Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 3 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

I nearly just did the Mata & 5.0 mid to Ramsey & 4.5 mid but I'm stalling..
    Mata's next games are Burnley (A), QPR (H), Leicester (A), West Ham (H), Everton (H), and West Brom (A).
    While Ramsey has Man City, Tottenham and Chelsea in that period.

And yes I realise Ramsey can get points against anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,982 ✭✭✭G1032

Not entirely sure what to do. Caulker is 44% of way to a fall so need to keep an eye on him and sell before he does fall.
    Isgrove is going to have to go but as he's not going to fall in price I might just wait on that.
    Clyne is an option to replace Caulker with but although he's going up price tonight I'm not going make that transfer yet. I'll just hold tight for a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

jebforever wrote: »
    Clyne has good fixtures alright. Also Neil Taylor for Swansea 4.5m who apart from Chelsea away in GW4 has nice fixtures until November.

I'm thinking of going Chambers to Bertrand, 4.5m instead of 5.0 for Clyne. Have to see what happens with Jovetic first.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm thinking of going Chambers to Bertrand, 4.5m instead of 5.0 for Clyne. Have to see what happens with Jovetic first.

Bertrand is also 5.0 I think you'll find

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Reluctant to offload Chambers but feel as though I'm missing the boat with Clyne. Southampton have good fixtures but if there's a 4.5m defender from a top 4 team getting regular games (for now) then I can't justify the 0.5m to get in a Southampton defender. Hmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Speaking of which, recommendations for who to get in for Jovetic if necessary? Was thinking Bony (have 0.5 in the bank), but see he was subbed today. Remy 's fantastic but QPR have pretty rubbish fixtures coming up. Might just upgrade to Dzeko?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Speaking of which, recommendations for who to get in for Jovetic if necessary? Was thinking Bony (have 0.5 in the bank), but see he was subbed today. Remy 's fantastic but QPR have pretty rubbish fixtures coming up. Might just upgrade to Dzeko?

I'd go Dzeko assuming he starts and does well. I've never had him in my team but he always keeps the scoreboard ticking over to be fair to him. If he starts Monday night I will be going Fletcher --> Dzeko as I have 3m in the bank (assuming Fletcher doesn't go huge and Dzeko does enough to justify bringing him in). Makes sense considering he plays up top and how many goals City get.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

jebforever wrote: »
    Clyne has good fixtures alright. Also Neil Taylor for Swansea 4.5m who apart from Chelsea away in GW4 has nice fixtures until November.

thanks for the suggestion.
    thought about replacing chambers to neil taylor next gw
    damn, my defenders is a mess. lol

Have had Dzeko several times over the last few years. He is only ever a temporary purchase due to competition from the Kun and Jovetic, often gone again within two or three weeks. Frustrating to say the least!

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

Dónal wrote: »
    Have had Dzeko several times over the last few years. He is only ever a temporary purchase due to competition from the Kun and Jovetic, often gone again within two or three weeks. Frustrating to say the least!

Agree with you. Too expensive to sit and wonder will he play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I already have cesc but I think I might bring in auguro for costa maybe bring in schurrle too but not having a Chelsea striker doesn't really bother me much the way they play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

I already have cesc but I think I might bring in auguro for costa maybe bring in schurrle too but not having a Chelsea striker doesn't really bother me much the way they play.

Ye was planning a similar move- costa to aguero, with fab and terry as chelsea cover either way. If aguero hits form in a city team becomes close to a must have even at 12m

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Hmmm, thoughts on taking yaya out for ramsey....

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

Dempsey wrote: »
    Hmmm, thoughts on taking yaya out for ramsey....

I would support that move. YaYa has been priced too high. Sooner or later his price will drop. Ramsey is hot now. His price may go up tonight. Ramsey is scoring. Ya Ya had a great year last year. Best he has ever had. Unlikely to repeat that performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Currently considering a 4 point hit:

Cahill and Giroud out,
    Dummett and Costa in.

