Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/jerry-fish-electric-sideshow-back

Nothing earth shattering but a few acts who might be worth a look.

The Sultans of Ping!

fnuk yes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

The Sultans of Ping!

fnuk yes!

I've always wanted to see Fight like Apes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Synode wrote: »
    I've always wanted to see Fight like Apes :)

Are ye startin, are ye?

Angry-monkey.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

I reckon Sultans of ping'll be great craic, seems like a good solid lineup. Am delira to see RSAG and O Emperor added I know they've played plenty before but they're top quality acts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Are ye startin, are ye?

Angry-monkey.jpg

Here, lend me your face will ya!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Tweedle Dee

Hi All

I'm going to Electric Picnic for the very first time this year.......was always working previous years! Just a quick question is there off-licences on site or would I be better off bringing cans with me? I just don't wanna weight myself down if I can buy down there. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

There is Heineken sold on site but it's €50 a slab IIRC?

Better off bringing in with you

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭morrissey1307

maximoose wrote: »
    There is Heineken sold on site but it's €50 a slab IIRC?

Better off bringing in with you

Are they doing the thing where you can get it reserved for you before you arrived? Asked a few pages back but no reply..

Be handier than carrying it all in with you

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Tweedle Dee

Is it only Heineken sold? Think I will bring my own that's mad pricey! Thanks a mill for letting me know :)

Only Heinken and Bulmers I think.
    Are they doing the thing where you can get it reserved for you before you arrived? Asked a few pages back but no reply

Most likely, don't see why not. It's usually announced 2 weeks or so in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭morrissey1307

maximoose wrote: »
    Only Heinken and Bulmers I think.

Most likely, don't see why not. It's usually announced 2 weeks or so in advance.

I think that'd be handier than carrying it in! If you think €50 for 24 beers then it's about €2 each, not much more than your local offie. And I bet the bars themselves will charge €5 / €6 for a pint..won't stop me buying one or two though ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

If you think €50 for 24 beers then it's about €2 each, not much more than your local offie.

€50 is a rip, Tesco were doing 24 cans for €26 last week....stocked up on a few myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Hi All

I'm going to Electric Picnic for the very first time this year.......was always working previous years! Just a quick question is there off-licences on site or would I be better off bringing cans with me? I just don't wanna weight myself down if I can buy down there. Thanks :)

Sure Stradbally is just outside the festival site with a Supervalu so you should be able to get reasonably priced booze in there rather than taking it in a long journey from wherever you are coming from.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭mgkelly

This is actually mighty! Last year, saw the Frank & Walters in the 'intimate surroundings' of his tent, as well as CrowBlackChicken & Brian Deady. It was excellent.
    This year is even more cool!
    Sultans of Ping - been waiting on seeing them for years!
    Mick Flannery - great voice for a stonemason!
    Frank & Walters again - mighty!
    RSAG - a brilliant sound, full of energy. Saw him in B & S area a couple of years ago, but will go to this.
    O Emperor - I hear reference to them a lot. Should be worth a see.

Mighty, this has strengthened the festival significantly for me!!

Martin
    :)

mgkelly wrote: »
    This is actually mighty! Last year, saw the Frank & Walters in the 'intimate surroundings' of his tent, as well as CrowBlackChicken & Brian Deady. It was excellent.
    This year is even more cool!
    Sultans of Ping - been waiting on seeing them for years!
    Mick Flannery - great voice for a stonemason!
    Frank & Walters again - mighty!
    RSAG - a brilliant sound, full of energy. Saw him in B & S area a couple of years ago, but will go to this.
    O Emperor - I hear reference to them a lot. Should be worth a see.

Mighty, this has strengthened the festival significantly for me!!

Martin
    :)

Ah, good times! I am left handed, so was standing over the other side, on the left side of the tent!

I am a little disappointed though that there seems to be no legendary reggae headliner for the Sunday afternoon, maybe EP will remedy that with the final mid August announcement.

