Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Petrol "stretching"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

duckcfc wrote: »
    I've been having problems with my car, that's why I asked for symptoms. Mines is like spitting power(best way to describe it) when I'm driving but when I release my foot of pedal then put down again, it goes away for awhile. Mostly in the lower gears.

When was the last time it was looked at by a decent mechanic?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

When was the last time it was looked at by a decent mechanic?

Why do the government not have an extensive sampling program ongoing while this petrol stretching exists. Surely that would find the troublesome stations in quick time.
    After all, there is a massive vat and duty fraud going on here as someone along the chain is tampering with the fuel and no doubt not paying tax on the added volume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Crumbs868 wrote: »
    Whereas adding a few hundred litres of kero into a tanker compartment of petrol is very straightforward
    For that reason, the same tactics/thinking that was yielding only token successes with diesel laundering are gonna fail completely to shut down petrol stretching.

Multiple samples all along the way, complete traceability would be one way to tackle it. Or just take note of when and where local reps of a particular political organisation get petrol...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Harold Finchs Machine

Wheelnut wrote: »

Kenny and Newstalk seem to have missed the point in regard to her first visit to the garage. Most cars on the road today have an oil capacity of between 3 and 5 litres. So if her car took 3 litres of oil it was already dangerously low on oil. Still she claims her car is well minded and the problem is the petrol. :confused:

Or whoever she goes to to get it serviced, ain't doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Or whoever she goes to to get it serviced, ain't doing it.

I'd say its more her. I checked the girlfriends mothers car the other day. 2 litres of oil needed, tyres at around 10 psi, pulling "hard" to to left from kurb strikes, front brake pads shot and wipers to the metal. Regularly maintained is a trip to a garage before the NCT to so many people in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

I'd say its more her. I checked the girlfriends mothers car the other day. 2 litres of oil needed, tyres at around 10 psi, pulling "hard" to to left from kurb strikes, front brake pads shot and wipers to the metal. Regularly maintained is a trip to a garage before the NCT to so many people in this country.

We must have the same gf

• Registered Users Posts: 22,056 ✭✭✭✭Esel

pa990 wrote: »
    We must have the same gf
    Durty! :D

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭Crumbs868

All tyres at 10psi. Something not right there. Tyres could also have become damaged from driving around at 10psi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

mickdw wrote: »
    Why do the government not have an extensive sampling program ongoing while this petrol stretching exists. Surely that would find the troublesome stations in quick time.
    After all, there is a massive vat and duty fraud going on here as someone along the chain is tampering with the fuel and no doubt not paying tax on the added volume.

as per a post above - it is NOT a big problem as otherwise you would have tens of thousands of cars affected.

There is constant checking of fuel in garages both in terms of measurements and fuel quality - problem is a garage will get a delivery of fuel at least once a week and assuming these crooks have a little bit of a brain, they would not keep stretched petrol in the same garage for long, thus avoiding detection.

The good news is the stories in the media have highlighted the issue so much and the profit from stretching is actually quite small (about 8c a litre) - it may have become far too much of a risk at this stage.

- 8c/litre is based on 10% - 12% stretching with difference in price of kero & petrol at about 75c-80c.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭e92335i

I've read bits and piece of this thread but is there a list of OK petrol company's?

I've heard Texaco & Maxol are OK as they are supplied direct from the source.

But are these on the bigger stations? And the smaller stations are still being supplied by a middle man.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

e92335i wrote: »
    I've read bits and piece of this thread but is there a list of OK petrol company's?

I've heard Texaco & Maxol are OK as they are supplied direct from the source.

But are these on the bigger stations? And the smaller stations are still being supplied by a middle man.

Ask yourself would you buy a second hand car from Denis O Brien .As denis the boyo is big in one of the main fuel companies he wont be on my list of forecourts that I will allow to fill my tank with their filth . Worse he even has biffo as his side kick working there bird of feather flock together is my moto .

Me I do not trust any oil company after the stuff I know they have done to kills and injure millions world wide with their total disregard for oil waste pollution . Whats taking place is simple they now consider the now destroyed Irish economy as ranking with the third world type economy where they can buy the politicians off to look the other way as they pollute the hell out of the place with their Oil waste left over from oil products

Derry

Dionysius2 wrote: »
    Derry - methinks you will have to go for reprogramming. You are clearly out of touch with the functions of 21st century auto engines.

