Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 3 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

If United don't perk up, I'll be very tempted to pull the trigger on the wildcard. They look incapable of defending. They look worse right now than under Moyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Think I'm going to bank my transfer this week and probably bring in Dier and Naismith afterwards, they both have a tough week coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭G1032

Caulker is going to have to go tonight. I'll probably bring I a Southampton defender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Think I'm gonna have to get rid of De Gea. Such a promising fixture list but those in front of him are excrutiatingly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Think I'm gonna have to get rid of De Gea. Such a promising fixture list but those in front of him are excrutiatingly bad.

I would nearly say is Rooney worth having, I said it yesterday that I didn't think united had clicked yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,380 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Why Jelavic? Just wondering
    BEcause he scored today. That's how this forum works
    Thinking Sterling in for Sanchez or am I jumping the gun?
    You're jumping the gun if ya do it before Sterling plays tomorrow anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

Either De Gea or Rooney are out the door anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

frimpong wrote: »
    Either De Gea or Rooney are out the door anyway.

De Gea first. The defence is brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Not quite sure what to do for GW 3. Bojan needs to go but no one fills me with hope. Naismith is the only cheap striker looking lively but he plays Chelsea next week. Sunderland *should* put a couple past QPR but both Fletcher and Wickham looked a bit rubbish.

Tempted to ship Pieters out for Rose and play 4-4-2 instead of three up front with the aim of turning my team into 3-5-2 soon after.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Thinking of bringing in Coleman, have the funds to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

G1032 wrote: »
    Caulker is going to have to go tonight. I'll probably bring I a Southampton defender.

id keep him one more GW, home against sunderland next.

For me its time to bring in sergio , had this planned from the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Costa, Aanholt, ward prowse in. Luis Nasri Bojan out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

Terry -> Bertrand
    Bojan -> Naismith

Hopefully this will eventually fund an upgrade up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Terry -> Bertrand
    Bojan -> Naismith

Hopefully this will eventually fund an upgrade up front.

Id stay with some sort of chelsea cover at the back the way they play. I know JT might not score as much as chelsea's two full backs but he's pretty much a cert to start, either azpillcueta or ivanovic will be dropped in the coming weeks for luis regardless of how well they play imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

Id stay with some sort of chelsea cover at the back the way they play. I know JT might not score as much as chelsea's two full backs but he's pretty much a cert to start, either azpillcueta or ivanovic will be dropped in the coming weeks for luis regardless of how well they play imo.

I'll get a Chelsea defender in again but they have City, Arsenal and Everton away in their next five so I don't think there's too much value defensively over the next few GW but one of the back four will be back eventually.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm not really sure what to do with the transfer. I have a few players I wouldn't mind getting out but now mightn't be the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭G1032

id keep him one more GW, home against sunderland next.

For me its time to bring in sergio , had this planned from the beginning.

He's going down in place either tonight or tomorrow night and I don't think prepared to take that 0.1m hit. QPR look terrible too. It was a mistake putting him in my team in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Think I'm going to do Begovic to Krul. Stoke have City away next and Newcastle have Palace at home and nice fixtures until Spurs away in GW9. Caulker and Fletcher also on the chopping block.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Cue Mata to score 12 points

On 10 as we speak...this is why its best not to knee jerk!

Nothing really stands out for me, might bank the transfer, or see what the injury update is for giroud/Schürrle later in the week.

As others said united's defence is very shaky but jones has potential to get BPS, also burley and QPR have scored 1 goal between them so far so should get at least 1 clean sheet there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

2 Fts.
    I have already changed Bojan to Naismith.
    Have Brady in Midfield that I need to get rid of, I have 2.9m in the bank so can afford up to 7.8m. I am thinking of taking a punt on Siem de Jong at Newcastle. They have Palace next week and a few easy fixtures after. He had a serious scoring record at Ajax and came on for the first time this weekend.

Thoughts?

menoscemo wrote: »
    2 Fts.
    I have already changed Bojan to Naismith.
    Have Brady in Midfield that I need to get rid of, I have 2.9m in the bank so can afford up to 7.8m. I am thinking of taking a punt on Siem de Jong at Newcastle. They have Palace next week and a few easy fixtures after. He had a serious scoring record at Ajax and came on for the first time this weekend.

Thoughts?

Newcastle haven't score this season yet.
    Is he a guaranteed starter already, if not best to wait till he scores. a few of the spurs lads would be better choice imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Why is everyone is such a hurry for Naismith? Sure he's £5.1m but they're up against the best defence in the league next week! The Liverpool and United in GW6 and 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

roryc wrote: »
    Why is everyone is such a hurry for Naismith? Sure he's £5.1m but they're up against the best defence in the league next week! The Liverpool and United in GW6 and 7.

West Brom and Palace inbetween

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Newcastle haven't score this season yet.
    Is he a guaranteed starter already, if not best to wait till he scores. a few of the spurs lads would be better choice imo.

I think He'll start. He was their big signing this summer. Injured for the first game and came off the bench yesterday.
    Yeah I hear you on spurs, would love to add Eriksen or Lamela but fall short on funds, Can only afford Chadli but don't fancy that. Other Mids are Mata, Silva, Ramsey and Siggy btw.
    I could also buy a Bargain mid (e.g. JWP) and Bank the cash. Decisions, decisions...

Looks like he'll do well this year and his Price is going up!! Also who is better value for that kind of price?
    He'll be bench fodder for me when up against top sides though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Although I wouldn't be getting on the Naismith train, neither Liverpool nor Man U are what you would call 'defensively sound'.

As a cheap attacker he isn't the worst option.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Begovic for Krul, a waste really but that Stoke team is a mess just now. Pieters is about the best of them.

I was really tempted to WC but being so close to the break I will resist as many injuries etc can occur.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

With barkley missing he is nailed on in the team. Looks sharp and is cleaning up on BPS. Tough fixtures but he is a bargain at 5m.

Frees up cash to bring in some big hitters when they hit the ground running. Can do aguero, RVP or Hazard straight away on a single transfer without ripping up my team. I like having that flexibility

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

The only thing that I want to do is ship out De Gea, keeps losing points!

Advertisement