Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

PadraigOK wrote: »
    I put together this list (by no means complete), take with a huge pinch of salt (as acts generally stick down the first day of the festival), but a few of those acts are nailed on for that particular day.

Florence - Fri
    Underworld - Fri
    Chvrches - Fri
    Battles - Fri
    Girl Band - Fri

Blur - Sat
    Roisin Murphy - Sat
    George Ezra - Sat
    Low - Sat
    Printer Clips - Sat
    Alvvays - Sat

Interpol - Sun
    Manics - Sun
    Tame Impala - Sun
    Paul Kalkbrenner - Sun
    J5 - Sun
    MK - Sun
    Gavin James - Sun
    Viet Cong - Sun
    Pond - Sun
    Metz - Sun

The War On Drugs - Fri/Sat
    Future Islands - Fri/Sat
    Mac De Marco - Fri/Sat
    My Morning Jacket - Fri/Sun
    Django Django - Sat/Sun
    Parquet Courts - Sat/Sun

Christ... I'm going to be in a hoop on Monday with that lineup Sun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

I put together this list (by no means complete), take with a huge pinch of salt (as acts generally stick down the first day of the festival), but a few of those acts are nailed on for that particular day.

Florence - Fri
    Underworld - Fri
    Chvrches - Fri
    Battles - Fri
    Girl Band - Fri

Blur - Sat
    Roisin Murphy - Sat
    George Ezra - Sat
    Low - Sat
    Printer Clips - Sat
    Alvvays - Sat

Interpol - Sun
    Manics - Sun
    Tame Impala - Sun
    Paul Kalkbrenner - Sun
    J5 - Sun
    MK - Sun
    Gavin James - Sun
    Viet Cong - Sun
    Pond - Sun
    Metz - Sun

Future Islands - Fri/Sat
    Mac De Marco - Fri/Sat
    Django Django - Sat/Sun
    Parquet Courts - Sat/Sun

that's hardly the sunday line-up with day trippers that day?
    Florence defo Fri?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Ruanmcg

Florence - Fri
    Underworld - Fri
    Chvrches - Fri
    Battles - Fri
    Girl Band - Fri

Blur - Sat
    Roisin Murphy - Sat
    George Ezra - Sat
    Low - Sat
    Printer Clips - Sat
    Alvvays - Sat

Interpol - Sun
    Manics - Sun
    Tame Impala - Sun
    Paul Kalkbrenner - Sun
    J5 - Sun
    MK - Sun
    Gavin James - Sun
    Viet Cong - Sun
    Pond - Sun
    Metz - Sun

Future Islands - Fri/Sat
    Mac De Marco - Fri/Sat
    Django Django - Sat/Sun
    Parquet Courts - Sat/Sun

Damn that kinda has me worried considering Interpol, Kalkbrenner, Viet Cong and Tame Impala are all on the same day... Chance of clashing out of those pretty high do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tupelopenny

Dawes are playing Friday according to their website

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

srm23 wrote: »
    that's hardly the sunday line-up with day trippers that day?
    Florence defo Fri?
    Take my list with a pinch of salt. Last year I had Beck down to do Fri night as it made sense, however as we know, he ended up as part of Sunday's double header. I can see a Florence and Sam Smith two way this year.

So again, this list is purely speculation, I've taken dates off of Band's sites and their FB pages. Those I'm entirely confident of are those that are also playing at EOTR or Festival No. 6.

List now with added Grace Jones/Dawes (thanks tupelopenny)/HWGM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

It's fair to say that the PIRA did not achieve their goals as set out originally. But what was the British administration's position at the start of the troubles? it seems to me that when prolonged systemic human rights abuses inevitably exploded into violence in 1969 that their initial response was to react with force to maintain the status quo. How would Thatcher have responded if the GFA had been laid out in front of her? My bet is she would have laughed, before having a factory worker beaten for sport or some such.

For decades there is simply no way that the UK government would have agreed to the possibility that a United Ireland could happen if the people willed it. The terms they were willing to accept changed over the years, as they did for the PIRA. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Wikipedia states the outcome of the Troubles as a military stalemate, and the British army claims that the PIRA was neither defeated nor victorious. Seems like a fair summation to me.
    I concur.

Ruanmcg wrote: »
    Damn that kinda has me worried considering Interpol, Kalkbrenner, Viet Cong and Tame Impala are all on the same day... Chance of clashing out of those pretty high do you think?
    If the dates are correct, I can see Interpol headlining the Electric Arena. I'm convinced Hot Chip will be in there too. Tame Impala could do a slot similar to St Vincent or prior to the big headliners on the Main Stage. Kalkbrenner will prob be in LBT and can see Viet Cong in Rankins Wood/Cosby during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,140 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Florence, Chvrches, Battles, Blur, Roisin Murphy, Alvvays, Interpol, Tame Impala, J5, The War On Drugs, Future Islands, My Morning Jacket, Django Django, Grace Jones, Young Fathers, Hot Chip, Jape, Le Galaxie...

Solid stuff - plenty to do and see*

*Still hoping James will be announced - not enough 90s

If the dates are correct, I can see Interpol headlining the Electric Arena. I'm convinced Hot Chip will be in there too. Tame Impala could do a slot similar to St Vincent or prior to the big headliners on the Main Stage. Kalkbrenner will prob be in LBT and can see Viet Cong in Rankins Wood/Cosby during the day.

What time would Interpol be on of they were? They're pretty much top of my to-see list, along with Kalkbrenner haha

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

I concur.
    Oh dear. It might not be obvious, but I may have posted that in the wrong thread.

