Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 3 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Lemlin wrote: »
    2 have Terry. 3 have said midfielder. I noticed a couple have Bony. He started last season slowly too so may come good.

Fletcher to bony will most likely be my transfer this week after seeing those teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

will be getting alexis sanchez out, too expensive at the moment, will probaly get ramsey in but just want to see how teams get on today and tomorrow first, it's cost me .1 (the FPL site was down but was sure he'd be going up anyway) but think that .1 might be worth it to watch other games first and maybe have a headache of bringing in ramsey or di maria for united :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Sanchez out last night for Ramsey!

I should have learned from last season but thought Sanchez would be playing 90 minutes a game and be the focal point of their attack.. unfortunatly it hasnt worked out like that yet!! No doubt he will from next week onwards :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Any recommendations for me transfer-wise?

DCIFqvC.png?1

Depending on how Fletcher and Lamela do today, I was thinking Fletcher -> Naismith which would give me a bank of 1.4 and would allow me to go Lamela -> Fabregas.

My only issue is that Lamela has a pretty decent run of fixtures (Man City aside). I know Arsenal are in there, but Spurs - Arsenal always has the potential to be 6+ goal thrillers. Likewise Fletcher also has a decent run of games.

Meanwhile, 4 out of Fabregas' next 8 games are City, Arsenal, Liverpool and United. Likewise, 3 of Naismith's next 5 games are Chelsea, Liverpool and United.

Or am I paying too much attention to big names and ignoring the fact that United and Liverpool's defence is no more airtight than a lot of mid table clubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Any recommendations for me transfer-wise?

DCIFqvC.png?1

Depending on how Fletcher and Lamela do today, I was thinking Fletcher -> Naismith which would give me a bank of 1.4 and would allow me to go Lamela -> Fabregas.

My only issue is that Lamela has a pretty decent run of fixtures (Man City aside). I know Arsenal are in there, but Spurs - Arsenal always has the potential to be 6+ goal thrillers. Likewise Fletcher also has a decent run of games.

Meanwhile, 4 out of Fabregas' next 8 games are City, Arsenal, Liverpool and United. Likewise, 3 of Naismith's next 5 games are Chelsea, Liverpool and United.

Or am I paying too much attention to big names and ignoring the fact that United and Liverpool's defence is no more airtight than a lot of mid table clubs?

Personally I would be looking to ship Young and Lamela out of that team.

I have Fabregas in my team and as skip, tho watching him playing a fair bit deeper has me thinking. I wouldn't go rushing in to get him in & considering his next few games.

Get Young out either way as he won't contribute and will continue to drop in value IMO. King from Leicster at 4.5 looks a decent buy for back-up on your front 7 & will leave you with 1.9 to upgrade players over the coming weeks.

You should also get some Man City coverage in that attack line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

While I was hoping to bank it I may need to offload Charlie Austin. What the hell was I thinking putting my trust in Harry Redknapp :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Are many taking Sanchez out? Didn't see the match but judging by the 1 point he got I assume it didn't go great?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Are many taking Sanchez out? Didn't see the match but judging by the 1 point he got I assume it didn't go great?

He was replaced at HT by Giroud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

Bojan to be moved on i think, have 3m to use but dnt fancy giroud bony or dzeko....so may just upgrade my 5th mil and bench him or try to work towards aguero back in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I've somehow ended up with 3 Sunderland players in Mannone, Van Aanholt and Fletcher. Will have to shift one unless Fletcher gets a transfer somewhere. £1.5m in the bank so plenty of options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Yep Bojan has to go. Annoying though! Have £6.5m to work with, or possible more if I dump Mata too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Will anyone be taking a chance on Balotelli?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭shano_88

Bojan to Naismith I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

For the record, my account was hacked when someone posted as me talking about getting rid of Lamela above. I've reported it to the Admins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

For the record, my account was hacked when someone posted as me talking about getting rid of Lamela above. I've reported it to the Admins.

:pac:

I'm looking at Jelavic in for Bojan. Unsure who to replace Pieters with, plenty of options though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

roryc wrote: »
    I'm looking at Jelavic in for Bojan. Unsure who to replace Pieters with, plenty of options though.

Why Jelavic? Just wondering. I'm thinking Naismith myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I think naismith is the best bet for a cheap striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

I'll probably get Dummett in for Ferdinand and might get Lamela in for Eriksen.

I'll be looking closely at Wickham and Fletcher today. One of them will likely be my replacement for Bojan, as they face QPR next week. Worst defence in the league!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭burrenguy

Maybe someone here can help me with this: Is it worth taking a points hit (-8 or -12) to get in players who's prices are going up? Eg. Costa will likely continue to rise, Ramsey, Hutton etc. I'd rather save my wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

burrenguy wrote: »
    Maybe someone here can help me with this: Is it worth taking a points hit (-8 or -12) to get in players who's prices are going up? Eg. Costa will likely continue to rise, Ramsey, Hutton etc. I'd rather save my wildcard.

Price rises are less volatile this season so I don't think it's worth chasing bandwagons. Costa and Ramsey are fine, but Hutton's fixtures are terrible after next week. That being said, I already have Hutton so feel free to help drive his price up :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

burrenguy wrote: »

This is what your wild card is for, so you don't have to take a big points hit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Moreno or Lovern? Swapping Chambers out and have 1 million in the bank. Already have Debuchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Thinking Sterling in for Sanchez or am I jumping the gun?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm now strongly thinking of Eriksen to Lamela. Anyone in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I have Eriksen and am frustrated with another blank, but at least he was getting in good positions in the box and could have scored that free kick. Lamela seems like a sideways move at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Yup, if Eriksen was cheaper I'd probably be happy enough to keep him but at the same price I think Lamela is better value.
    Ziegler wrote:
    I have Eriksen and am frustrated with another blank, but at least he was getting in good positions in the box and could have scored that free kick. Lamela seems like a sideways move at the moment.
    Yeah, he didn't play badly or anything and there were 3 or so moments in the game where he looked like he'd score some points. Lamela just looks more likely to be involved in points scoreing opportunities, he's playing in a very advanced position.

It is definitely somewhat of a sideways step, but i'd consider it a tiny step up at the same time!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Sigh..

Lost 0.1 on Filipe Luis
    Lost 0.1 on Davies
    Lost 0.1 on Mata (I plan on keeping him anyway)

Giroud about to drop also so that'll be another 0.1.. Can't afford this ****e at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Honestly tempted to just do my wildcard already as I have so many I want / need out

Advertisement