Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 3 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

On 10 as we speak...this is why its best not to knee jerk!

You do realise your knee jerking yourself by bringing in siggy last week and talking about taking out ddg now.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Will have to wait till later in the week but problems building for next week.

Williamson - (Red Card) how many matches will he miss?
    Cameron - not getting a look in
    Giroud - wait & see extent of injury
    Hammond - (cheap 5th mid) - picked up an injury too
    Rosenior - coming back from injury (came on 2nd half today)

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

zarquon wrote: »
    With barkley missing he is nailed on in the team. Looks sharp and is cleaning up on BPS. Tough fixtures but he is a bargain at 5m.

Was at the match yesterday & he quite impressed me. Absolute workhorse chasing down and sees a good bit of the ball. Mind you he was playing centrally with Lukaku out right & I think that was just a tactic vs Arsenal so wouldn't expect it every week

• Registered Users Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Will be shipping out De Gea and Giroud this week. Now a week to decide who to bring in. Thinking Krul

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

You do realise your knee jerking yourself by bringing in siggy last week and talking about taking out ddg now.

Ah, but mine was a calculated knee jerk!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Bego to krul or forester?

Or change Moore to dummett?

Have 2 transfers but thinking of saving up for Rooney to Sturridge for gw4 with a downgrade of phil jones (on last game v burnley).

Would give me costa, Sturridge, dzeko with fab, mata, Ramsey and siggy.

Somehow in top 27k in world, with wisdom to come off the bench and dzeko to play.

Actually just noticed they play Burnley next week. Surely a clean sheet there?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Team is

Begovic Hamer
    Caulker Terry Van Aanholt Coloccini Moore
    Sterling Fabregas Ramsey Siggy Isgrove
    Rooney Costa Fletcher

I wouldn't mind rid of Begovic, Caulker or Fletcher.

Looking at next week, I think I'll go Caulker to Taylor from Swansea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Lemlin wrote: »
    Team is

Begovic Hamer
    Caulker Terry Van Aanholt Coloccini Moore
    Sterling Fabregas Ramsey Siggy Isgrove
    Rooney Costa Fletcher

I wouldn't mind rid of Begovic, Caulker or Fletcher.

Looking at next week, I think I'll go Caulker to Taylor from Swansea.

Isgrove and moore should be on your exit list too!

Taylor is a good call, good fixtures for the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Now that I'm finished for this GW and I look at my team I see a few players I certainly won't have longterm but I'm happy enough all things considered. A few I'd like to find room for I'm willing to admit. Value takes a hit then so be it.

I'm going to try and hold my transfer until Friday anyway as there's an ocean of matches to be played between now and then. I'm also pretty sure I won't be wildcarding after next weekend either for non-fpl reasons. Small matter of a thesis to get written up and the last thing I need is a sparkly wildcard to play with.

While I have a few players I'm iffy about I'm hopeful I can ride things out for a few weeks, run the team into the ground if I have to and then unleash the wildcard maybe around the 2nd international break. Of course plans are made to be thrown out the window but that's where I sit on a content Sunday evening knowing I finish the GW on 67 points :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭G1032

Caulker and Isgrove both well on the road to a price drop. I need to get rid of both so hoping Isgrove will hold out for the week.

I think Caulker must go but he's at 74% so I can wait until tomorrow.

I think I'll get in Yoshida. Did someone mention before that his place is not guaranteed?? If that's the case I might go for Clyne. Other options are a Swansea defender but I wouldn't be too enthusiastic about having two Swansea players in my team.

Ideally Yoshida is a guaranteed starter and I'll go for him. Can anyone confirm for me if he is??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Might go Fletcher -> Adebayor. Is Adebayor likely to rise tonight? Apparently the price checker is a bit dodge at the moment? Want to hold off until Liverpool/City game if I can.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

jive wrote: »
    Might go Fletcher -> Adebayor. Is Adebayor likely to rise tonight? Apparently the price checker is a bit dodge at the moment? Want to hold off until Liverpool/City game if I can.

No he won't be rising tonight.

Shane732 wrote: »
    No he won't be rising tonight.

Good stuff, want to watch the highlights anyway to see if he was as good as the points haul suggests. I reckon he's on pens with Soldado on the bench too which is nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

jive wrote: »
    Good stuff, want to watch the highlights anyway to see if he was as good as the points haul suggests. I reckon he's on pens with Soldado on the bench too which is nice!

Adebayor was good , made some very effective runs on and off the ball and the whole front 4 of Spurs pressed QPR very well (ala Southampton last year) - but QPR were abject.

There was about 30 yards between the QPR centre backs all day long with no cover from midfield and Barton and Fer were unable to keep possession in midfield so it was relentless.

Spurs could easily have had 7 or 8 goals.

Adebayor was good , made some very effective runs on and off the ball and the whole front 4 of Spurs pressed QPR very well (ala Southampton last year) - but QPR were abject.

There was about 30 yards between the QPR centre backs all day long with no cover from midfield and Barton and Fer were unable to keep possession in midfield so it was relentless.

Spurs could easily have had 7 or 8 goals.

Sound! Think I will get him in, I reckon it's worth it as Spurs fixtures are alright and the only other alternative is Naismith who I reckon will throw out a heap of 2 pointers. I think he will be on pens which makes it more worthwhile and at 3.4% ownership he is a good, potentially captainable, differential.