Then your equally out of touch with the new refining systems they use to make oil waste to be used in cars rather than to disposed up in oil waste reprocessing plants costing more than €4 euros a kilo

In the 1990's era a ship with cooker oil waste products left over from refining oil went from Texas USA to Norway .They pumped the oil waste into a onshore tank made for storing normal fuel . They then added LYE which is alkaline stuff and waited a few weeks .
    The lighter low quality petrol products floated to the top of the tank .
    The heaver diesel oil settled in the middle regions of the tank .
    The really heavy real toxic oil waste went to the bottom of the tank .
    Then they took away the semi refined low quality petrol and added it good petrol and with it added in some extra oil waste to the good petrol fuels to be sold in third world countries forecourts .
    Then the they took away the semi refined low quality diesel land added it to the good diesel fuels to be sold into in third world countries forecourts .
    The real toxic waste the oil companies shipped to Africa Acfra Gold Coast and dumped it all inside a cities sewers systems to kill as many of the locals as they could with toxic oil .
    The cost in that time to make each kilo of toxic oil waste into safe products was $5 a kilo .
    Cheaper to dump the thousands of tons of toxic oil in Africa .
    The nasty whole saga got exposed when the oil tank blew up in Norway from the primitive refining activity that the tank was not made to do killing several local Norwegians and polluting the hell out of the entire town and surrounding region.
    The oil companies still do this oil waste scam world wide where they can get away with it and want to stuff as much oil waste in the fuel as they can to save on the cleaning toxic oil waste costs .

Now they clearly sell this same ultra low quality toxic fuel to Ireland as they class Ireland as third world country not able to fight back and the oil companies can buy the gombeens in Leinser house to not check the Irish petrols and diesels fuels for its bad quality

So no matter how good your 21 first century engine is it cant run Irish sh1te fuel .

And its all the oil companies in Ireland that supply you this sh1te fuel just some shove in more sh1te than other .

I know this as over may years my MPG were never even close to the same using the same makes of car of Europe and USA who often get 20% further for the same amount of fuel in the same types of cars . That showed even then Irish fuel was sub standard sh1te fuel

So I been on this sh1te fuel issue for over decade and learn all about the chemicals in fuels and the engines and how the oil companies know how much waste oil they can stuff into your Sh1te Irish petrol and Diesel fuels

So come back to me when you know something about petrol and diesel fuels as the engine is only the last part of the story and engines cant run on sh1te Irish fuel and that is why they blow up and its sh1te Irish in every garage forecourt every day

me I been robbed of thousands of Euros with bad Sh1te irish petrol over many decades but trying to tell the petrol heads they been robbed is like talking to rocks .Ask most petrol heads how many MPG or liters per hundred they get and you get that blank look so they cant even tell you if they been robbed .Its like taking candy from toddlers for the oil companies
    No wonder Denis is in the oil scam game and laughing his head off at the petrol heads
    Now they think the petrol stretching is only few garages and spot the good garage game is on .
    Its all of the oil companies that are bad but some are more bad than others
    Also Denis can shove his petrol pump filth up where the sun dont shine I certainly wont buy his sh1te petrol

Derry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

He's back.... Infraction must be ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Derry,
    It is clear there has recently been an issue where fuel quality had been lower than the norm. Your post referring to all irish fuel as muck is nothing but a rant.
    Sure we probably get fuel mix that is at the lower end of what is acceptable but for you to be claiming that it is standard irish fuel that is causing the engine issues in random clusters around the country is a bit silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

derry wrote: »
    Cheaper to dump the thousands of tons of toxic oil in Africa .
    The nasty whole saga got exposed when the oil tank blew up in Norway from the primitive refining activity that the tank was not made to do killing several local Norwegians

Derry

Source? What was the name of the town?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Derry, you seriously need some psychiatric help. You don't know Jim Corr by any chance?

salonfire wrote: »
    Source? What was the name of the town?

http://www.nrk.no/programmer/tv/brennpunkt/1.6104693

The full story from NOWAY TV is in there how the coker oil low quality petrol was made from it and the tank exploded and sulfur gas spread all over the town killing and injuring locals

The mixture

After the sweetening in Sløvåg, five of the six ships headed for the seaport town of Paldiski in Estonia.

