Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

the only one I actually recognise from that Body & Soul lineup is Donal Dineen..I'm so out of the loop :o

Discovered Young Fathers last year by listening to Nialler9's B&S playlist. Look at it as a chance for epic new discovery. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

the only one I actually recognise from that Body & Soul lineup is Donal Dineen..I'm so out of the loop :o

I thought the exact same

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Natalie Prass is good if you like Feist or Beth Orton. she toured with Ryan Adams recently.

the only others i've listened to are CLU, Young Wonder and Hundred Waters. recognise a few other names from always being on festival bills but have never listened/seen them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

BBC6 music have been playing a LA Priest track for a while. It's pretty good.

LA Priest track

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

I'm just organising transport for 8-10 of us at the moment. Last year we got an 8 seater taxi which worked great price-wise, but left us to the top of Salty Dog (paintball??) and quite a distance in that nonsense weather for walking to Jimi Hendrix.

This year we'll be going to Boutique camping- so does anyone know what gate is best to go in through? If it's the Jimi Hendrix one we'll definitely look at getting a bus to be left there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

mejulie805 wrote: »
    I'm just organising transport for 8-10 of us at the moment. Last year we got an 8 seater taxi which worked great price-wise, but left us to the top of Salty Dog (paintball??) and quite a distance in that nonsense weather for walking to Jimi Hendrix.

This year we'll be going to Boutique camping- so does anyone know what gate is best to go in through? If it's the Jimi Hendrix one we'll definitely look at getting a bus to be left there!

Was wondering the same. Here's last year's sitemap. Is there only two entrances, both on the Abbeyleix Road?

Edit, I originally thought the Quarry entrance was only for busses. That looks like the best entrance for Boutique

Electric-Picnic-2014-Sitemap.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

mejulie805 wrote: »

We're planning on doing the exact same actually.

Where are you getting taxi/bus from and how much was it per head last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Pretty sure I've never really been familiar with the Body & Soul lineup but It's always been amazing wandering in and stumbling onto really great acts. I see Mutefish are playing saw them I think 5 years ago in Body & Soul, they weren't even on either of the big stages at about 2 in the afternoon and they were great. Can't wait to see them again

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Easy Rod wrote: »
    We're planning on doing the exact same actually.

Where are you getting taxi/bus from and how much was it per head last year?

€38 return for 8 of us from Drogheda.. bus usually works out €40-€50.
    Synode wrote: »
    Was wondering the same. Here's last year's sitemap. Is there only two entrances, both on the Abbeyleix Road?

Edit, I originally thought the Quarry entrance was only for busses. That looks like the best entrance for Boutique.
    Thanks Synode- seems like bus may be best. Hopefully the talk about Pink Moon and Boutique is that PM moves over the other side, and not the opposite!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Synode wrote: »

Edit, I originally thought the Quarry entrance was only for busses. That looks like the best entrance for Boutique

Electric-Picnic-2014-Sitemap.jpg

There's a bus and coach stop south of the site, entrance is where Warhol and Hendrix meet. The boutique camp is usually near to this. This would be an ideal drop off point. But there might be big changes this year due to the capacity increase! Keep an eye out for this years map, it's usually available a week or so in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Cainer

We've hired a camper van for the first time but looking at that map it looks miles away from everything.

Also we'll have a child with us but couldn't get a family camping ticket - is the camper van area generally wild or chilled out does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Cainer wrote: »
    We've hired a camper van for the first time but looking at that map it looks miles away from everything.

Also we'll have a child with us but couldn't get a family camping ticket - is the camper van area generally wild or chilled out does anyone know?

Generally pretty chilled out. Lots of families up there. No noise at all last year.

It is a long walk down to main arena though. With small kids its a once a day thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Yeah campervan area is super chilled generally. How old are the kids? its a decent trek

• Registered Users Posts: 12,190 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I usually go to the Jimi hendrix campsite but the last year I went was 2013. It was fine that year. I don't sleep much for the whole weekend anyway. Do people think it'll be total madness this year with the extra capacity?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

MadYaker wrote: »
    I usually go to the Jimi hendrix campsite but the last year I went was 2013. It was fine that year. I don't sleep much for the whole weekend anyway. Do people think it'll be total madness this year with the extra capacity?

I dont think it will be total madness,they're is alot of extra space that is unused near boutique I imagine will fill the extra 5k, tbh it was a little snug last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Anyone any idea when the day breakdown is announced? I know stage and times are usually totally last minute, but the day breakdown normally happened a bit earlier right? Or was that just the week before last year too?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭paulbok

Final acts were announced mid August (19th?) last year with the day by day breakdown announced on Aug 12th.
    EP this year is a few days later than last year so might be a few days extra on the above dates.

Stage times are at best released with a week to go, I suppose acts travel arrangements and logistics mean the times are still up in the air (s'cuse the pun).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

paulbok wrote: »
    Stage times are at best released with a week to go, I suppose acts travel arrangements and logistics mean the times are still up in the air (s'cuse the pun).

Also stops 3rd parties from creating their own booklet of set times. Used to see people selling them in the car parks of EP a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

They are linking a touting site on their website.

