Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Fire TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Guys sorry for silly question. Have a mate in new york at the moment and coming home the weekend.
    I've asked him to bring home the new Firestick with Alexa voice.
    I'll want to put kodi on it.
    Do I need to register the firestick before I can do anything with it?
    If so can I use my Irish address or need a UK address?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

I only have the stick five days and I have a free prime trial too. Amazon Video has only been working on and off (mostly off).
    Getting error 5505 which is something to do with updating your home region, this is with the watch abroad content.
    I seem to have all US region content, American channels and shows and it's priced in dollars. Not supposed to be like that is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

degsie wrote: »
    Anybody with a prime subscription having problems playing prime movies on the fire tv? TV series work fine, but when I select 'Play with Prime' on a movie it just refreshes the screen and the 'play with prime or purchase' menu re-appears. Can someone check this out on theirs? Happens on both box and stick. Worked fine before.

I just used 'My Scientology Movie' as an example and it plays fine on a pc.

Had exact same issue.tried everything from deregister and reregister box to close Amazon video and wiping cache. Nothing worked and Amazon chat advised to do full factory reset.didn't want to as would have to reinstall kodi etc but did in end and works perfect now.with the Android app appa2firetv I had kodi installed in about 10 seconds this time so wasn't big issue.just glad all is working again :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Got my Fire Tv a couple of days ago.

Got it for mostly Grand Tour as i knew i could only watch the Amazon originals on it.

But every time i turn on the Fire Tv i get an error code 5505 and the only way to watch anything is to reset to factory settings and then input all my passwords and stuff again.

It has happened 3 times today already.

Edit: Everything is in dollars aswell

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Got my Fire Tv a couple of days ago.

Got it for mostly Grand Tour as i knew i could only watch the Amazon originals on it.

But every time i turn on the Fire Tv i get an error code 5505 and the only way to watch anything is to reset to factory settings and then input all my passwords and stuff again.

It has happened 3 times today already.

Edit: Everything is in dollars aswell

Amazon called me this morning about 20 mins after i sent them an email. All is fixed now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Amazon called me this morning about 20 mins after i sent them an email. All is fixed now.

I was onto Amazon and when I tried to change my account from Amazon.com to .co.uk it was looking for a UK credit card. Couldn't get past that part.
    Did you need any payment details?

I think Amazon.com support are going to contact me next to move my cloud account which I've never used.
    I think I set up an account with the same email on .com and .co.uk way back in the day which caused me issues before.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

irishchris wrote: »
    Had exact same issue.tried everything from deregister and reregister box to close Amazon video and wiping cache. Nothing worked and Amazon chat advised to do full factory reset.didn't want to as would have to reinstall kodi etc but did in end and works perfect now.with the Android app appa2firetv I had kodi installed in about 10 seconds this time so wasn't big issue.just glad all is working again :-)

Did a factory reset also and videos playing fine now. I backed up my kodi config first, so was handy to re-instate after the reset. Box and stick running smoothly :)

Keith186 wrote: »
    I was onto Amazon and when I tried to change my account from Amazon.com to .co.uk it was looking for a UK credit card. Couldn't get past that part.
    Did you need any payment details?

I think Amazon.com support are going to contact me next to move my cloud account which I've never used.
    I think I set up an account with the same email on .com and .co.uk way back in the day which caused me issues before.

I dont have any uk payment methods, the woman who rang me made some changes on her end, i then changed the account over from .com to .co.uk and then did a factory reset on the Fire Tv and it was fine.

The number that rang me on Sunday morning was a Dublin number.

Problem with playing Prime videos has returned :(. Not sure if it's to do with the proxy DNS provider. Anybody using SmartDNS with gen 1 firetv and prime video?

degsie wrote: »
    Problem with playing Prime videos has returned :(. Not sure if it's to do with the proxy DNS provider. Anybody using SmartDNS with gen 1 firetv and prime video?

I had the same issue again few weeks ago.quick reset and was app working five again. this is the newer generation fire tv though

• Advertisement

irishchris wrote: »
    I had the same issue again few weeks ago.quick reset and was app working five again. this is the newer generation fire tv though

Just to note, Amazon prime launched in Ireland today. https://www.joe.ie/movies-tv/netflix-rival-amazon-prime-has-arrived-in-ireland/570798

Anybody having problems getting iPlayer to work on firetv? Getting an error message about 'problem loading iPlayer' on both box and stick :(

Edit: must have been a glitch, all ok now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,644 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Anyone recommend the best skin to use on the Fire TV stick with Kodi/Exodus integration?

