Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Electric Picnic is the sold out event of the summer, and guess what? Three have have the last 50 VIP tickets available for sale exclusively to 3Plus customers. Weekend VIP tickets go on sale this Friday at 9am,with 3Plus. For your code text EP to 51020

As well as access to the VIP campsite, your weekend ticket will also give you access to the Electric Picnic VIP area, with eclectic food options, a full bar and posh loos.

3Plus customers can look forward to having fast track charging at our 3Plus charging stations, and access to the very cool, Maser-inspired 3Penthouse. With a garden, kitchen, living room, garage and balcony, 3Penthouse will host events like yoga, DJ sets and more to be announced, all through 3Plus. Stay tuned to facebook.ie/3Ireland or @threeireland for the latest news.

Is what the 3plus website says.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Well its not that much over the odds - my early bird ticket plus weekend pink moon camping comes to approx. €245 - so whatever VIP nonsense they are throwing in, is prob going to bring it up to €300

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

BananaR wrote: »
    Well its not that much over the odds - my early bird ticket plus weekend pink moon camping comes to approx. €245 - so whatever VIP nonsense they are throwing in, is prob going to bring it up to €300

I got my ticket for €160 which I thought was the cheapest. Did you get pink moon for €85? Are you with someone and splitting €170?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Isn't it something like 60 dollaredoos extra for a VIP add on thing, or there is a charity donation involved?

Bit sketchy on the details but afaik, VIP get's you into the picnic area with some actual toilets, FREE TOILET PAPER, a bar/chillout area and foodables

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

frantic190 wrote: »
    Is what the 3plus website says.

That sounds fairly good , fresh toilets and phone charging very appealing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

BananaR wrote: »

Pink moons cheapest offering was about 170 by itself.

Synode wrote: »
    I got my ticket for €160 which I thought was the cheapest. Did you get pink moon for €85? Are you with someone and splitting €170?

Yes , sharing a 4 man tent - sorry I was pulling very approx. figures out of my head there - you're prob right with €160 as I always forget about fees. The Pink Moon is def 95 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Only thing is don't go too close to the security scaffolds as they have generators runnidng an make quite a bit of noise. definitely no messing goes on near them though they've got big spotlights.

Tell that to my large tent that had two laddos/scumbags/"yerra sher we're jusht having a laff"s run into it as a dare (i heard them outside and they bolted). Bent the metal beyond repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I think Jon Hopkins would be a great main stage closer for Saturday night judging by his Park stage performance at Glastonbury, you'd think with EP announcing on December last year they would try and get stage splits out sooner than the days of old and the stage times at least a week and a half before the festival. They would still sell out of the lanyards anyway as people will buy them as part of the memento package along with the festival programme.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭mgkelly

Agree. It is a wee bit frustrating not out sooner.
    Maybe we are being unfair to them & it is very complex?!
    Anybody know?

Martin:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

lanyards

So that's what they're called. I've always known then as 'neck thingys'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

So EP are introducing these pallet pods as part of Boutique camping in the Trailer Park, I don't know about you's but that looks as dodgy as hell and probably will cost the price of an EP ticket to stay in for each night, will stick to my three man dome tent thank you very much.

11796402_10153513618029168_6292783167982103895_n.jpg?oh=6b7990da8df36b9b48b4b3b86c0a9acb&oe=563632C1

My mate played in trailer park before, they got to camp in a small camp site behind the trailer park stage, I assume this is where the pods will be?
    He said it was a disaster for noise and barely got any sleep (mind you this guy really likes to party) Its surrounded by stages, trailer park, body and soul/'s, salty dog and other voices. There's allot of sound checks early on & once the acts get going that's it!
    He ended up having a kip in my tent in Hendrix.

Synode wrote: »
    So that's what they're called. I've always known then as 'neck thingys'

If they don't take the piss with the price I don't mind buying one, quite useful! (although they're free at Glastonbury)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Canneverfindit

I think they were a fiver last year? (the lanyards/ neck thingys)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

Fatfrog wrote: »
    If they don't take the piss with the price I don't mind buying one, quite useful! (although they're free at Glastonbury)

Wow, that's surprising. I'd have presumed the Glastonbury ones would be like argos catalogues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Rob094 wrote: »
    Wow, that's surprising. I'd have presumed the Glastonbury ones would be like argos catalogues.
    the neck lanyards only have some of the stages.
    you also get a 50 page A4 booklet thing with it when you go through the gates which has (almost) all the stages and descriptions.
    there are still some small "spaces" which would have have acts playing which aren't anywhere official AFAIK.

I think Jon Hopkins would be a great main stage closer for Saturday night judging by his Park stage performance at Glastonbury, you'd think with EP announcing on December last year they would try and get stage splits out sooner than the days of old and the stage times at least a week and a half before the festival. They would still sell out of the lanyards anyway as people will buy them as part of the memento package along with the festival programme.

