Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

Hard to beat Xiaomi 10000mAh bank for $12 - I'd order soon though to have it in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i have this one, get about 7 or 8 charges out of it, probably overkill for 3 days though:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00SR5N5HU/

put your phone on flight mode if you don't need to be using 3g or getting calls/texts. I had mine in flight mode for Glastonbury, and even taking loads of photos and videos, it still only used about 25% of the battery each day.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

I used an app last year that gave times and stages etc and would give a notification when act was starting. I think it more or less imported from clashfinder. As far as I remember someone on boards put it together, it was absolutely brilliant, just wondering if there might be something similar this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLqGUF3p2a4

Ya sunday afternoon would be perfect for this.

They played 2nd last on sunday night before basement jaxx in 2009. I dunno where people are getting 2009 being a small festival , it sold out with 32,500 -35,000 attending. Better line up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

When do they normally announce the day break downs ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

if you did it was because of a mistake on the part of the person wristbanding you, they shouldnt wristband people with incorrect tickets. take the risk if you wish but i can assure without any doubt, email the festival for confirmation, the policy is 100% no GA weekend wristbands for people with family tickets

Nope .. cos last year i contacted EP and they said "no problem, you can use that ticket at main gates, but you cannot get into family camping without kids".

Please stop your scaremongering. If such a policy is written somewhere then it certainly is not implemented.

I have never seen this policy written anywhere. It's not here: http://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/terms-and-conditions-entry-and-sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I used an app last year that gave times and stages etc and would give a notification when act was starting. I think it more or less imported from clashfinder. As far as I remember someone on boards put it together, it was absolutely brilliant, just wondering if there might be something similar this year.

I am the developer of that App. I do plan to do it again this year and include a site map like i did on the 2015 B&S and Sunflowerfest apps:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.bands2015
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.sunflowerfest2015

Always the most common comment from people for the previous apps was "Should have map", so I should have that sorted this year.

In fact I was hoping to crowd-source through this thread to help build up the map on Google maps. Anyone with good knowledge of the site willing to help out on that one?

Getting a data connection in the festival site is like winning the lottery in my experience, google maps sounds great but might be excessive!

maximoose wrote: »
    Getting a data connection in the festival site is like winning the lottery in my experience, google maps sounds great but might be excessive!

Rule number one of festival apps:
    1. MUST work with no data connection.

I have tested this and trust me this will work without data connection .. once you load up the map when you have data connection before you go on site.

It is tested and it does work. Several hundred people will use it at Sunflowerfest next weekend.

Last year 3,300 people installed my EP app. Blown away I was.

Also there will be an iPhone version this year.

In that case, excellent :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

pmalone wrote: »
    Nope .. cos last year i contacted EP and they said "no problem, you can use that ticket at main gates, but you cannot get into family camping without kids".

Please stop your scaremongering. If such a policy is written somewhere then it certainly is not implemented.

I have never seen this policy written anywhere. It's not here: http://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/terms-and-conditions-entry-and-sale.

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/tickets

Family weekend tickets permit access into the designated Family Campsite. This ticket allows entry for one adult and up to two children under the age of 12. Children aged 12 years and under must be pre-registered prior to the event. There is parking within close proximity to the tents and the area is exclusively for families so no need to worry about rowdiness from revellers or late night noise.​

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I have tested this and trust me this will work without data connection .. once you load up the map when you have data connection before you go on site.

It is tested and it does work. Several hundred people will use it at Sunflowerfest next weekend.

I'll be installing your EP app for sure, I used your Body & Soul one and everyone was amazed when I told them it wasn't an official one. Fair play, I can't remember but did you have a donate button in these apps? if not you should!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Awesome, willing to help in anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/tickets

Family weekend tickets permit access into the designated Family Campsite. This ticket allows entry for one adult and up to two children under the age of 12. Children aged 12 years and under must be pre-registered prior to the event. There is parking within close proximity to the tents and the area is exclusively for families so no need to worry about rowdiness from revellers or late night noise.​

yes ... :) ... and where does it say that this ticket will not gain entry to GA?