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/sold-out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

well they're linking a reselling site, where people are choosing to sell above face value.
    people could choose to put their tickets up for face value if they wanted, but aren't at the moment, because people are kunts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

Jesus christ, camping tickets on there for £610 each :pac:

If you're happy to pay that much I suppose you deserve to be fleeced

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭morrissey1307

well they're linking a reselling site, where people are choosing to sell above face value.
    people could choose to put their tickets up for face value if they wanted, but aren't at the moment, because people are kunts.

Ridiculous isn't it? Seem some on donedeal.ie the other day and the person was selling 2 tickets for €350 each. They'd blacked out the address and other details but stupidly left the early bird price of €170 on the tickets. Asshole trying to make a quick buck..shocking!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

There maybe a very small number of tickets released from people who didn't pay their installment plans on time. It may never even be announced, just keep a really close eye for anyone still looking.

Edit: or else they'll just give them to getmein

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Ruxjit wrote: »
    They are linking a touting site on their website.

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/sold-out

'Official resale partner', has it come to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

I put together this list (by no means complete), take with a huge pinch of salt (as acts generally stick down the first day of the festival), but a few of those acts are nailed on for that particular day.

Florence - Fri
    Underworld - Fri
    Belle and Sebastian - Fri (Electric Arena)
    Chvrches - Fri
    Battles - Fri
    Girl Band - Fri
    Dawes - Fri

Blur - Sat
    Roisin Murphy - Sat
    George Ezra - Sat
    Low - Sat
    Printer Clips - Sat
    Alvvays - Sat

Interpol - Sun
    Manics - Sun
    Tame Impala - Sun
    Paul Kalkbrenner - Sun
    J5 - Sun
    MK - Sun
    Gavin James - Sun
    Viet Cong - Sun
    Pond - Sun
    Metz - Sun
    Here We Go Magic - Sun

Grace Jones - Fri/Sat
    The War On Drugs - Fri/Sat
    Future Islands - Fri/Sat
    Mac De Marco - Fri/Sat
    My Morning Jacket - Fri/Sun
    Django Django - Sat/Sun
    Parquet Courts - Sat/Sun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

It's pretty standard for everyone to link to GetMeIn, it's a ticketmaster company.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,417 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

maximoose wrote: »
    Jesus christ, camping tickets on there for £610 each :pac:

If you're happy to pay that much I suppose you deserve to be fleeced

I saw other ones for £271 (yes, pounds Sterling) and guess how much the 'processing fee' was...£49.94 :eek: Sickening. I'll never use tout sites like this but there are plenty of fools with money out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

PadraigOK wrote: »
    I put together this list (by no means complete), take with a huge pinch of salt (as acts generally stick down the first day of the festival), but a few of those acts are nailed on for that particular day.

Florence - Fri
    Underworld - Fri
    Chvrches - Fri
    Battles - Fri
    Girl Band - Fri

Blur - Sat
    Roisin Murphy - Sat
    George Ezra - Sat
    Low - Sat
    Printer Clips - Sat
    Alvvays - Sat

Interpol - Sun
    Manics - Sun
    Tame Impala - Sun
    Paul Kalkbrenner - Sun
    J5 - Sun
    MK - Sun
    Gavin James - Sun
    Viet Cong - Sun
    Pond - Sun
    Metz - Sun

Future Islands - Fri/Sat
    Mac De Marco - Fri/Sat
    Django Django - Sat/Sun
    Parquet Courts - Sat/Sun

Christ... I'm going to be in a hoop on Monday with that lineup Sun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

Florence - Fri
    Underworld - Fri
    Chvrches - Fri
    Battles - Fri
    Girl Band - Fri

Blur - Sat
    Roisin Murphy - Sat
    George Ezra - Sat
    Low - Sat
    Printer Clips - Sat
    Alvvays - Sat

Interpol - Sun
    Manics - Sun
    Tame Impala - Sun
    Paul Kalkbrenner - Sun
    J5 - Sun
    MK - Sun
    Gavin James - Sun
    Viet Cong - Sun
    Pond - Sun
    Metz - Sun

Future Islands - Fri/Sat
    Mac De Marco - Fri/Sat
    Django Django - Sat/Sun
    Parquet Courts - Sat/Sun

that's hardly the sunday line-up with day trippers that day?
    Florence defo Fri?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Ruanmcg

Florence - Fri
    Underworld - Fri
    Chvrches - Fri
    Battles - Fri
    Girl Band - Fri

Blur - Sat
    Roisin Murphy - Sat
    George Ezra - Sat
    Low - Sat
    Printer Clips - Sat
    Alvvays - Sat

Interpol - Sun
    Manics - Sun
    Tame Impala - Sun
    Paul Kalkbrenner - Sun
    J5 - Sun
    MK - Sun
    Gavin James - Sun
    Viet Cong - Sun
    Pond - Sun
    Metz - Sun

Future Islands - Fri/Sat
    Mac De Marco - Fri/Sat
    Django Django - Sat/Sun
    Parquet Courts - Sat/Sun

Damn that kinda has me worried considering Interpol, Kalkbrenner, Viet Cong and Tame Impala are all on the same day... Chance of clashing out of those pretty high do you think?

Advertisement