I really want to see Hopkins in a tent! In saying this it must be really difficult to gauge how much of a crowd he'll pull! Glastonbury and the UK in general is a very different crowd, they tend to embrace the likes of Disclosure or Hopkins more so than here, possibly because this is stuff is common place on BBC radio 1, can't say the same for today/2fm.
    If Hopkins plays the late slot Saturday night, where does that leave underworld? Personally I don't think they're headliners?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

I think they were a fiver last year? (the lanyards/ neck thingys)

I thought they were a tenner? or €15 with the programme

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭morrissey1307

Does anyone know what the deal is with getting your beers reserved or whatever? I know Heineken did it and you could pay before and they'd hold them for collection from the bars or whatever. Not sure how that system works but are they still doing that? Cheers (no pun intended)

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭mgkelly

Me too. Surprised they were free!
    Bit narked that the EP ones cost moolah (or yo-yos, in modern parlance, kids!), but I suppose they have to be funded!
    I think they may have been E10 previously, but could be wrong.

Martin
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

One girl got a bit mad last year when I wanted to take a picture of the pages! They should have large A0 or bigger sized versions printed and just let people take pictures of it with their phone. It's not right that the stage times aren't released properly beforehand and then you have to pay 10 euro to see them. Yes they want to make a bit of money but I've already paid to see all the bands!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

I really want to see Hopkins in a tent! In saying this it must be really difficult to gauge how much of a crowd he'll pull! Glastonbury and the UK in general is a very different crowd, they tend to embrace the likes of Disclosure or Hopkins more so than here, possibly because this is stuff is common place on BBC radio 1, can't say the same for today/2fm.
    If Hopkins plays the late slot Saturday night, where does that leave underworld? Personally I don't think they're headliners?

He is prime candidate for electric arena , they should know from the crowds at his two sets at body and soul festival that the other tents would be too small.

Underworld are very likely to get that main stage slot on saturday, they are the only widely recognizable dance act on the line up. There was none last year so they put chic on at that time and had a bit of a party.

Hopkins stuff would just get lost there and as you say he isn't main stage big and doesn't have the av show to pull it off either.

The fear is they have a really dumb clash with him and underworld late on Saturday night. Past few years have shown that if dance acts are on main stage and EA at the same time late on saturday night, crowds in the EA turn out to be really poor, see Tiga vs Disclosure and Squarepusher vs Orbital.

Best thing probably is Hopkins gets 10.30-11pm slot in Electric Arena either friday or saturday night , with something totally different on elsewhere. Might be too early for some but i suppose you just have to get ahem "ready" for him a bit earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Ok. Oscar Wilde? brilliant. I reckon I'll go with that.
    Hendrix sounds a little scary ;)

The Wilde v Hendrix debate comes up every 30 pages or so on the forum, there is no definitive answer. I've been in Hendrix every year bar my first (I was in Wilde) and have never had any trouble.

The essentials have been covered and I'd reiterate the tree one. Piss central by Friday afternoon - let alone Monday morning!!!

You'll be fine, though. It's just a matter of picking somewhere you can get back to on your own, whether thats Hendrix or Wilde won't really make a difference trouble-wise I'd say. In fact, there were two groups of us at EP last year and the crowd camping in Wilde had their foldable chairs stolen, us in Hendrix had no issue.

It's all about luck at the end of the day! I'd say if you're worried about the first night, just keep what you'll need for the night on you and give the rest to the husband (money, cigs, etc.) and just gauge your neighbours too. They might be very friendly.

I have to say I can't wait now. It only struck me today how soon it is!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Also, does anyone reckon Hot Chip could do the last act on a Saturday slot? Always put on a great party and have quite a sizable fan base now? Just if they are going to do something slightly different.

I tend to bugger off at that point to B&S as Underworld/Disclosure, etc isnt my thing but the crowd there for Chic last year was huge so no guarantee they'll return to the dance act is there? Especially if John Hopkins was on somewhere and Despacio doing their thing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Never underestimate the pull of Jon Hopkins, Midnight Circus was wedged at Body & Soul in 2014.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Never underestimate the pull of Jon Hopkins, Midnight Circus was wedged at Body & Soul in 2014.

Ah Man - I want to be there NOW!

Trust me he's no.1 on my to see list!! It's hard to gauge what others will do though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Toast wrote: »
    Supporting people who charge that sort of markup by paying their prices will ensure it continues to happen.

ah i know, i really want to go though and family camping are so scarce, didnt have a choice, not going would kill me and my daughter!

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭askU

MindField Stage lineup revealed for Electric Picnic includes Lisa Hannigan, Al Porter and more

http://entertainment.ie/music/news/MindField-Stage-lineup-revealed-for-Electric-Picnic-includes-Lisa-Hannigan-Al-Porter-and-more/368552.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

One girl got a bit mad last year when I wanted to take a picture of the pages! They should have large A0 or bigger sized versions printed and just let people take pictures of it with their phone. It's not right that the stage times aren't released properly beforehand and then you have to pay 10 euro to see them. Yes they want to make a bit of money but I've already paid to see all the bands!

It's a separate company who sells them, same crowd who run the merch stands etc.

Advertisement