• Advertisement

What time would Interpol be on of they were? They're pretty much top of my to-see list, along with Kalkbrenner haha
    Mogwai did that slot last year and played from half 10 to 12. Arena closes bang on 12 on the Sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Oh dear. It might not be obvious, but I may have posted that in the wrong thread.

It was.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

No worries man, must have been intended for the Politics forum, I initially thought it was something to do with the Mindfield. You can delete it if you want you'll get it in the edit properties.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Wexicanfan

Cant wait!

Mogwai did that slot last year and played from half 10 to 12. Arena closes bang on 12 on the Sunday night.

Last year the two acts I most wanted to see were Outkast and Mogwai and they clashed, Awh it'd be a disaster if that happened again!

Last year the two acts I most wanted to see were Outkast and Mogwai and they clashed, Awh it'd be a disaster if that happened again!
    Festival fare for ye. I saw a bit of Outkast and went to Mogwai. Sunday was a bit of a blur in all honesty though.

I'm predicting a major Jon Hopkins clash this year. He's top of the heap for me so all others can slide on. Just hope it isn't Underworld though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Festival fare for ye. I saw a bit of Outkast and went to Mogwai. Sunday was a bit of a blur in all honesty though.

I'm predicting a major Jon Hopkins clash this year. He's top of the heap for me so all others can slide on. Just hope it isn't Underworld though.

Can see him being put late saturday night in electric arena clashing with underworld. To this day i am still bitching over squarepusher clashing with orbital in 2012.

Or being put in little big tent which will be way too small for him. The tent was fit to burst at body and soul for him twice so they better take heed.

I must say if he did body and soul stage late some night it would be incredible.

lbj666 wrote: »
    [/B]

Can see him being put late saturday night in electric arena clashing with underworld. To this day i am still bitching over squarepusher clashing with orbital in 2012.

Or being put in little big tent which will be way too small for him. The tent way fit to burst at body and soul for him twice so they better take heed.

I must say if he did body and soul stage late some night it would be incredible.
    I'd rather he was in the EA, means that you could comfortably get in without having to be there super early. A clash with Underworld would be terrible programming from the powers that be as I'd imagine there's a lotta crossover.

A B&S slot would be perfect but a) he's not on the list and b) he's arguably too big (though Caribou have done it before).

I'd rather he was in the EA, means that you could comfortably get in without having to be there super early. A clash with Underworld would be terrible programming from the powers that be as I'd imagine there's a lotta crossover.

A B&S slot would be perfect but a) he's not on the list and b) he's arguably too big (though Caribou have done it before).

I remember Caribou clashed with leftfield and bloody beatroots, Caribou were no way as well known at the time as they are now though.
    Normally B+S curate their bit themselves but acts have shown up to do extra sets there so we'll see.

I reality EA is the only place for him, once it isn;t the late slot on saturday i don't care. Not bothered with him clashing with underworld personally but there have been really poor crowds for that slot when there's been a more well known electronic act on the main stage.

I remember Caribou clashed with leftfield and bloody beatroots, Caribou were no way as well known at the time as they are now though.
    Normally B+S curate their bit themselves but acts have shown up to do extra sets there so we'll see.

I reality EA is the only place for him, once it isn;t the late slot on saturday i don't care. Not bothered with him clashing with underworld personally but there have been really poor crowds for that slot when there's been a more well known electronic act on the main stage.

Don't forget LCD Sound System were playing the EA at the same time too, that was a clash-centric day alright.

• Advertisement

Nah LCD Soundsystem were finish before leftfield.

http://www.808state.com/live/2010/100905electricpicnic_lineup.jpg

Obviously fairly impractical but It would make so much more sense for festivals to release the stage times more in advance. What's the point in advertising a lineup of acts but giving no indication of which selection you'll actually be able to see. I could potentially buy a ticket to festival based on a desire to see 10 bands and only be able to see half of them

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Would love to see James added. I wonder will we get an 80's act thrown in late like Bonnie Tyler last year

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭morrissey1307

Obviously fairly impractical but It would make so much more sense for festivals to release the stage times more in advance. What's the point in advertising a lineup of acts but giving no indication of which selection you'll actually be able to see. I could potentially buy a ticket to festival based on a desire to see 10 bands and only be able to see half of them

Yeah makes sense! Plus those buying Sunday tickets have no idea who they'll get to see at all which seems a bit unfair. I think they're trying to do the elusive lineup thing the way Glastonbury operates but kinda puts a downer on it now considering the tickets are sold out so anyone added now won't make a difference anyway

I've seen Underworld at the Picnic before and it was a little underwhelming, granted it was at dusk and darkness hadn't descended to make the most of their light show so I'd wanna give it another go. The late night slot is surely theirs.

Would love to see James added. I wonder will we get an 80's act thrown in late like Bonnie Tyler last year

Was Bonnie Tyler was brought in by electric ireland to do glorified promo work. Of course it escalated, they under estimated how many people one power ballad could draw.

Nah LCD Soundsystem were finish before leftfield.

http://www.808state.com/live/2010/100905electricpicnic_lineup.jpg

They clashed with the Bloody Beetroots though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I've seen Underworld at the Picnic before and it was a little underwhelming, granted it was at dusk and darkness hadn't descended to make the most of their light show so I'd wanna give it another go. The late night slot is surely theirs.

Seen them a few times over the years and twice at EP. Main stage and electric arena. Much better suited to electric arena so hope they are not on main stage this year

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Ruxjit wrote: »

In my opinion yes, it's worth it. Depends if you like to wander about until all hours around the Picnic but once you return to your tent you would like some quiet time to sleep then it's for you.

If on the other hand you can sleep in the middle of a war zone then it will be wasted on you ;)

Advertisement