In Paldiski, they discharged their cargoes at the terminal of the oil company Alexela, a company partly owned by Trafigura. Incidentally, Alexela bought up Vest Tank in Sløvåg after the explosion.

In Paldiski, the cargo was unloaded, and the Estonian customs service relate that a substance designed to increase the octane level is mixed into the gasoline.

The unusable residue product coker gasoline had now turned into low quality gasoline.

The Estonian customs state that the quality is so low, it renders it illegal to sell in Europe.

The gasoline is reloaded on board a ship, then dispatched to West Africa.

So now they clearly ship this low quality petrol to Ireland and stick it in your cars mixxing some with good petrol and some oil companies mix lots and others less

CASE PROVED and I am not the person with the problem i am just suppling the evidence to those petrol heads that think there might be something called good petrol in easy CORRUPTIBLE Ireland COP ON there is no way the IRA can move 300,000 tons annulay of streched petrol and washed diesel fuel to 150 outlets .Its the Gombeens in Leinster House and the oil companies suppling the hoods all the stuff they need so later they can blame the IRA and then destroy as many cars in Ireland with this waste oil stuffed into fuel scam

Derry

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Bullet points please Derry at the start of your posts as I don't have the time to read through them and figure them out into something logical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Why does this always have to turn into political bullsh*t :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

dgt wrote: »
    Why does this always have to turn into political bullsh*t :rolleyes:

I blame the members of the raving looney party

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

ba_barabus wrote: »
    I blame the members of the raving looney party

I was thinking more bus pass Elvis Party myself....

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

CASE PROVED
    Derry

You haven't proved it's used in Ireland :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

The full story from NOWAY TV is in there how the coker oil low quality petrol was made from it and the tank exploded and sulfur gas spread all over the town killing and injuring locals

So now they clearly ship this low quality petrol to Ireland and stick it in your cars mixxing some with good petrol and some oil companies mix lots and others less

CASE PROVED and I am not the person with the problem i am just suppling the evidence to those petrol heads that think there might be something called good petrol in easy CORRUPTIBLE Ireland COP ON there is no way the IRA can move 300,000 tons annulay of streched petrol and washed diesel fuel to 150 outlets .Its the Gombeens in Leinster House and the oil companies suppling the hoods all the stuff they need so later they can blame the IRA and then destroy as many cars in Ireland with this waste oil stuffed into fuel scam

Derry

Are you aware that Ireland is in Europe? Actually are you aware what Europe is? How about Planet Earth?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,056 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Derry,

Could you please give us your understanding of the ICE, with specific reference to the Suck Squeeze Bang Blow theory.

2,000 words or less will do; paragraphs and bullet points will earn more marks.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

How much fuel is imported in its finished refined state? And where would it be unloaded?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Umm, so where can I get the stuff Idi Amin used to use in his Mercedes? Or am I missing the point? Please help me!!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Wheelnut

Derry

Thanks for that derry, now here is "proof" that zombies exist:

http://www.celebtricity.com/ebola-victim-rises-from-the-dead-in-africa-fear-of-zombie-apocalypse/
    With Texas now infested with an unknown amount of Ebola patients, nearby Kansas has declared a state of emergency. Kansas Governor Sam Brownback has declared October “Zombie Awareness Month” and the state is on high alert for a zombie outbreak. Homes across the state are to receive pamphlets warning them of how to prevent the spread of Ebola and what to do if an Ebola Victim falls dead and then starts to show life again.

Meanwhile in Mayo...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Dial Hard wrote: »
    It's only libel if it's not true.
    It's only libel if you can't prove it...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I spent 20 minutes googling various substances in that article.

Fundamentals of Petroleum Refining, By Mohamed A. Fahim, Taher A. Al-Sahhaf, Amal Elkilan tells me that a dilute caustic soda solution injected into a gasoline feed is normal. The coalesced spent caustic soda is then sent to a sewer since it is minute in volume, low in NaOH concentration and partially neutralized.

Coker Gasoline and the sweetening process described above are both normal examples of gasoline production and actually has many uses in manufacturing. It is one of a number of products of the vacuum tower part of refining. All according to Petroleum Refining, By James H. Gary, Glenn E. Handwerk.