Edit: just realised that Giroud is protected! How does that work again? He can't drop for a while now right?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Currently considering a 4 point hit:

Cahill and Giroud out,
    Dummett and Costa in.

Edit: just realised that Giroud is protected! How does that work again? He can't drop for a while now right?

seems everybody is protected for now. fpl towers has now entered the twilight zone

doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo

what a freaky show

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Sanchez to Rambo done. Resistance is futile. Have probably missed the boat as well as 13 points so far, but has to be done....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FHFC wrote: »
    Sanchez to Rambo done. Resistance is futile. Have probably missed the boat as well as 13 points so far, but has to be done....

When Ramsey has over 259 points by the end of the season the 13 will be but a drop in the ocean.

Huzzah for the Pro-Ramsey Brigade :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

When Ramsey has over 259 points by the end of the season the 13 will be but a drop in the ocean.

Huzzah for the Pro-Ramsey Brigade :)

Somewhat reluctant member here given the damage the fckr has done so far. Sorta like it must feel to pay protection money to the Mafia. Sure you'd smile when you handed it over but inside you'd just want to punch the fuķcer.

Did Yaya out for Ramsey...

goosebumps...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Sanchez to Ramsey done. Still think Sanchez will do well when he gets going but can't ignore Ramsey any longer and 1.5m extra to play with.

goosebumps...

What are your plans with the extra 2.0?

Big Borg wrote: »
    What are your plans with the extra 2.0?

I dont know tbh

Giroud is the only player im worried about though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

Think I'll downgrade Terry to a Southampton player, Yoshida is actually tempting if they don't sign another centre back but I'll probably go with Bertrand or Clyne. With my other FT I'm thinking of Bojan->Naismith to free up more funds to eventually bring in Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Think I'll bank it, for next week

Do terry to taylor (swans)

Andf fletcher (Sun) to I dont know yet

goosebumps...

Good move. Ramsey rose 0.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Team is still going well so I'll be holding off on any transfers until all games have completed tomorrow evening.

I am thinking about Terry to Taylor from Swansea at the minute. It's really struck me how all the top managers in the FFS HoF have gone with cheapies in defence and maximised attackers.

I also may have underrated Swansea. I didn't particularly rate Monk as I've said previously but my friend who supports them (as I've also mentioned on here) did warn me that the Spanish players and Laudrup having no interest were the problem last year and that Monk is a good coach.

Would leave me with 5 mil :eeek banked but I think I'll need it with Aguero and RVP due back in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Lemlin wrote: »
    Team is still going well so I'll be holding off on any transfers until all games have completed tomorrow evening.

I am thinking about Terry to Taylor from Swansea at the minute. It's really struck me how all the top managers in the FFS HoF have gone with cheapies in defence and maximised attackers.

I also may have underrated Swansea. I didn't particularly rate Monk as I've said previously but my friend who supports them (as I've also mentioned on here) did warn me that the Spanish players and Laudrup having no interest were the problem last year and that Monk is a good coach.

Would leave me with 5 mil :eeek banked but I think I'll need it with Aguero and RVP due back in the coming weeks.

Just had a look at some teams there, a few have Terry, none have Fletcher, I think it's a bigger priority replacing him. Or bench him and and upgrade you 4.5 mid to quality player as most seem to play a very strong front 7.

Have a Welsh Swansea mate and reckons Taylor is a bit of a weak link to the team.

Also most of them still have the united midfielder who can not be mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Next week has to be a no transfer week. International break following so you'd want the flexibility of 2 free transfers for GW 4. Unless you have planned on doing the wildcard then.

Surprised at the amount of point hits and early wildcards this year. Patience is such a key element of the game. I've always found using your transfers in 2s to be a good policy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Just had a look at some teams there, a few have Terry, none have Fletcher, I think it's a bigger priority replacing him.

Have a Welsh Swansea mate and reckons Taylor is a bit of a weak link to the team.

Also most of them still have the united midfielder who can not be mentioned.

2 have Terry. 3 have said midfielder. I noticed a couple have Bony. He started last season slowly too so may come good.

Advertisement