Streaming 'Casual Sex in the Cineplex' whilst doing a bit of work!! Great - looking fwd to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Rave in the Woods announcement is very poor...disappointment :(

Will catch Paul Woolford though.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Hi Folks,

Wont feel it now! :)

Just wondering if anyone can help or possibly offer some advice on what is a pretty much unanswerable question :-/

Last year was my first EP experience and I adored it - however, I didn't camp. I was spoiled by the fact my friend had booked a cottage a few miles away.
    Anyway - this year I AM camping for the weekend.
    I've been nosing on here for advice from the veterans on camp sites/ what to bring etc and its been really helpful (thank you!).

Here's the thing - its just myself and my husband heading this year. He has a work commitment that he cant get out of on the Friday night so we'll head up Friday morning, get pitched and set up etc but then he'll have to leave in the afternoon and wont be back until Saturday morning.

Am I really, really stupid to camp on my own? I thought it would be grand until my hairdresser started telling me horror stories of camping at Oxygen years ago/ I started reading on here about the odd unfortunate event in the camp sites and I've suddenly became quite nervous and am wondering if I've been really naive - would appreciate thoughts from those of you who are more experienced in the camping areas..

You will be fine,i've been the last 8 years and never had an ounce of trouble. we normally arrive down around 4or 5 so end up beside a lot of 30 somethings like ourselves who have took the half day and are normally acting their age

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I really want to see Hopkins in a tent! In saying this it must be really difficult to gauge how much of a crowd he'll pull! Glastonbury and the UK in general is a very different crowd, they tend to embrace the likes of Disclosure or Hopkins more so than here, possibly because this is stuff is common place on BBC radio 1, can't say the same for today/2fm.
    If Hopkins plays the late slot Saturday night, where does that leave underworld? Personally I don't think they're headliners?

Underworld have 3 songs,never a headliner

declanleo wrote: »
    Underworld have 3 songs,never a headliner

3 songs? Ok they might have three hits but they have a back catalogue of 8 albums to choose from, album tracks can be good too and Underworld do a pretty neat show having caught them twice at the Picnic before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭6541

So I guess its no bottles ? is there a limit on Cans ? Thanks guys, great thread, we should all meet up for a beer in one of the overpriced tents !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

6541 wrote: »
    So I guess its no bottles ? is there a limit on Cans ? Thanks guys, great thread, we should all meet up for a beer in one of the overpriced tents !!!

Think 2 slabs each. Not sure if that's enforced though. Fair play if you can carry more than 2 slabs in through the car park :D

Can we set up a mini bargain alert for beer deals? Anyone know of a shop doing slabs for cheap? I'll be looking at getting Bavaria again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

6541 wrote: »

I think I remember the limits on cans was like 40 or 50 per a person :pac::pac: I'd say should be grand

Everyone walking around shouting their usernames haha

2 slabs each sounds right. I always bring one in on the Friday, leave one in the car and get it Sat afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

This time 4 weeks......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Better actually sort out a tent so, what sort of thing should I be looking for and what kind of price? want to stay away from the ones on offer/ easily available so I don't have the same tent as everyone else. had that happen 2 years ago where every tent you looked at was the same one and it was impossible to find the one I was staying in!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Better actually sort out a tent so, what sort of thing should I be looking for and what kind of price? want to stay away from the ones on offer/ easily available so I don't have the same tent as everyone else. had that happen 2 years ago where every tent you looked at was the same one and it was impossible to find the one I was staying in!

Get a can of paint and spray "Bio hazard" on it or something. Might keep the scrotes away from it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RastaRed

Hi Guys

First year at EP, couple of drink related questions:

My mrs only drinks vodka, obviously no glass bottles allowed in, would we get away with putting it in a plastic bottle, would it be taken off us?

Is it only at the arena entrance that you are not allowed to bring your own drink in, trenchtown, b&s, salty dog etc you can drink your own?

Is it ok to drink your own after the main bars close in all arenas?

Is there any craft beers on sale?

How strict is the security searches over the weekend?

Thanks

Advertisement