Can we stop this now please? It is silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i'd be up for helping out, anything to distract from work! :D

most of the paths/routes on the map are actually visible on Google maps too, either officially marked, or can be seen on the photos. can also make out where the food vans were, or some of the tent stages by what seem to be the more worn parts of ground where people were walking:
    https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Stradbally,+Co.+Laois/@53.0115635,-7.1586341,1405m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x485d72881b2435cd:0xa00c7a99731d0a0

http://www.dublinconcerts.ie/content/uploads/2014/08/Electric-Picnic-2014-Sitemap.jpg

i'm not really sure how they do Glastomap, but it would be really handy to be able to add labels like they do:
    http://glastomap.com/

most of the paths/routes on the map are actually visible on Google maps too, either officially marked, or can be seen on the photos. can also make out where the food vans were, or some of the tent stages by what seem to be the more worn parts of ground where people were walking:
    https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Stradbally,+Co.+Laois/@53.0115635,-7.1586341,1405m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x485d72881b2435cd:0xa00c7a99731d0a0

Yeah .. in fact it will be fairly easy, but it is a lot for one person. That's why i asked for some help. I have a certain structure which helps the app parse the KML and build the map on the phone. I will send you a PM on how i did this. Its not hard to do but can take some time.

i'm not really sure how they do Glastomap, but it would be really handy to be able to add labels like they do:
    http://glastomap.com/

Very nice. Its possible to add markers (the most handy probably being "My Tent" ;). I guess I can push that in.

But sharing locations needs data connection and I have not implemented that and breaks rule number 1. Probably not this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Was looking at the Sunflower festival website, it looks like an interesting wee festival modelled on English ones like Beautiful Days and Kendal Calling especially with a headliner like Dreadzone. The only thing that would put me off coming to this would be having to come through Lisburn to get there, is that not a mad staunch Loyalist place. Whats your reports on Sunflower Pablo.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Very nice. Its possible to add markers (the most handy probably being "My Tent" ;). I guess I can push that in.

But sharing locations needs data connection and I have not implemented that and breaks rule number 1. Probably not this year.

I know Sweet Fanny Adams about this sort of stuff but fair play for doing the app, was dead handy last year. Hopefully EP or someone else will recognise your efforts and maybe bring you onboard for an official app

Was looking at the Sunflower festival website, it looks like an interesting wee festival modelled on English ones like Beautiful Days and Kendal Calling especially with a headliner like Dreadzone. The only thing that would put me off coming to this would be having to come through Lisburn to get there, is that not a mad staunch Loyalist place. Whats your reports on Sunflower Pablo.

I have not been before. And it looks like I won't make it this year sadly. A bunch of mates are going. I have heard pretty good things about it although their licence means all stages shut at midnight with only silent disco after that. Parties in campsite and campervan areas are the only things on late at night AFAIK.

I doubt there will be any flag waving though, the organisers are a pretty cool bunch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

pmalone wrote: »
    yes ... :) ... and where does it say that this ticket will not gain entry to GA?

Can we stop this now please? It is silly.

The thing is pmalone Body & Soul festival started turning away people with no families who had family camping tickets so perhaps this is a new thing being introduced into festivals to ensure that families get the allocated tickets. I don't know if EP has adopted this policy but since they work with Body & Soul they might be turning away family ticket holders with no families this year. Your best bet is to contact EP on facebook or the website to find this out. When the B&S festival tickets sold out, folk started jumping on the family tickets until B&S published a disclaimer stating that people with family tickets and no families would not gain admission to the festival site.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I am the developer of that App. I do plan to do it again this year and include a site map like i did on the 2015 B&S and Sunflowerfest apps:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.bands2015
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.sunflowerfest2015

Always the most common comment from people for the previous apps was "Should have map", so I should have that sorted this year.

In fact I was hoping to crowd-source through this thread to help build up the map on Google maps. Anyone with good knowledge of the site willing to help out on that one?

Legend!! I'd be glad to help if it's straight forward enough, drop me a PM.

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Legend!! I'd be glad to help if it's straight forward enough, drop me a PM.

sent

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sapatreks

Body and soul line up is out lads

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

The thing is pmalone Body & Soul festival started turning away people with no families who had family camping tickets so perhaps this is a new thing being introduced into festivals to ensure that families get the allocated tickets. I don't know if EP has adopted this policy but since they work with Body & Soul they might be turning away family ticket holders with no families this year. Your best bet is to contact EP on facebook or the website to find this out. When the B&S festival tickets sold out, folk started jumping on the family tickets until B&S published a disclaimer stating that people with family tickets and no families would not gain admission to the festival site.

I think to put the issue to bed, someone could ask and get a definitive answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

P1k7lSS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭PatrickIde1187

Good good friends are playing the Earthship Stage. 5th Element . Check em out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

Where else could New Jackson be announced for?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

Synode wrote: »
    P1k7lSS.jpg

I stumbled across Mongrel State (fka Moo) last year at 2 in the morning or whatever time they were playing on one of the smaller stages that I can't quite remember. One of my highlights. Hope the experience is as magic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

the only one I actually recognise from that Body & Soul lineup is Donal Dineen..I'm so out of the loop :o

Advertisement