Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

id be willing to swap GA for a family camping if you wanted

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

Hey guys wondering if yall could help me with something. Bought a Family Camping ticket yday off a mate as it was cheaper than what the touts were looking for. I myself dont have any kids or anything and would be going on my own. Will i still be able to stay in one of the campsites were my mates are? Or will i be designated to a separate family camping section?.

Thank you in advance.

Obviously explore above first but also there is someone on toutless looking for a GA to Family swap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Hey guys wondering if yall could help me with something. Bought a Family Camping ticket yday off a mate as it was cheaper than what the touts were looking for. I myself dont have any kids or anything and would be going on my own. Will i still be able to stay in one of the campsites were my mates are? Or will i be designated to a separate family camping section?.

Thank you in advance.

This happened to us last year .. We had no problem getting in at all ... Do not worry, it is not a problem at all.

They wont let you through ticket exchange at the family entrance with out a family, and the ticket isnt accepted at main gates, you MIGHT get away with it, but its unlikely.

This is not true... you WILL get in the main gate with that ticket.

If you are with a family, and enter through family, you could camp in regular, you wont get wristbanded at the main gates with a family ticket.

I got a wristband with family ticket last year ... This is FUD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Well arse anways, looks like I wont be heading to EP this year. The missus has just informed me that there's a weekend away in amsterdam planned for her brothers birthday and she had totally forgot about the dates for EP. :'( What a shame as I was kind of looking forward to it after being at Longitude. I guess I can't complain too much as the EP tickets were free(won them) so I can sell them on cheap enough but still :(

Maybe next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

There's a guy on the last page of the Picnic thread on Toutless looking to swap his GA tickets for Family, try contacting him!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2015/06/23/electric-picnic-lodge-event-licence-application/

I can't stop wondering about this application to increase the attendance, it was lodged after tickets sold out.

I know it's most likely that they already knew the application was most likely to be granted and this was just simple paperwork but are they likely to sell out full (enlarged) capacity knowing theres a risk it may be rejected?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I see EP has posted this again on their facebook, so all you who are paying by instalments make sure you have the funds in by the 31st July.

"Picnickers, anyone who bought their ticket using the Instalment Plan and is yet to complete payments must have enough money in their account when the final amount is taken out on Friday 31st July. If you don’t have enough, your ticket will be cancelled and the first two instalments are non-refundable. If your card details have changed please contact Ticketmaster Customer Service po.st/TicketmasterCS."

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭morrissey1307

Morrison J wrote: »
    Main acts I can't wait for:

War on Drugs - Great Dylan/Springsteen influenced rock. Listen to songs like Red Eyes, Arms like Boulders, Ocean in between the Waves

Mac Demarco - Really laid back indie stuff. Listen to songs like Chamber of Reflection, Passing out Pieces and Ode to Viceroy.

Viet Cong - Very Joy Division in their sound but rock a bit harder. Debut album out this year and its worth a listen.

Parquet Courts - Great indie punk band. Give the album Light Up Gold a listen.

Alvvays - Really nice indie pop. Debut album just out last year. Archie Marry me and Next of Kin are brilliant songs.

Ride - Classic shoegaze band. Their album Nowhere is a must listen. Other tracks like Twisterella are also great.

Yes to everything on this list!

Few to add:

Pond - A Tame Impala branch off band minus Kevin Parker, much heavier than Tame but definitely a must see

Fat White Family - The Fall but 30 years later, straight up, shambolic post-punk. Some good suff

Hinds - All girl indie pop group, some good stuff too, would be a nice afternoon set I reckon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I quite enjoy Pond!

Probably looking forward to the War on Drugs from that list myself.

What's the deal with the extra attendance? another 1,000 tickets or something like that?

Going to be pretty busy, Hendrix will be a warzone

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

pmalone wrote: »
    This is not true... you WILL get in the main gate with that ticket.

if you did it was because of a mistake on the part of the person wristbanding you, they shouldnt wristband people with incorrect tickets. take the risk if you wish but i can assure without any doubt, email the festival for confirmation, the policy is 100% no GA weekend wristbands for people with family tickets

-=al=- wrote: »
    I quite enjoy Pond!