Pity Eriksen didn't get on the end of anything :pac: If only they could play QPR every week.

Just realised Ade also rotates well with my other 2 strikers (Rooney & Costa), he is at home while theyre away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Has Simpson lost his place in the QPR back line?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

2 f/t. what are my priorities transfer wise?
    I have Sanchez, Giroud, Chambers from Arsenal (don't have Ramsey)
    I have Rooney
    Ferdinand also on the exit list

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

I don't know whether to get Krul or Lloris for De Gea. What do people think would be the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

thunderdog wrote: »
    Has Simpson lost his place in the QPR back line?

AFAIK Isla is playing ahead of him as a RWB.

• Advertisement

frimpong wrote: »
    I don't know whether to get Krul or Lloris for De Gea. What do people think would be the best option.

leave him, got Burnley next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

AFAIK Isla is playing ahead of him as a RWB.

Ah ok thanks, have both Simpson and Huth so it looks like I will have to get rid of at least one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

honeybear wrote: »
    I have Rooney

I'm holding Rio. Sunderland and Stoke at home in the next three matches and he'll be among the bonus in a low scoring match.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

zarquon wrote: »
    Isgrove and moore should be on your exit list too!

Taylor is a good call, good fixtures for the next few weeks.

Moore is a decent option when Leicester's fixtures pick up. He's also guaranteed his place.

Alot of the 4 mil options playing at the minute (Wisdom, Dummett) are in danger of losing their place when others are back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Moore is a decent option when Leicester's fixtures pick up. He's also guaranteed his place.

Alot of the 4 mil options playing at the minute (Wisdom, Dummett) are in danger of losing their place when others are back.

I guess the hope in having them would be that they might rise relatively quickly and help you get better defenders when you have to make that change.

Dummett should be okay until about GW 9 or 10, when Santon is due back.

Great value in the cheap defenders this year and money to be made in jumping on the cheap bandwagons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Wanted to bank my transfer this week but my team still needs work. Here's my current line-up:

GK: De Gea
    DEF: Coleman Kompany Vlaar
    MID: Siggurdsson Henderson Ramsey Mata
    FW: Rooney Costa Bojan
    Bench: Howard, Ward, Davis, Cameron

Short term the obvious choice seems to be to bring in Naismith for Bojan as many people have done. Then again Everton have Chelsea next week so would that be wise? Bojan has Man City so I don't think there's much of a difference, so maybe I should throw in Naismith anyway. I need to get rid of De Gea as well (and possibly one of Rooney/Mata but not quite yet) but I figure since United have a few handy fixtures ahead of them that's not as pressing.

Long term goals include potentially getting both Newcastle goalies into my squad (cheap, guaranteed to have one start & are probably gonna have a few clean sheets), going cheap on the defence by ditching either Kompany or Coleman (he might be a keeper though if he has a few more weeks like this week) to earn some cash to upgrade my cheapie striker to someone better. I think my midfield is fairly solid at the moment but there's room for tinkering. Will probably wildcard in a few weeks to achieve all of this, depends on how I fare in my private league, if I start to fall too far behind I'll have to WC earlier.

Wanted to bank my transfer this week but my team still needs work. Here's my current line-up:

GK: De Gea
    DEF: Coleman Kompany Vlaar
    MID: Siggurdsson Henderson Ramsey Mata
    FW: Rooney Costa Bojan
    Bench: Howard, Ward, Davis, Cameron

Short term the obvious choice seems to be to bring in Naismith for Bojan as many people have done. Then again Everton have Chelsea next week so would that be wise? Bojan has Man City so I don't think there's much of a difference, so maybe I should throw in Naismith anyway. I need to get rid of De Gea as well (and possibly one of Rooney/Mata but not quite yet) but I figure since United have a few handy fixtures ahead of them that's not as pressing.

Long term goals include potentially getting both Newcastle goalies into my squad (cheap, guaranteed to have one start & are probably gonna have a few clean sheets), going cheap on the defence by ditching either Kompany or Coleman (he might be a keeper though if he has a few more weeks like this week) to earn some cash to upgrade my cheapie striker to someone better. I think my midfield is fairly solid at the moment but there's room for tinkering. Will probably wildcard in a few weeks to achieve all of this, depends on how I fare in my private league, if I start to fall too far behind I'll have to WC earlier.

Bojan will drop at least 0.1 this week. Naismith will rise at least 0.2 although you should have done the change last night to maximise benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

honeybear wrote: »
    I have Rooney

Sanchez to Ramsey one will one anyway - should bank you about 1.4m
    Who is your other striker?
    Wait till Thursday/Friday till get news on Giroud's injury. If need a replacement then - I think Ade is a good choice.

United are not clicking atm, but have 2 newly promoted teams in next 2 matches so wouldn't be too quick in getting rid of Rooney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I thought it was more a case of qpr being terrible than spurs being good.

Dunne and Ferdinand are past it and don't know how to play 3 at the back. Isco and traore were very poor defensively and also poor attacking wise. Caulker wasn't great either but was a threat from set pieces, not enough though for 5m.

Well done mata on the goal, but I'm still happy I transfer him out, united were terrible again, rooney played very deep andwhen di maria comes it'll have an effect on him. Might get rid of rooney and bring him in, 2

Advertisement