Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

PadraigOK wrote: »
    I've seen Underworld at the Picnic before and it was a little underwhelming, granted it was at dusk and darkness hadn't descended to make the most of their light show so I'd wanna give it another go. The late night slot is surely theirs.
    Rfrip wrote: »
    Seen them a few times over the years and twice at EP. Main stage and electric arena. Much better suited to electric arena so hope they are not on main stage this year

I've also seen them in Electric Arena and it was bloody great, however I feel they are probably billed as a headliner this time so I think they will be on Main Stage late on Saturday night, probably won't be as intense as in a tent unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Ho99o9 sound like they should be a good Body and Soul act,potential to be this years Young Fathers. Although they're leaning a bit more towards Death Grips/early Beastie Boys hardcore punk kind of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Ho99o9 sound like they should be a good Body and Soul act,potential to be this years Young Fathers. Although they're leaning a bit more towards Death Grips/early Beastie Boys hardcore punk kind of stuff.

OH thanks for sharing. That sounds right up my street. Gonna give them a listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Not sure if it interests anyone but for those who like a bit of comfort you can book the killeshin in portlaoise on hotels.com or direct for next year with free cancellation. Working out at €277 for 3 nights , will shoot up in price once the dates are confirmed. Best bet is to book the last weekend in august and the first one in september...enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

It was.:)
    Think there's any chance of the Provos making an appearance at EP?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Ruxjit wrote: »

Can this be accessed directly from the main area? Or is it from the camping area?

Synode wrote: »
    Can this be accessed directly from the main area? Or is it from the camping area?

in previous years no, you had to join the rest of the punters into the arena at the entrance just by the Salty Dog stage. However I believe this year they are merging the boutique camping with Pink Moon so perhaps both sites will merit their own dedicated entrance to the arena (I hope so anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

From the bargains forum:
    delahuntv wrote: »
    Just in case anyone needs camping equipment for Independence Festival this weekend. (you may need extreme gear for Sunday looking at the weather!!) Homestore offers for August are out - code below if you are buying today.

This August we have ALL Tents & Camping Equipment , ALL Pet Beds, Treats & Toys, and ALL Large Plastic Storage at half price!

All offers will only become publicly available on Saturday 01/08/2015 and will not be advertised on our website until that date. However, you can browse our range of promotional products now by clicking on the links above. From Wednesday 29th June, you can use your exclusive code to avail of great savings in stores.

Your exclusive code: 062943.

EDIT: Link

I'm going to get a couple of folding chairs anyway. Quality of tents and sleeping bags won't be the best but might do the job for a weekend.

in previous years no, you had to join the rest of the punters into the arena at the entrance just by the Salty Dog stage. However I believe this year they are merging the boutique camping with Pink Moon so perhaps both sites will merit their own dedicated entrance to the arena (I hope so anyway).

But is the VIP an area inside the boutique camping or an area inside the main arena? Or is this the first years they've started the VIP add on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

And this is the most frustrating thing about that pink moon area. About 5 years ago that area doubled up as boutique also. It was awful. I was in there then and was right behind Electric Arena, but had to walk about 15 minutes to get into that tent. It was rubbish. Never again. It really was not worth the hassle in that spot (YMMV).

If there was a dedicated entrance it would be perfect. I would expect that entrance will close for the late night when the main arena is closed off, so you would have to go around by the Salty Dog. I doubt if they will open up a separate entrance there... probably health and safety reasons (or more likely extra security costs).

/end rant

• Advertisement

But is the VIP an area inside the boutique camping or an area inside the main arena? Or is this the first years they've started the VIP add on

VIP area is to the right of the main stage as you face it. It is nice in there, with a proper bar and proper toilets and that viewing platform. Used to be that you get a VIP wristband with your boutique camping band. Those days are long gone and now its a 60 quid upgrade. In my opinion it is not worth that.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

stayed at Pink Moon last year, the two man tent was huge and we were in a good spot. However the toilets were gross, not cleaned enough at all. I found them to be cleaner in the main arena. The showers were great though. I used them at night so no queue at all. Also you can't choose your tent so you could be down the very far end of the site or else right next to the walkway which wouldn't be ideal.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

11060313_10153511004964168_4234235274756952021_n.jpg?oh=4ce6ff4f112fff60dd369b69b0f56e9b&oe=5658FF5C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Every year they announce the bandits and some decent comedian like David o Doherty and every year Im convinced ill go see them and every year they're on the same time as someone bloody unmissable.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Every year they announce the bandits and some decent comedian like David o Doherty and every year Im convinced ill go see them and every year they're on the same time as someone bloody unmissable.

