Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Fire TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,841 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

degsie wrote: »
    Anybody who bought into these systems should have known beforehand that Amazon does NOT support them officially in Ireland. No point complaining if they are not fully functional.

Hopefully some day that might change, but I wouldn't be holding my breath.

But they do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Seve OB wrote: »
    But they do now.

Do you mean Echo and FireTV? When did that change?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Guys I'm looking for some help please.

I want to run sky news on a fire stick in our reception, i can't get the app for it. All the news apps are videos rather than a live feed .

Any ideas please

• Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Stoner wrote: »

I want to run sky news on a fire stick in our reception, i can't get the app for it. All the news apps are videos rather than a live feed .

Any ideas please

Install Mobdro on it. Lots of videos on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Stoner wrote: »

Any ideas please

YouTube app. Sky news have a live feed on that.

• Advertisement

Keith186 wrote: »
    YouTube app. Sky news have a live feed on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

mrcheez wrote: »
    Install Mobdro on it. Lots of videos on youtube.
    I think their legal department might have something to say about running illegal streams in their reception!

Thargor wrote: »
    I think their legal department might have something to say about running illegal streams in their reception!

sky news is an illegal stream now?

On Mobdro it is yeah, same for RTE, BBC and all the rest on it.

hmmmm,

any link to prove that?

• Advertisement

Nope. RTE is freely available to stream, as are Sky News/BBC on freesat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Hey all,

Was thinking of cancelling my Prime subscription in the coming weeks. Just wondering if i can still use my Fire TV for Netflix etc without an Amazon Prime subscription?

Thanks

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Hey all,

Was thinking of cancelling my Prime subscription in the coming weeks. Just wondering if i can still use my Fire TV for Netflix etc without an Amazon Prime subscription?

Thanks

Yep.

mrcheez wrote: »
    Nope. RTE is freely available to stream, as are Sky News/BBC on freesat.
    Yes, straight from the providers with their permission, not the illegal streams from any other source.

Yes, straight from the providers with their permission, not the illegal streams from any other source.

Mobdro uses free public streams where available. Not all the streams are illegal.

Do you really think you can take a free stream and do what you like with it for your own profit? Sell your own ads on it, strip out the ads you would be forced to watch on the content providers pages and deny them that revenue? It's illegal, a SWAT team isn't going to kick your door in but it's still illegal. I don't see how anyone could argue that there isn't anything dodgy about the way Mobdro gets those channels.

hmmmm,

any link to prove that?

still waiting :rolleyes:

still waiting :rolleyes:

legal discussion is over there somewhere =========>

• Registered Users Posts: 31,968 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I was just wondering what controller would be best for games on amazon fire tv...will old PS2 controllers work?
    I am guessing 2 player games work fine?
    I am planning on setting up retroarch, I already have kodi installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 andydunleavy

Hey folks,

Any idea where I can my hands on a fire stick with Alexa Voice Remote in Ireland or the UK and shipped handy enough.

Thanks

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Doctor Shivering

Can you still get these anywhere in Ireland,especially now amazon is available here properly?
    In a physical shop?
    They're not on the currys site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Can you still get these anywhere in Ireland,especially now amazon is available here properly?
    In a physical shop?
    They're not on the currys site

Amazon is not here properly. Amazon Video is available in Ireland but not with full UK offering and therefore the Fire TV/Stick devices are not available to buy/ship to Ireland.

Only way to buy is through Parcel Motel or similar.

Cool ,can I put my UK amazon account into it straight away and it will work straight away?
    Can I put in an Irish Amazon account and with either is there any palava/mucking about to be done with post codes?
    Is there any difference in what's available between the U.K. one and the Irish,I can use either as family members have both

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Cool ,can I put my UK amazon account into it straight away and it will work straight away?
    Can I put in an Irish Amazon account and with either is there any palava/mucking about to be done with post codes?
    Is there any difference in what's available between the U.K. one and the Irish,I can use either as family members have both

Thanks

Most of the UK content is geo-blocked so won't work in the ROI (perhaps it will with a DNS proxy or VPN).

Your Irish account should not work in the Fire TV/Stick.

Massive difference in what's available in the UK and what's available in Ireland. Barely worth the €2.99 they are charging for over here.

That solves that so
    I have a proxy service that unlocks ITV hub,five player and BBC player so I presume that will work the U.K. Amazon account

Do I have to register the stick or just sign in? It's being dropped over tomorrow to me
    Cheers

I note that firetv stick 2nd gen is available for pre-order on uk and german websites. Supports h.265 natively and will allegedly have alexa voice capability on launch.

I got the fire tv instead,man I'm in gadget heaven with it
    Signed in with a uk prime account without a vpn or dns service and it works fine
    It shows a list of what you can view abroad when you have an Irish IP signed in as U.K. Prime

Love the interface,it's so slick
    Bluetooth remote means you can have the box in another room with the hdmi cabled into another and use the remote- very cool
    Voice assistant is mad :D
    Watching the new spy series patriot tonight,first episode is interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

I got the fire tv instead,man I'm in gadget heaven with it
    Signed in with a uk prime account without a vpn or dns service and it works fine
    It shows a list of what you can view abroad when you have an Irish IP signed in as U.K. Prime

Love the interface,it's so slick
    Bluetooth remote means you can have the box in another room with the hdmi cabled into another and use the remote- very cool
    Voice assistant is mad :D
    Watching the new spy series patriot tonight,first episode is interesting

Is the voice assistant working for you (alexa)? Doesn't work on my UK one but if set fire tv to usa it does

Advertisement