Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

4 from Cardiff Wednesday, brilliant after missing out the last two years

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Can anyone remember how many minutes the coach sale took to sell out last year.....i make that 13 mins, got through twice but was not looking to buy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

Ticket got with a coach from Cardiff.Tried for Bristol but when I entered my card details it was sold out.Second time going,can't wait to get back there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Can anyone remember how many minutes the coach sale took to sell out last year.....i make that 13 mins, got through twice but was not looking to buy!!
    think it was just under 30mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Tickets got! Friend couldn't get in, was told sold out when paying and was ready to cry and just got a message saying he's secured them!!! Let the planning commence! Whoop!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

No joy :(

Sunday it is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

wednesday ticket from bristol! happy days! best of luck to anyone trying for sunday, hope ye get sorted!

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    wednesday ticket from bristol! happy days! best of luck to anyone trying for sunday, hope ye get sorted!

Us too! What time is your coach?

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Us too! What time is your coach?

1.30 pm what about you?

1.30 pm what about you?

10.30am

• Advertisement

10.30am

ah right, our flight arrives at 7.40 so bit of waiting around but suppose gives us a chance to stock up on our drink/supplies and have a few pints before we get the bus. genuinely buzzing for this, cant wait!

Any idea when I will find out the departure time of coaches from Cardiff ? nothing on the mail

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Wednesday coach from Bristol for us. Same as last year. Happy days!

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Wednesday coach from Bristol for us. Same as last year. Happy days!

Could you tell me does the coach leave from Bristol airport or bristol city?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

Could you tell me does the coach leave from Bristol airport or bristol city?

Bristol city. Usually from outside at-bristol on anchor rd

The bus in from the airport drops off on that road as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Anyone do Glasto in a camper van before? At what point do you buy the camper van ticket? I assume the same time as the regular ticket! Would these sell out as fast?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Anyone do Glasto in a camper van before? At what point do you buy the camper van ticket? I assume the same time as the regular ticket! Would these sell out as fast?

You buy the campervan ticket when paying the balance next April. There's no option to buy campervan tickets this Sunday. Tickets were £85 last year.

Can anyone confirm if they are strict on handing out tickets on the bus, basically we booked from Cardiff and driving there may be an option, we have one more in the party to get a ticket for but I would get a general admission all going well for him and drive myself. So if he goes on the bus will he just be handed my ticket without much hassle and then I meet up again at the gate.
    Sorry just over thinking things and I know meeting at the entrance would be a nightmare in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Had my credit card skimmed for the first time ever so had to cancel it yesterday..talk about bad timing:( ..has anyone used somebody elses to book tickets?

Had my credit card skimmed for the first time ever so had to cancel it yesterday..talk about bad timing:( ..has anyone used somebody elses to book tickets?

Yes, my ex booked mine last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Yes, my ex booked mine last year.

Phew..thanks so much..can go to bed happy now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

bennyc wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if they are strict on handing out tickets on the bus, basically we booked from Cardiff and driving there may be an option, we have one more in the party to get a ticket for but I would get a general admission all going well for him and drive myself. So if he goes on the bus will he just be handed my ticket without much hassle and then I meet up again at the giate.
    Sorry just over thinking things and I know meeting at the entrance would be a nightmare in itself.

bennyc wrote: »
    Any idea when I will find out the departure time of coaches from Cardiff ? nothing on the mail

I went from Cardiff last year and I'm going from there again this year. Last year I think all the buses left around 9.30/10 am. The year before I went from Birmingham and it was the same time. I could be wrong but I think apart fron Bristol and maybe London the rest of the coaches leave early morning.

Just one thing to note trying to buy alcohol before midday in Cardiff is quite hard due to the by-laws they have there. I managed to find one Sainsbury in the city centre that sold alcohol from 9am after being refused at a Tesco and a few other stores. Cue me running back to the hotel with 2 slabs of Carling and a bottle of Whiskey to grab my stuff, order a taxi and try to make the bus for 9.30. Tbh the buses are always late leaving but I wanted to be there for 9.30 just in case.

With regard to the tickets, the first year from Birmingham they gave us the tickets only when we were on the coach. Last year from Cardiff there was a guy with a clipboard crossing off names and handing out tickets before you get on the bus. He was fairly strict though; he wanted to see photo ID from everyone who had a ticket, not just the lead booker.

can anyone recommend any of the camping options?

can anyone recommend any of the camping options?

What do you mean? As in Worthy View etc where you pay or just the general camping on site?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Just to confirm - everyone is to wait until I've got my tickets before trying themselves on Sunday. 'kay?

Got time off work booked, flights and hotel booked. Good to go!

Anyone know when they start announcing the acts? I know its a drip drip thing but just when they first start releasing names.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Got time off work booked, flights and hotel booked. Good to go!

Anyone know when they start announcing the acts? I know its a drip drip thing but just when they first start releasing names.

Time off! Booked flights!! No pressure on getting tickets then Mincey ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Time off! Booked flights!! No pressure on getting tickets then Mincey ;)

Went through all that horror last year waiting for the resale. Can sit back and relax this year. Also getting there on the Wednesday rather than the thursday. So you're looking at one happy happy camper here. :D

• Advertisement

What do you mean? As in Worthy View etc where you pay or just the general camping on site?

Yea sorry the places that u pay extra, worthy view, tipis, tangerine fields etc

Advertisement