Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 3 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Thanks Ace2007.
    My strikers are Giroud, Costa & Rooney. (Rooney is killing me!)
    Should I get Ivanovic?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

honeybear wrote: »
    Thanks Ace2007.
    Should I get Ivanovic?

I don't get this? He has 9 points from 2 games, it's not great but only 5 strikers have outscored him so far. And he has good fixtures coming up...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Augero is coming in for next weekend it's just either Rooney or Costa have to make way, either way I've cover in midfield for United and Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I don't get this? He has 9 points from 2 games, it's not great but only 5 strikers have outscored him so far. And he has good fixtures coming up...
    I suppose it's because I'm not a Man Utd fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Probably more the fact he doesn't look like scoring, united haven't clicked at all, for 10.5m I'd expect him to have a few shots on target in a game, how many did he have today? I don't think he had any actually (stand corrected on that).

United do have good fixtures coming up but they are playing sh!t atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

honeybear wrote: »
    Thanks Ace2007.
    Should I get Ivanovic?

Most people have Rooney so probably not killing you as much (but I do get your point).

Ivanovic seems lethal atm and probably the best Chelsea defender for FF, but will he keep his place, I don't know who the chap Luis is going to replace so wouldn't be too quick tiring up 7m in a defender.

Others who understand the bonus system might give their opinions, for example Azpilicueta picked up 2 BPS, but what exactly did he do, had Ivanovic not gotten the assist would he have gotten BPS?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I don't think he got a shot on target. He's out for Aguero in a week or two if it keeps going like this.

I have no idea what to do for next week. Can't see Naismith getting anything against Chelsea and I have no faith in any of the cheap strikers. Which leaves me with either playing four in the back and bringing in Rose for Pieters or *maybe* upgrading my 4.5 mid whose name I can't remember to Larsson purely because Sunderland play QPR and they'll definitely put a few past them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Augero is coming in for next weekend it's just either Rooney or Costa have to make way, either way I've cover in midfield for United and Chelsea.

If Aguero can play 90 mins 2 games in a row i will consider it. Have the funds burning a hole in my pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

I'm losing too much money. Feels bad.

5168ac4c5fe79b9e00c47f3ced34556a.png

975c0dcbc43ae3df16c20b30faf2b5ac.png

I know -12 is a bit mad but Luis, Davies, and Bartley are all dropping tonight. Giroud is too it seems.

I'd be bringing in Dier (Rising), and Azpil (Chelsea cover)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I wouldn't be transferring in a Chelsea defender with Everton and Man City away in their next three. I'll probably hold Cahill but am not confident of cleanies.

• Advertisement

Actually I can do it in a -8. I don't need Cheslea cover next week away to Everton. Won't be an easy CS for them.

741ad1bb5d35554ef7cf6c982ebae214.png

This would tide me over next week until my WC next weekend.

I wouldn't be transferring in a Chelsea defender with Everton and Man City away in their next three. I'll probably hold Cahill but am not confident of cleanies.

I just realised that as well so can get it down in a -8 ^

EDIT: Instead of Hutton, I'll bring in Clichy. Clichy close to a rise and a decent fixture next week.

Must resist urge to wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Danger781 wrote: »
    Actually I can do it in a -8. I don't need Cheslea cover next week away to Everton. Won't be an easy CS for them.

Just use the wildcard now if you're going to take an 8 point hit and use it next weekend anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

So will your wildcard team be based on next weeks top performers?

If I was thinking about an 8 or 12 point hit then I sure wouldn't be thinking about WC'ing the very next week.

12 points sees me drop 350,000 places.... No thanks.

Paully D wrote: »
    Just use the wildcard now if you're going to take an 8 point hit and use it next weekend anyway.

I'm tempted - But I feel like I'd screw myself over for the International break then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Defence cost me big this week, two 1's and a -2. No clean sheets so far in the game either, only score I got was from Debuchys assist. Might wildcard and clean the whole thing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I only have 2 out of 15 players at home in this week

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I just realised that as well so can get it down in a -8 ^

EDIT: Instead of Hutton, I'll bring in Clichy. Clichy close to a rise and a decent fixture next week.

