Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

Spirits are allowed, glass is not. Plastic bottles will be fine!

Trenchtown/Salty Dog/ RBMA you can bring your own. B&S you have to go through the main arena to get to unfortunately so can't do it there.

You're allowed to bring cans in after a certain time, can't remember what it is but it ties in with when the bars close yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

RastaRed wrote: »
    My mrs only drinks vodka, obviously no glass bottles allowed in, would we get away with putting it in a plastic bottle, would it be taken off us?

Transfer the vodka to a plastic bottle. They provide empty plastic bottles on the way in but you could do it yourself at home too.
    Is it only at the arena entrance that you are not allowed to bring your own drink in, trenchtown, b&s, salty dog etc you can drink your own?

Correct.
    Is it ok to drink your own after the main bars close in all arenas?

Correct
    Is there any craft beers on sale?

As it's Heineken, they have Tiger beer but this year they might also sell Cure Hoor. There is an Erdinger tent in the Arena if you fancy that.
    How strict is the security searches over the weekend?

Depends on who's searching you to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

The searches are definitely luck of the draw. Went in twice last year with a flask in my sock and breezed through. The next couple of times I got patted down including my ankles, luckily I didn't have it on me then. I always reckon take the chance if you don't mind losing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

declanleo wrote: »
    Underworld have 3 songs,never a headliner

Underworld will be on the main stage headlining one of the nights. Its their dubnobasswithmyheadman tour.

Recent setlist from the Hollywood bowl.

Mmm... Skyscraper, I Love You
    Spoonman
    Rez
    Jumbo
    Pearl's Girl
    Dirty Epic
    Cowgirl
    Scribble
    Two Months Off
    Spikee
    Born Slippy .NUXX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Hi Guys

First year at EP, couple of drink related questions:

My mrs only drinks vodka, obviously no glass bottles allowed in, would we get away with putting it in a plastic bottle, would it be taken off us?

Is it only at the arena entrance that you are not allowed to bring your own drink in, trenchtown, b&s, salty dog etc you can drink your own?

Thanks

Hipflask down the jocks has never failed me :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,299 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

threein99 wrote: »

Also ensures no one wants a sip of your drink :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Fill ziplock bags full of vodka, hide it where people won't search. Make sure you double or triple bag the vodka though.

Buy a mixer inside.

Another way is if you can get those plastic mini bottles of vodka and stick it in yer wellys etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

threein99 wrote: »

Ah yes, the good old crotch martini, vigorously shaken but only occasionally stirred

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

As it's Heineken, they have Tiger beer but this year they might also sell Cure Hoor. There is an Erdinger tent in the Arena if you fancy that.

Had a few Cute Hoors the other night, it's not bad. One of the better attempts at "craft beer" from the big breweries.

Snarky Snark Snark

Hi Guys

1 - My mrs only drinks vodka, obviously no glass bottles allowed in, would we get away with putting it in a plastic bottle, would it be taken off us?

2 - Is it only at the arena entrance that you are not allowed to bring your own drink in, trenchtown, b&s, salty dog etc you can drink your own?

3 - Is it ok to drink your own after the main bars close in all arenas?

4 - Is there any craft beers on sale?

5 - How strict is the security searches over the weekend?

Thanks

1 - plastic bottle fine, try and keep it small though, maybe 500ml ?

2/3 - yes and yes but there was a 2 or 3 can limit post bar closing for the main arena

4 - there was a craft beer thing there last year, was exceedingly busy all weekend, didn't have a massive selection but anything was better than the swill at the main bars

5 - if you're worrying about searches, then don't try to beat them

hth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭morrissey1307

Better actually sort out a tent so, what sort of thing should I be looking for and what kind of price? want to stay away from the ones on offer/ easily available so I don't have the same tent as everyone else. had that happen 2 years ago where every tent you looked at was the same one and it was impossible to find the one I was staying in!

Hydrostatic head is the main thing you want to look for. Anything that's 1500 - 2000+ is a a go-er. Anything lower than that and it'll be like tissue if it rains! It's good to have a double skin too for airflow and heat purposes. A porch at the front is perfect for wet boots or whatever too

In terms of standing out, that'd be tricky considering people will go for the best value tents and there'll be an abundance of them around. Could always try some sort of marker or flag or something to put at your own so you can find it! The more expensive tents tend to be more recognisable and different shapes from the normal tunnel / dome jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

No sign on the site of any quiet camping area like they used to have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

lbj666 wrote: »
    Fill ziplock bags full of vodka, hide it where people won't search. Make sure you double or triple bag the vodka though.

Buy a mixer inside.

Another way is if you can get those plastic mini bottles of vodka and stick it in yer wellys etc.

Underlined for importance ;)

Snarky Snark Snark

Hydrostatic head is the main thing you want to look for.

