, this worked out well. Had considered getting a B&B half way but it was just extra cost and wouldn't have been of any great benefit.
    Packed up Monday morning and was on the road by 12pm return ferry was at 8:30pm so left in plenty of time, slight congestion leaving the festival but nothing major. Crash blocked the motorway just south of Birmingham, disaster 2-3 hours delay, ended up bombing it for the rest of the journey but got there by the skin of my teeth (My car can't ever return to the UK!), last on the boat with about 2min to spare.
    In terms of cost the ferry was €264 for two ppl and car. Outbound was regular economy, return was flexi.
    Used just over a tank of diesel about €100. (€264+€100)=€180 per person to get there.
    Bit of cost with the 180 but once this is paid its like a regular festival that you might go to at home, in fact because you can bring drink in everywhere at Glasto, technically you can re-coup some of that cost, offy price €1.25/can Vs €6/pint, 38 drinks to break even on the €180 ;)

Sorry for the long post, just thought I'd add this for anyone considering driving over. :) do it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

thanks Fatfrog! trying to decide how to go about it myself and driving definitely seems like the way to go so. probably not much difference price-wise once you work out flights, extra baggage/buying camping gear over there, and travel to/from the site and airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

thanks Fatfrog! trying to decide how to go about it myself and driving definitely seems like the way to go so. probably not much difference price-wise once you work out flights, extra baggage/buying camping gear over there, and travel to/from the site and airport.

Would be great if someone ran a coach & ticket package from Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

One tip I'd give is to get a cabin for the ferry back. A shower and a few hours lying down is absolute bliss by the time you hit the ferry

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Beans_On

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Would be great if someone ran a coach & ticket package from Ireland![/QUOTE
    Woah that would be sweet. Wonder has it ever been organised?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

Going to try grab some tickets for 2015 - can anyone tell me how likely you are to get some on the 5th Oct?(I'm registered)

I live in the UK so traveling won't be so bad. Massively excited for this.

I was wondering have many flown into Bristol and done it that way? Friends of mine did it last year and had return flights for €70

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

A guy I met at EP was telling me he flew into Bristol, met a few people heading the same way, all shared a cab for 20 pound each. Same on the way home.

Thinking about trying to get the coach & ticket package from Bristol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Yep, 3 of us flew to Bristol and picked up a few stragglers in the airport and we all shared a taxi...was something like €75 between the 5 of us.

Driver was extremely sound and stopped off in Sainsbury's on the way too, journey took about 45 mins.

Advertisement