Clichy is a rotation risk with Kolarov

Clichy is a rotation risk with Kolarov

Literally only bringing him in for a price rise as he is almost at ~80% at the moment.

Probably gonna wildcard in the next few minutes :( 4 players dropping in price tonight. Lost too much value already and adding a 8 - 12 point hit on top is just salting my wounds.. :o

• Advertisement

And my wildcard has been played. Gonna be kicking myself for it next weekend, but it's done now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Could use some advice here good people.. After a good opening week I've had a mare this week and fallen down in all my leagues.. Several funny team are starting to fall in price and changes are needed... Don't really want to use the wildcard but won't rule it out.. Thoughts please

Krul Myhill
    Felipe Chambers Lovren Bruce Caulker
    Young Ramsey sterling siggy fab
    Costa Rooney Bojan

Felipe, chambers, Bruce, caulker, young
    Bojan all to be chopped. 2.0 in the bank

Could use some advice here good people.. After a good opening week I've had a mare this week and fallen down in all my leagues.. Several funny team are starting to fall in price and changes are needed... Don't really want to use the wildcard but won't rule it out.. Thoughts please

Krul Myhill
    Felipe Chambers Lovren Bruce Caulker
    Young Ramsey sterling siggy fab
    Costa Rooney Bojan

Felipe, chambers, Bruce, caulker, young
    Bojan all to be chopped. 2.0 in the bank

Luis Filipe -> Azpil is the logical choice here as they're the same price. Otherwise you could fork out for Cahill @ 0.5 more.

No need to jump ship on Chambers just yet I think, unless Mert is due back next week? Otherwise plenty of 4.5 options out there for a direct swap.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Luis Filipe -> Azpil is the logical choice here as they're the same price. Otherwise you could fork out for Cahill @ 0.5 more.

No need to jump ship on Chambers just yet I think, unless Mert is due back next week? Otherwise plenty of 4.5 options out there for a direct swap.

Mert was back this weekend.

Koscielny was benched (and this was bad news for all those who brought him in after GW1).

Not sure what Wenger is planning but there is a chance Chambers will play a bit longer than expected.

wonski wrote: »

Koscielny was benched (and this was bad news for all those who brought him in after GW1).

Not sure what Wenger is planning but there is a chance Chambers will play a bit longer than expected.

Would expect Kos and Mert to start against Leicester. Chambers has done well so far but showed his inexperience in the lead up to the second Everton goal. There may be a chance he could feature in the DM role at some stage though with Arteta being out.

wonski wrote: »

Was he? Didn't see the game (Obviously :pac:) - I just assumed since Chambers played today that Mert still wasn't back :rolleyes:

Was he? Didn't see the game (Obviously :pac:) - I just assumed since Chambers played today that Mert still wasn't back :rolleyes:

Debuchy, Monreal, Chambers and Mert were in. Koscielny benched. Gibbs still injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

And my wildcard has been played. Gonna be kicking myself for it next weekend, but it's done now.

OK. Now, you have the week to make unlimited changes. Not just those four. Take your time and experiment. Improve your team top to bottom.

Would expect Kos and Mert to start against Leicester. Chambers has done well so far but showed his inexperience in the lead up to the second Everton goal. There may be a chance he could feature in the DM role at some stage though with Arteta being out.

They have an important game midweek so there is a rotation risk.

Mert didn't look too mature either in this game. First game of the season so he might need few more minutes to be as solid as last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

So I didnt make a transfer last week, giving me 2 this gameweek. Team below:
    De Gea Murphy

Debuchy Pieters Terry v. Aanholt Caulker

Ramsey Mata Siggy Silva Isgrove

Rooney D. Costa Fletcher

Any advice? Would like to dump Fletcher maybe and Caulker.

Advertisement