Coker gasoline has an octane rating of 60 and has a different composition to gasoline entirely. You don't simply try to raise the octane rating and sell it. Thats retarded, it actually has a value in itself. There is extremely little waste in the petroleum refinement process for reason.

Here is what I got out of that article. The writer is a sensationalist moron who heard a rumour and some big fancy words. A empty storage tank during cleaning exploded, which is actually not that uncommon. We actually have one of the world's largest dangerous storage container companies in Ireland, feel free to email them and ask them about it. The extremely stringent world of petroleum refining meant that this particular tank didn't have a license for the materials it stored. Which they will be fined for.

And by the way, I've had electronics in Estonian customs for close to a year while they wait patiently for their brown envelope. I have no idea what the relevance of their statement has in the article, but I find it interesting that such a corrupt organisation has such a fine standing in this articles eyes.

• Advertisement

<edit>
    Coker gasoline has an octane rating of 60 and has a different composition to gasoline entirely. You don't simply try to raise the octane rating and sell it. Thats retarded, it actually has a value in itself. There is extremely little waste in the petroleum refinement process for reason.

.<edit>

If you look the aritcale closely and many like iit where these stunts go on this isnt the normal coker oil refining

Nowadays they fill up super tankers with coker oil and use the super tanker as a primitive refinery .Adding Costic soda or LYE whatever term you want the result isn't pretty a nice highly refined oil product but rather a nasty primitive low quality petroleum mix This is where using primitive methods they skim off the lighter components as low quality petrol and the more heavy products as low quality Diesel oil and the bottom of the tank is the most toxic of all oil waste .
    However the low qualty petrol and diesel mix they retive will due to the primitive refining methods still contain nasty components of oil waste in higher concentrations than would be found from properoil refining methods .The proper oil refining methods you refer to are expensive and supply much superior quallty products with much less or no oil waste products in them .However it takes lots of energy to do proper refining .primitive refining requires less costs and can be done in large onshore petrol tanks not made to do refining .For practicale reason using proper refining on low quality coker oil to extract and scavenge the last remaining petrol products isnt economically worth while in richer parts of the world like the USA and EU .If any oil company requests in Europe permissions to do this low quality methods of coker oil refining they are often met with so many safety regulations that it cant often be done

Due to the explosion in Norway its become difficult in Europe to find large fuel tanks they can pull this scam with of primitive refining of coker oil.

So the dirty little secret of the oil industry is they now often do this primitive refining solution using super tankers as they steam across the oceans .So Mexico or USA hire ship fill a super tanker with coker oil and LYE and export it to the European refinery's .When the ship arrives most of the product is now semi refined .The semi refined product is then mixxed with very high qualilty refined products like petrol and diesel and often exported to then third world region or in some cases the knocking on third world regions like Ireland where lowwer quality fuel can slip in with throwing a few bungs to the gombeens in the Leinster house'.
    Also if you bothered to realy look the articale they said the slops the realy highly toxic oil waste unfit for any purose in car or diesel engines was mixxed with highly refined fuel and exported they said to west africa . Well even west Africa cant take all the waste oil stuffed into petrol and diesel as crap fuel .So that same type of crap fuel went around the place looking for other suitable places to sold to and with Gombeens running the GAFF Ireland Inc subsidiary corprertion of the British crown . became the new place where they did the waste oil stuffed into petrol and diesel scam . However here in ROI they needed a cover story so they invented the IRA fuel washers and fuel stretchers to cover their tracks

So your research in twenty minutes shows exactly what it is off the cuff throw it together and become instant expert and still know nothing result .
    This type of primitive refined coker oil is not the same thing as properly refined coker oil.

I been on the trail of who was selling me sub standard petrol fuels for many years now once i discovered there is such a thing a crap petrol and good petrol and Ireland has rarely in the last decade ever got good petrol form any stations outlet and my MPG loss showed for me this problem.
    the petrol heads didnt care burn the stuff whatever but now only care because the Irish petrol is blowing up their cars and they despertly want to belive some voodoo that good petrol exists in Ireland as the likes of denis laugh at each exploding engine and coin it from the destruction they knew would take place . A magician will tell you nothing can be fooled so easy as scientists they are blinkered idiots .They should have said nothing can be fooled so easy as petrol heads they belive the government and thier cronies the fuel is greaaat stuff Ha HA

Derry

Advertisement