Probably looking forward to the War on Drugs from that list myself.

What's the deal with the extra attendance? another 1,000 tickets or something like that?

Going to be pretty busy, Hendrix will be a warzone

Seen Pond in Whelans in February and I think I did some serious damage to my body that night. Crazy live shows!

WoD will be incredible too, latest record is a blinder

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Am I the only one who missed the meeting on War on Drugs and think they just sound a bit dad rock?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Am I the only one who missed the meeting on War on Drugs and think they just sound a bit dad rock?

I just can't get past the Bryan Adams twang off yer man..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

UsedToWait wrote: »
    I just can't get past the Bryan Adams twang off yer man..

Just don't get the love for them or Future Islands. I find them insufferably dull. So I'll be packing me spoons.

They're not everyone's cuppa, personally I love with and without Kurt Vile and his solo stuff is incredible too. I'll be there with me bells on

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭PatrickIde1187

Madness on BBC - Radio 4 said there playing Ireland on the 5th of September. Surely thats EP? Seem a bit of a big name to be added this late , no?. Wouldve imagined theyd be headlining a night if they were to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Madness on BBC - Radio 4 said there playing Ireland on the 5th of September. Surely thats EP? Seem a bit of a big name to be added this late , no?. Wouldve imagined theyd be headlining a night if they were to play.

Not confirmed as yet anyway. http://www.madness.co.uk/live/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Madness would surely be in that heritage Sunday afternoon slot that Simple Minds did last year? I don't think they'd have headliner in them anyway but maybe I'm biased 'cos I f*cking hate them!!

Was away from the forum around the announcement - Im actually pretty chuffed with some of it. Didn't expect anything big, they just seem to have structured the announcements differently this year. Plus, they won't add (many) big names after selling out so to still get Jape, Le Galaxie and Villagers has me happy.

Only concern for me now is the lack of the Trinity Orchestra - where's our insider to tell us if they're playing or not? :confused:

• Advertisement

Madness headlined the mainstage in 09 on the Saturday. Like em or not there fairly big. Too big to be announced this late

• Registered Users Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Madness would surely be in that heritage Sunday afternoon slot that Simple Minds did last year? I don't think they'd have headliner in them anyway but maybe I'm biased 'cos I f*cking hate them

That slot would make perfect sense. I think they would be funking fantastic in it too cos I think they're great.

They could easily squeeze 3 or four songs in to the space that Jim Kerr and the lads filled with excessive and wasteful la, la la la laaaaaa, la la la laaaaaas last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Madness headlined the mainstage in 09 on the Saturday. Like em or not there fairly big. Too big to be announced this late

2009 in sheer numbers was a much much smaller festival, it's very doable.
    Unlikely that they are announcing a gig of their own at this short notice on the same weekend, some promoters are a bit thick but that would be fecking suicidal.

I hope so , ****ing love the nutty boys!. Just cant see anyone bigish being announced this late & with it being sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Is it wrong to be looking forward to both Shamir and Viet Cong?

Also, Mano Le Tough will be one to catch if this set is anything to go by:

https://www.mixcloud.com/Chemicalgroovedotnet/mano-le-tough-enter-terrace-07-august-2014/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

They'd be ace!
    I was listening to Today FM on Friday, and one of the DJs said that the Coronas were playing the Picnic, and then said sorry lads is that not confirmed yet (or something like that).

Latest announcement is ok.
    Villagers, Jape, and the staves will be great.

Madness always tend to play around Christmas time too

I think they'd be excellent at the picnic! Guaranteed a good live show

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea i would love to see Madness added

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

They'd be ace!
    I was listening to Today FM on Friday, and one of the DJs said that the Coronas were playing the Picnic, and then said sorry lads is that not confirmed yet (or something like that).
    i read that somewhere else on Friday and searched on twitter but didn't see any mentions of it.
    them and Madness would be 2 relatively decent sized additions (even though i hate both!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

There was a good phone battery charger posted on here a while back. Can't find it now. Does anyone know 1 worth investing in?

Advertisement