Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Fire TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Blondzer

I've a UK prime account - Amazon video on the Amazon Fire tv is not working in Ireland. I contacted Amazon and they confirmed it doesnt and a can send it back. I'd prefer to keep it and get it working via a vpn/proxy if possible? Has anybody got the amazon video working with a fire tv in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,841 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Blondzer wrote: »
    I've a UK prime account - Amazon video on the Amazon Fire tv is not working in Ireland. I contacted Amazon and they confirmed it doesnt and a can send it back. I'd prefer to keep it and get it working via a vpn/proxy if possible? Has anybody got the amazon video working with a fire tv in Ireland.

Not Fire tv but I did have it working on a fire stick with no probs through a vpn

• Registered Users Posts: 9 neel2150

I have a 2nd Gen Fire TV(4K) and can't seem to get the UK content working. It used to work on my iPad, TV and phone, but since I got the Fire TV the UK content no longer works on any device. I spoke to Amazon and they have ensured that the Video Territory is set to the UK. It doesn't seem to work with a VPN or DNS either. The iPad definitely works with a VPN and DNS. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

neel2150 wrote: »
    I have a 2nd Gen Fire TV(4K) and can't seem to get the UK content working. It used to work on my iPad, TV and phone, but since I got the Fire TV the UK content no longer works on any device. I spoke to Amazon and they have ensured that the Video Territory is set to the UK. It doesn't seem to work with a VPN or DNS either. The iPad definitely works with a VPN and DNS. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Reread the post and can't figure if your iPad is working or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 neel2150

Hi Degsie, my iPad worked (UK Prime Video) until I registered the Fire TV, now it doesn't work unless I have a DNS or VPN. Can't get Prime Video to do the same on my Fire TV with or without a DNS or VPN.

• Advertisement

You appear to be saying that prior to firetv registration your ipad worked for uk content WITHOUT dns proxy or vpn. Are you living in ROI?

edit: You could try temporally deregistering your FireTV and see if you go back to original state.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,155 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Has anyone been able to get sky go working on a Fire TV?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to get sky go working on a Fire TV?

nope. think they have it blocked somehow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

What restriction are on these when used in Ireland ? I presume I can still put Kodi on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

threein99 wrote: »
    What restriction are on these when used in Ireland ? I presume I can still put Kodi on it

Yeah you can sideload Kodi. Google it and there's plenty of tutorials

• Advertisement

in fairness i'm a bit of a dinosaur and managed to get kodi on a fire stick

mind you, i never bother to use it at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Seve OB wrote: »
    in fairness i'm a bit of a dinosaur and managed to get kodi on a fire stick

mind you, i never bother to use it at all

I'd would primarily want it for Kodi and Showbox, I presume they work fine on it ?

I'd would primarily want it for Kodi and Showbox, I presume they work fine on it ?

What is showbox?

Kodi works fine.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,155 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

degsie wrote: »
    What is showbox?

Kodi works fine.

It's an illegal streaming app.

yea, well kodi did, showbox was a bit of a pain, but maybe that was just me

• Registered Users Posts: 31,968 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I thought showbox was pretty easy to setup....but exodus is still the best one around for me

gmisk wrote: »
    I thought showbox was pretty easy to setup....but exodus is still the best one around for me

Way to get a decent thread shut down :(

Way to get a decent thread shut down :(

Why?

I had exodus on kodi that worked OK.
    I had showbiz specific app, it was easy to install but awful to navigate.

Why?

Discussing illegal streaming. If you have been on boards long enough you should know this is a taboo subject.

Discussing illegal streaming. If you have been on boards long enough you should know this is a taboo subject.

I must have missed something there because as far as I can tell you are the first one to bring up illegal streaming. We were discussing apps. What you do with them is your own business. For what it's worth, personally I have no interest in illegal streaming.

I use my stick for Netflix and had prime on it for a while but wasn't interested in sticking with that. Sky go won't work on it which is a pain

• Advertisement

I must have missed something there because as far as I can tell you are the first one to bring up illegal streaming. We were discussing apps. What you do with them is your own business. For what it's worth, personally I have no interest in illegal streaming.

I use my stick for Netflix and had prime on it for a while but wasn't interested in sticking with that. Sky go won't work on it which is a pain

Nice attempt at deflection ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

If you are using Kodi, for completely legal and legitimate purposes of course, there's a security problem with the older builds and you have to upgrade to anything over 17 immediately or your stick can be hacked. It's even made the newspapers this week!

17 and above look fantastic too, so much nicer user experience. Looks like a pro entertainment centre. You won't be sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Anyone use a VPN on a Fire Tv? Tried installing the one I've been using (VPN Unlimited) but it didn't work (it also doesn't work on my tablet so guess it's just a rubbish one). Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Synode wrote: »
    Anyone use a VPN on a Fire Tv? Tried installing the one I've been using (VPN Unlimited) but it didn't work (it also doesn't work on my tablet so guess it's just a rubbish one). Any recommendations?

You can easily set up a DNS service to access geolocked content if that's what you wanted a VPN for.

Did getflix stop working on prime for anyone? Fired up the box this evening and the only stuff I can watch is the "watch while you're abroad" section.

Edit: Actually I'm pretty sure getflix isn't the issue. It seems all the content just wants me to buy or rent it now all of a sudden with no option to stream with prime, which is very odd.

Yeah, seems like they've cottoned on to smart dns services. Will have to cancel the sub for now. Oh well at least the box is still useful for Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah, seems like they've cottoned on to smart dns services. Will have to cancel the sub for now. Oh well at least the box is still useful for Netflix.

Can u not use Kodi / Exodus any longer? Still able to use it on the stick.

mrcheez wrote: »
    Can u not use Kodi / Exodus any longer? Still able to use it on the stick.

Yeah it's fine for iplayer/ITV/US Netflix etc. I just can't stream any of the amazon prime stuff. (I'm not talking about through a Kodi add on, just streaming directly)

I e-mailed Getflix about it and the said they were already aware of the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Weird I can get all the Amazon prime shows streaming on Exodus.

• Advertisement

mrcheez wrote: »
    Weird I can get all the Amazon prime shows streaming on Exodus.

I'll have a look at that later, I don't even know what exodus is tbh. I was streaming them through the main UI on the box without any issues up until Monday.

Advertisement