Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 richydunne1979

I had 2 laptops and phone on the go all on different networks. Got the tickets on the phone. Laptops never budged.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

I had 2 laptops and phone on the go all on different networks. Got the tickets on the phone. Laptops never budged.

I had two desktop machines, a tablet, and a phone on the go. Eight browser windows. Not a sausage.

Enjoy it, those who got tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JackMcA

refreshed like **** and got them no bother after 5 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Fugs!!

April is a bit late for us too. So instead we just bought tickets, hotel and flights to bbk festival in bilbao instead. Looking forward to that as much as glasto.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Toast

as in it give you an option to book another group as part of the one overall booking? didn't see anything like that.

if you mean to load the page again and go through the process a second time, then i don't see why not. to the system there would be no link to your first booking i'd imagine.

The second option. It used to be the case once you got in once you'd get in again and again because of whatever way they did the cookies. I think last year the window for you to book was made much smaller and the cookie expired after you made a booking. Curious if it was the same situation again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

ah right, i was only trying for one group so didn't try going through the process again so don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Eight of us going in my group. Managed to get 6 concert/bus tickets the other day and the last 2 today. Thank God. Had 6 people trying from 5 different locations.

I've said it on various other Glasto threads before: To those who didn't get through make sure you give the April resale a go, it's not nearly as impossible as you'd imagine. I've gotten resale tickets twice in the last few years.

Good luck to those who are retrying for tickets i April and congrats and enjoy to those who already got their tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Anyone get the email confirmation yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

stinkle wrote: »
    Anyone get the email confirmation yet?

Yea about 15 mins ago

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Chelon

Glasto neophyte here - what is the next milestone now? Assume it will be organising camping/accomm - I see campsite fee is included in ticket price which I didn't know.

Will there now be a mad rush to secure the best spots etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Chelon wrote: »
    Glasto neophyte here - what is the next milestone now? Assume it will be organising camping/accomm - I see campsite fee is included in ticket price which I didn't know.

Noooooooo I don't have a ticket! you're not allowed to discuss such things! ;) particularly today. Sob :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

JackMcA wrote: »
    refreshed like **** and got them no bother after 5 mins

Last year the page auto-refreshed like every 15 seconds or so. Seemed to be different this year the page even didn't finish loading to refresh.
    Was this the same with you? Were you refreshing before the page even loaded?

I refreshed manually as soon as page had loaded. 3 browsers so was like spinning plates - couldn't believe it when I got lucky at last.

Must be gutting to be entering your details then ge tthe Sold Out message

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I refreshed manually as soon as page had loaded. 3 browsers so was like spinning plates - couldn't believe it when I got lucky at last.

Must be gutting to be entering your details then ge tthe Sold Out message

Mate who got our tickets in the coach sale got the same thing but got in about 5-10 mins after it was sold out and secured our tickets. Obviously failed payment somewhere but happy days for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Toast

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Last year the page auto-refreshed like every 15 seconds or so. Seemed to be different this year the page even didn't finish loading to refresh.

Yeah would be curious to know this as the people who got my tickets mentioned they'd been hitting some sort of auto-refresh page before they got in. I never got this far which was a first this year. It felt like something was broken but as soon as it sold out all my pages went straight to the sell out page so not entirely sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Got mine about 9.20.

Have printed confirmation but no e-mail strangely! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Basq wrote: »
    Got mine about 9.20.

Have printed confirmation but no e-mail strangely! :confused:
    my email just arrived there, and I did think I might have card issues. It'll arrive, dontvstress. Got mine around the same time as you.

stinkle wrote: »
    my email just arrived there, and I did think I might have card issues. It'll arrive, dontvstress. Got mine around the same time as you.
    Yep, just got it too. Niiice!

Fatfrog wrote: »

well i have pretty fast internet so it took no time at all to load each time i refreshed.
    refreshed nearly every second until i got through

if i didnt get tickets i would have gone to Benicassim. Unbelieveable festival, highly recommend it to all

• Advertisement

Its nothing to do with speed or any of that guff. Its about luck and pinging into the queue at the right moment. Although I do think my lucky t shirt helped! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Sort out your accommodation, if needed, either side of the festival. Join in the guessing game of who will play/headline on efestivals.

The rush to secure the best spots will happen when you arrive, but tbh, there's no real consensus on where the best spot are.

For anyone going to Glastonbury for the first or even the 10th time this is one of the best guides ever! Enjoy! And read it again closer to the time to rack up the excitement.

http://www.glastoearth.com/the-faq

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Going to Glastonbury again! :D
    I'll stop now. Swears

Getting paranoid now - got the email so I'm sure all is well, but no sign on my credit card statement yet - the email said to ensure it's gone through within 24 hours. Anyone else the same?

Getting paranoid now - got the email so I'm sure all is well, but no sign on my credit card statement yet - the email said to ensure it's gone through within 24 hours. Anyone else the same?
    It would appear on debit cards quicker I'd imagine.. but since international customers had to use credit cards, I'd probably wait a bit longer.

No sign of it in my pending transactions either, but willing to wait a bit longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Mince Pie wrote: »
    For anyone going to Glastonbury for the first or even the 10th time this is one of the best guides ever! Enjoy! And read it again closer to the time to rack up the excitement.

http://www.glastoearth.com/the-faq

That's a really good link.
    I'm super excited

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

I was the same with the coach tickets, it took a little longer than 24 hours, but it showed up, don't worry about it, you will be fine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

credit card transactions for most things usually take a few days to be processed. no sign in mine yet either but wouldn't be too worried, with the email it's basically guaranteed.

can check on the seetickets site too with the booking confirmation reference number:
    https://www.seetickets.com/customerservice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Got in by the skin of my teeth at 9.25. Didn't get my confirmation email till 11.45 PM. Spent the whole of Sunday checking my phone every 10 minutes. It never feels real until I've got the email confirmation.

Hard luck though to everyone who didn't succeed. I missed out on tickets in 2009, 2010 and 2012, so I know the heartbreak only too well.

Advertisement