Always thought that sounded like a high tech blow job

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

Hi Guys

Thanks

On the vodka in plastic bottles, maybe im a bit of a lunatic but spirits break down plastic and that cannot be good. I tend to shove the glass in the bottom of my bag - never been found - if you grimace at the entrance they wont make you put the bag down (usually). Or this year I'm going with dealz 500ml metal flasks €1.49

Snarky Snark Snark

dublinjen wrote: »
    On the vodka in plastic bottles, maybe im a bit of a lunatic but spirits break down plastic and that cannot be good. I tend to shove the glass in the bottom of my bag - never been found - if you grimace at the entrance they wont make you put the bag down (usually). Or this year I'm going with dealz 500ml metal flasks €1.49

It would be fine for the two days it's going to be in there unless you're planning on drinking meths.

I do use a metal flask for my whiskey though. Bushmills from plastic is not quite right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Dont add coke to your whiskey in your hip flask. I made that mistake a few years ago.
    Left me with sticky shorts :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

For the Vodka, get one of the 1 Liter plastic bottle of Smirnoff if you know someone going to Spain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

It's usually quite fun sneaking stuff in and when you and your mates meat up after you sneak it in it's like you've just broken into Fort Knox

It's luck of the draw regarding searches. Look for the least involved or bothered person searching and always try for the opposite sex. Avoid those Hardcore female searcher folk that you sometimes see!

2 hip flasks for me down the wellies, in the socks, in the jocks or in a hat and bring a funnel for easy decanting at the campsite then just buy a mixer in there. It involves less peeing and you can sip away watching the shows as your mates who have been drinking beer go for a whiz every 20 mins... beers usually drunk over the early hours of the morning for me

These types of squishy bottles are also useful

KYAKyR4.png

They can be bought for a euro or so in a few places and the clip is also useful!

You can bring the cans in when the bars close around half 10 or 11

I also can't remember if the vendors take the caps off the soft drinks so bring a spare bottlecap :pac:

Cute Hoor will be the best bet for "craft beer" and will prob be 50c or 1€ more than the other trollop!

Also, don't get the booze out to soon after the searches, there's sometimes sneaky lads waiting for people to do it but it's usually ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Hi Guys

Thanks

There was a "Beer Frontier" last year which had a Mystery Beer thing which was just Rising Road (now Cute Hoor) and it had like Paulaner, Caledonian, Deuchars, Murphys Irish Red, Krusowice, Birra Morreti and Affligem. Probably a few others, all heineken imports. Hardly craft but it was a better choice than Heineken/Tiger. It was fairly busy but it had a fair few decent DJs playing it over the weekend.

I assume the bars will be open late again this year? Hopefully they'll still let us bring cans in after 10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Every year the terms and conditions say sealed bottles of water are allowed! And every year without fail they stewards will not allow sealed or any containers in!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

print out the page and show it to them and ask to speak to a manager if no dice. they'll probably just think it isn't worth the hassle and allow you through without calling a supervisor.

i see on the RBMA section of the lineup on the EP website it has "Red Bull Disco Brunch" with the Genteman's Academy. i know GA run something similar in Dublin every month, so presumably this will be DJs playing at the RBMA around midday. a few cans at that would be a better option than sitting around the tents for the first few hours of the day imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

After wishing the summer months away wanting it to be EP time, it's finally hit home how close it actually is now, excitement starting to build!! :)

Really looking forward to Tame Impala!! Addicted to this!

http://youtu.be/dPjVlkcai78

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

i see on the RBMA section of the lineup on the EP website it has "Red Bull Disco Brunch" with the Genteman's Academy. i know GA run something similar in Dublin every month, so presumably this will be DJs playing at the RBMA around midday. a few cans at that would be a better option than sitting around the tents for the first few hours of the day imo.

Sounds ideal. Their Sunday Brunch parties are brilliant so that would be an ideal way to start the day. Although let's see how I'm / We're feeling when I get there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

It's actually only on the Sunday....
    On the last day of Electric Picnic, the Red Bull Music Academy will partner with The Gentlemen's Academy and host the Red Bull Disco Brunch. Disco dancing, fine dining and delicious cocktails are the key ingredients. All served with a healthy side of D.I.S.C.O. The key ingredient is YOU so join us for some delectable daytime disco dancing fun between 12.00 and 4.00pm on Sunday, 6th September 2015. Further details will be announced in the coming weeks.​

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This thread has gone quiet, OK I'll break the silence Electric Picnic is like an electronic omelette from outer space :pac::D:pac::D:pac::D.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

because of all the yokes?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

because of all the yokes?

I never thought of that, hmmm interesting. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

SmallBalls wrote: »
    It's actually only on the Sunday....
    that's a bit disappointing.
    i really don't see the point in the RBMA only opening at 10pm each night. you could have Irish DJs, even competition winners, down there from midday playing and the bar open and you'd get a decent amount of people coming through rather than sitting at their tent until 4pm. i know most would be drinking their own drink, but they'd still sell plenty of cold spirits/cocktails.

Advertisement