Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***The Official CAO Offers Thread*** [R1 points linked in first post]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

no school in twn will let me repeat :( ny1 ave a suggestion
    nearest repeat school is in dublin nearly 100km away :(

Between your town and Dublin there must be other schools you can apply to.

Stop using textspeak it's too hard to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

money would be an issue im unsure if susi grants cover repeats

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭LoveChanel

No I believe susi only covers 3rd level education. There are always other ways into your chosen career.

No they don't. Grants are only available for PLC and third level.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭LoveChanel

Irishlad you could always work and save up and put yourself through a grind school. A friend of mine did that.

• Advertisement

ok that makes sence sure everyone would repeat if they could get a grant haha ill sort sumtin out :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

'Insurance reasons' is a little dodgy as an excuse. If they already take repeats, they take repeats. If they are full, they are full. I've never heard of 'insurance reasons'.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Queeferz

ok that makes sence sure everyone would repeat if they could get a grant haha ill sort sumtin out :P

I know a lot of people who took a train to and from the Institute of Education in Dublin daily from places like Laois, Kilkenny, Kildare, Waterford etc it just depends how organised and dedicated you are, it's not ideal but if you really want to repeat it's doable!

sure have to go on what the schools are sayin if they say insurance reason reason then i cant argue with them

got interview to repeat in dublin will c how that plans out thanks 4 the help everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 27 WildConn

The cao deadline was yesterday for round one offers! I accepted my level 8 but now i want to change to my level 6, is that possible? I have already registered wiith the. Level 8 but really want the level 6

• Advertisement

WildConn wrote: »
    The cao deadline was yesterday for round one offers! I accepted my level 8 but now i want to change to my level 6, is that possible? I have already registered wiith the. Level 8 but really want the level 6

No the deadline has passed. You declined the L6 place. Your only hope is to check on the vacant places list and see if your level 6 course turns up on it

No the deadline has passed. You declined the L6 place. Your only hope is to check on the vacant places list and see if your level 6 course turns up on it

When does the vacant list come out ?if i ring them up could they anything? I really want the level 6 course and would i get it in round twos even though i didnt accept it in round 1

When does the vacant list come out ?if i ring them up could they anything? I really want the level 6 course and would i get it in round twos even though i didnt accept it in round 1

No, you refused it in round 1, you will not be offered it in round 2. The CAO don't make exceptions so it's a waste of time ringing them.

The vacant places list is on the CAO website under the Available Places link. If there's a course on there that you want, apply for it by following the instructions.

No, you refused it in round 1, you will not be offered it in round 2. The CAO don't make exceptions so it's a waste of time ringing them.

The vacant places list is on the CAO website under the Available Places link. If there's a course on there that you want, apply for it by following the instructions.

My level 6 course is not on it, could i be put on it later or ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

My level 6 course is not on it, could i be put on it later or ?
    It's not completely impossible, but it's certainly far from guaranteed. Most courses never go to Vacant Places.

It is probably slightly more likely with a Level 6/7 than with a Level 8, but "slightly more likely" is a long, long, long way from "it definitely will happen"!

It's not completely impossible, but it's certainly far from guaranteed. Most courses never go to Vacant Places.

It is probably slightly more likely with a Level 6/7 than with a Level 8, but "slightly more likely" is a long, long, long way from "it definitely will happen"!

Oh right, thank you. I have also emailed the Admission officer of the college I didn't accept and told them my situation. Do you think I have any chance of being offered the place i refused during round 2 then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

when do vacant place offers came out out of curiosity? :)

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    when do vacant place offers came out out of curiosity? :)

They are already on the cao website under 'available places'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Queeferz wrote: »
    They are already on the cao website under 'available places'

ah ok, thanks! Do you know when the colleges notify you if you've been accepted?

Oh right, thank you. I have also emailed the Admission officer of the college I didn't accept and told them my situation. Do you think I have any chance of being offered the place i refused during round 2 then?

No, you've asked this questions loads of times now and you don't want to accept the answer. You refused the place. You won't be offered it again. Someone else will be offered the place in round 2

• Advertisement

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    ah ok, thanks! Do you know when the colleges notify you if you've been accepted?

It's all on the CAO website under Available Places

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

Just got offered my first choice after accepting my second choice in round 1, they're both in the same college but with different electives. So happy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just accepted BIS in CIT after getting an A2 in the CIT maths exam as an entry requirement!! Finally all finished

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Is there anyway to see the round 2 points for a course now?

Just accepted BIS in CIT after getting an A2 in the CIT maths exam as an entry requirement!! Finally all finished

Well done!

They are probably on the CAO site

They are on the cao website - click on 'points' in the column on the left hand side

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭MacSwifty

if there are no round two points displayed on the CAO site does that imply that there are no second round offers or that the college has not posted them up yet?

MacSwifty wrote: »
    if there are no round two points displayed on the CAO site does that imply that there are no second round offers or that the college has not posted them up yet?

Probably no offers made. It's the CAO that make the offers. All offers are made at the same time

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Ah heyor!!

Good on ya! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Ah heyor!!

Good on ya! :p

Hahah finally all over and done with! Thank you :cool:

Advertisement