I tried Titan out which was good, but brought whole thing to a standstill.

mrcheez wrote: »
    Anyone recommend the best skin to use on the Fire TV stick with Kodi/Exodus integration?

I tried Titan out which was good, but brought whole thing to a standstill.

anyone? Or can you suggest a different forum to post in?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭muloc

anyone? Or can you suggest a different forum to post in?

I use tvaddons on both my fire tv and fire stick - no problems and runs smooth. Have tired others in the past such as the beast and they were sluggish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Zilog wrote: »
    Something has definitely changed.
    Oddly stopped working on Fire TV box (gen 1) but kept working on Fire TV stick.

For me a change of DNS provider, followed by reboot of modem, router, switch and Fire TV fixed it.

Who did you change over to unotelly support are giving me the run around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Zilog

Who did you change over to unotelly support are giving me the run around here.

Sent you PM, not sure if Boards like us talking about DNS providers.
    Cheers, Zilog.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Anybody running Mobdro on their Fire Stick? Does it run well? Can you select options with the remote without issue and everything?

Thargor wrote: »
    Anybody running Mobdro on their Fire Stick? Does it run well? Can you select options with the remote without issue and everything?

Yeah I run it. Runs as well as expected (don't expect HD TV or anything)

Yeah I run it. Runs as well as expected (don't expect HD TV or anything)

Good thanks for that. What about when it flashes up ads etc, is it easy to exit from them as well as make selections in the menus using only the Amazon remote?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

You can install a mouse app. It's slow but works fine.

Taltos wrote: »
    You can install a mouse app. It's slow but works fine.

But do you need it? And is the mouse app on your phone or on the Fire Stick?

Thargor wrote: »
    But do you need it? And is the mouse app on your phone or on the Fire Stick?

Exiting ads is simple using the remote. You still have to wait for the X to appear though.

I rarely see ads

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Exiting ads is simple using the remote. You still have to wait for the X to appear though.

I rarely see ads

I am finding this is not the case lately, there's an amazon ad that will not take the hint. It's impossible to hit the x with the standard remote. I have a Bluetooth remote with a mouse pad so that usually makes these things much easier but not on this amazon ad!

That said, there's a screen mirroring option on the firestick so if you have screen mirroring on your phone you can play any apps of your choosing on the phone and watch them via tv. Not ideal but workable.

You hit the "back" button immediately to get out of that Amazon ad. The ones with the counters are the ones you need to wait for before you hit the X.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭AidenL

i subscribe to Prime Video on the special offer and have two Fire TVs here, but i can't seem to watch Prime on there.

Last time I tried, it charged me £79.00 for full UK Prime, deliveries and all which don't work here.

Both are registered and showing in my account but i can't get my Irish Prime Video account linked.

Any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

AidenL wrote: »
    i subscribe to Prime Video on the special offer and have two Fire TVs here, but i can't seem to watch Prime on there.

Last time I tried, it charged me £79.00 for full UK Prime, deliveries and all which don't work here.

Both are registered and showing in my account but i can't get my Irish Prime Video account linked.

Any tips?

As far as I'm aware the video subscription open to us does not work on the Amazon Fire TV or Fire Sticks. You have to access it through an app on your phone or PC/laptop/tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭AidenL

SachaJ wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware the video subscription open to us does not work on the Amazon Fire TV or Fire Sticks. You have to access it through an app on your phone or PC/laptop/tablet.

Thanks.

Thats a bummer - it works on the app on the Living room tv anyway thankfully.

We do get short changed here ! I have an Echo too, and its seriously limited in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

SachaJ wrote: »

Lol, that's bloody stupid

• Advertisement

AidenL wrote: »

We do get short changed here ! I have an Echo too, and its seriously limited in Ireland.

Anybody who bought into these systems should have known beforehand that Amazon does NOT support them officially in Ireland. No point complaining if they are not fully functional.

Hopefully some day that might change, but I wouldn't be holding my breath.

Advertisement