Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

We had the car packed and moved off at 11.30am, got 300m down the field and that was it till after 3pm when we managed to get into the queue, then stuck for another 2 hours!

Oooo that's rough!! Barely any hold up for me this year.
    Anyone taken a camper van before? Any longer getting out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Oooo that's rough!! Barely any hold up for me this year.
    Anyone taken a camper van before? Any longer getting out?

We took a campervan this year and stayed at Campervan West.

Tuesday: Left Rosslare at 21:00 (3 hour 15 min ferry trip)

Wednesday: Arrived Fishguard at 00:15
    Drove through the night (with some 15min break stops) and arrived on site at 05:30.
    Was through ticket/security check within 20 minutes of gates opening at 08:00 and was sitting eating breakfast and having a cold beer in the stone circle before 09:30.

Wednesday-Sunday: No words can describe!

Monday: Left site at 02:00 (basically 2 hours after Kasabian finished). We had a driver who stayed off the beer on the Sunday.

Was off site and on the open road within a half hour. Drove to within an hour of Fishguard and parked up. Slept until mid morning and had showers in a service area.

Got the 14:45 ferry back to Rosslare which arrived shortly after 18:00 Monday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Ticket link is up! I feel a little bit sick.

http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/gfl-worthy-view

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

when you say you've multiple browser sessions trying, are you using a cookie switcher between tabs or just using different browsers? tabs on the same browser would have the same cookies so it would be pointless refreshing. i think. this is my first real attempt at buying tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Toast

Assuming it is the same as every other year the website has a load balancer sitting in front of it that assigns session cookies at a fixed rate over time to whoever happens to arrive the moment they are free. There is no queue.

The trick is simply to be refreshing like the clappers and hope you get a cookie. the important part is to know when your refresh request has actually gotten through to the server (and been refused) before refreshing again. Basically knowing the difference between a web connection that is just waiting or stalled completely. Sometimes multiple tabs help here as you can stagger a few different requests which may all take a short time to complete due to the traffic. However if you've too many tabs you are liable to lose any benefit they give you as it gets confusing.

Multiple browsers is just a placebo and getting through on one browser will not give you a cookie for the other and you are liable to get confused and perhaps miss one browser has gotten through when concentrating on the other.

Tabs should be common or garden tabs. Incognito or other cookie isolated tabs are not needed. There is no throttling or otherwise.

Anyone who advises differently is basically passing on what may have coincidentally worked for them that one time style superstition. Every year Efestivals has threads on people comparing networks and browsers and what hats they happened to be wearing when they got through but assuming all are working as normal one doesn't give an advantage over the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

So you can't use an Irish visa debit at all?

So you can't use an Irish visa debit at all?

NO! You can only use a credit card if you are buying from Ireland. Unless you have a friend in the UK who is the lead booker which is what I'm doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Mince Pie wrote: »
    NO! You can only use a credit card if you are buying from Ireland. Unless you have a friend in the UK who is the lead booker which is what I'm doing.

Is this this definite? as ive purchased tickets loads of times for uk gigs via see tickets and always used my visa debit card

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Is this this definite? as ive purchased tickets loads of times for uk gigs via see tickets and always used my visa debit card

Absolutely and most definitely definite! I have emailed them and its in the T&C's. I have a friend in the UK who will be the lead booker cos I dont have a credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

100% Definite, and do not get caught with a 3v as I did one year, I had to ring my boss and get him out of bed on a Sunday morning to give me his credit card details, I was screaming down the phone lol, and only made it with seconds to spare before they sold out!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

100% Definite, and do not get caught with a 3v as I did one year, I had to ring my boss and get him out of bed on a Sunday morning to give me his credit card details, I was screaming down the phone lol, and only made it with seconds to spare before they sold out!!!

thanks for the replies lads.

thats really annoying, gonna have to try source a credit card somewhere now before wednesday!!
    would an o2 money card work?

thanks for the replies lads.

thats really annoying, gonna have to try source a credit card somewhere now before wednesday!!
    would an o2 money card work?

No, the prepay cards count as debit cards on the system. It has to be an all singing all dancing credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Annoying really, I mean like my debt is a Visa has the x16 digit no. + exp etc etc. I know there's currency exchange but don't see why it's such a big deal!

Did I read somewhere that it's the opposite in the UK, tickets can only be bought using a debt not a CC?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

Would I get away with using a my brothers credit card because we share the same address or does my name have to be on the card?

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

DylanAFC wrote: »
    Would I get away with using a my brothers credit card because we share the same address or does my name have to be on the card?

Yes! You can use any credit card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

So the coach and ticket package goes on sale tomorrow.

We are going to try for these....just wondering is there any disadvantage?
    As in are the coaches at awkward times etc?
    We're going to fly in to Bristol and get the coach from there on the Wednesday morning I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

sebcity wrote: »
    So the coach and ticket package goes on sale tomorrow.

We are going to try for these....just wondering is there any disadvantage?
    As in are the coaches at awkward times etc?
    We're going to fly in to Bristol and get the coach from there on the Wednesday morning I'd imagine.

The major disadvantage is that you have to travel on the coach to get the ticket. So if you book a coach from say Liverpool, then you have to go there and get the coach.

Not sure if coach tickets are sold from Bristol either.

Edit: They are sold from Bristol.

Ok.

The coaches do go from bristol as below.

323704.jpg

Just thinking we could get a coach ticket and get a ferry to a city it is going from. We could just bring the stuff in the car and then transfer it to the coach....would save having to try get it on a plane!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

We did the coach package in 2014. Was grand, really well organised - we went from London. It's not a bad option for any non-UK people.

I'm gonna try...but not sure can I even go in 2015 so mixed emotions here!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

Think I'll try for one of these. Will be flying over either way so this seems like the best option for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

have been reading efests, and people mentioned that you don't get to choose the time of your bus, just the day (Wednesday or Thursday). you get allocated the bus time then next year.
    the times for Bristol last year on Wednesday were 7:00, 10:30, 14:30 IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

sebcity wrote: »
    Ok.
    Just thinking we could get a coach ticket and get a ferry to a city it is going from. We could just bring the stuff in the car and then transfer it to the coach....would save having to try get it on a plane!
    only issue is keeping the car somewhere in that city for 6 days...

only issue is keeping the car somewhere in that city for 6 days...

Yeah...could be risky

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

1st time trying on sunday.A bag of nerves is an understatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

stinkle wrote: »
    We did the coach package in 2014. Was grand, really well organised - we went from London. It's not a bad option for any non-UK people.

I'm gonna try...but not sure can I even go in 2015 so mixed emotions here!

Had a quick look yesterday and as far as I know if you book a coach ticket this evening you have to pay for the coach and the £50 ticket deposit.
    Then if you decide not to go you'll only get £40 of the deposit back and none of the coach.
    Just something to be wary of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I'm fairly sure I know the answer already but I'm hoping someone will confirm.

If I manage to get 2 tickets (for me and my friend) when they go on sale. If he decides he can't go, he can get refunded the £35 but I can still pay the balance of my ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

johnnykilo wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure I know the answer already but I'm hoping someone will confirm.

If I manage to get 2 tickets (for me and my friend) when they go on sale. If he decides he can't go, he can get refunded the £35 but I can still pay the balance of my ticket?

That's correct. You pay the balance on your ticket and do nothing with your friends and the refund for ONE ticket will issue.

It's very straightforward!!

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Chelon

"The Glastonbury Festival ticket booking site is currently processing the maximum possible number of transactions per second."

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭uponthegad

got one from bristol... keep trying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Chelon

Sold out now. Sunday so.

Advertisement