If I couldn't tear myself away from the music for Dylan Moran 2 years ago I'll never manage to visit the comedy tent :o

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

How much were the sunday tickets at face value ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

the comedy tent is always great, david o doherty was great the last time I saw him and foil arms and hog are unmissable, last two years they've been great I'd say the poor lad who was heckling them last year/year before is still in the burns unit from the unreal putdown. would be great if there was a video of that.

I've seen the rubberbandits id say 10 times now and they're always good.

Andrew stanley doing mc again, he was quite good in 2013 at it.

seems a little bit of a light comedy lineup? i'll be hopping out of there no matter what, for adam 'i've only got one leg' hills. also des bishop wouldn't be my idea of a headliner in the slightest

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I wish a bit more effort was put into the comedy line up like their music line up, get some international comedians, Stu Who, Jerry Sadowitz, Kevin Bridges, Stuart Lee, Ross Noble, Louis C.K etc.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

jadie wrote: »
    stayed at Pink Moon last year, the two man tent was huge and we were in a good spot. However the toilets were gross, not cleaned enough at all. I found them to be cleaner in the main arena. The showers were great though. I used them at night so no queue at all. Also you can't choose your tent so you could be down the very far end of the site or else right next to the walkway which wouldn't be ideal.

Showering at EP.... ha

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Had my first shower at a festival last EP on the Sunday morning, don't know why the hell I didn't start before - bloody brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

Seriously getting excited about this! Only a few weeks to go now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Paddy2012

I wish a bit more effort was put into the comedy line up like their music line up, get some international comedians, Stu Who, Jerry Sadowitz, Kevin Bridges, Stuart Lee, Ross Noble, Louis C.K etc.

Louis CK sells out madison square garden these days and Kevin Bridges is touring arenas so I doubt either will every do a music festival but a more international comedy line up similar to what Latitude has this year would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

VIP area is to the right of the main stage as you face it. It is nice in there, with a proper bar and proper toilets and that viewing platform. Used to be that you get a VIP wristband with your boutique camping band. Those days are long gone and now its a 60 quid upgrade. In my opinion it is not worth that.

My understanding of it is that boutique camping wristband still gets you in VIP area this year. The €60 extra is an upgrade for pink moon customers only.

I'd agree that it probably isn't worth it.

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    My understanding of it is that boutique camping wristband still gets you in VIP area this year. The €60 extra is an upgrade for pink moon customers only.

I thought Pink Moon was just one of the providers in the Boutique camping, along with many others?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

I thought Pink Moon was just one of the providers in the Boutique camping, along with many others?

Last few years they have been separate. Pink Moon is up behind Electric Arena & Boutique is near Hendrix. Check the map that was posted there in the last couple of days.

There is a bit of talk this year that they'll be combining them somewhat. I read that there'll be bars & food stalls in between that will be shared by both.

The Boutique options were advertising on their sites that VIP is included. The Facebook post about the upgrade specifically stated it was for Pink Moon customers.

I never noticed that

Last couple of times I used boutique camping (2012 & 2013) there was no inclusion of VIP bands and you could not get access to that area with the boutique band.

The Boutique options were advertising on their sites that VIP is included. The Facebook post about the upgrade specifically stated it was for Pink Moon customers.

I stand corrected. VIP passes are included in boutique this year. I see that on their sites now. I think all those options are sold out at this stage.

Whenever I used the boutique it was a case of turn up and ask for the VIP and some years it was included, some years not. It was down to EP organisers as to whether VIP was included and it was hit and miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Got a text to say last 50 EP VIP tickets go on sale on Friday

Anyone know

How much are they?

What makes them VIP?

From three plus by the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Yeah just got it there too

I do be curious myself as to what the jazz is with them

"Vip" gets you access to the picnic garden prob

Advertisement