Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL first years 2014-2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

Not long out of UL, seems like only yesterday I was in yer shoes. Enjoy it lads, ye lucky feckers, best years of yer lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

CRPJ wrote: »
    Has anyone who's booked accommodation on campus been told which village their going to yet? I've gotten the text and confirmed it and just received a letter in the post today inviting me to an open day but have still no idea if I got my first choice or not. Is this the case for everyone else or did I miss something along the way?

I got offered a place in Kilmurry yesterday, plassey was my first choice so I'm guessing that's full.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CRPJ

I got offered a place in Kilmurry yesterday, plassey was my first choice so I'm guessing that's full.

Did they send you an email or what? I have no word from them and wondering should I contact them... :/

Did they send you an email or what? I have no word from them and wondering should I contact them... :/

Called me, what day did you apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CRPJ

Called me, what day did you apply?

Back in Feb or March

• Advertisement

Back in Feb or March

It wouldn't do any harm to ring and check.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

I would've presumed that the Campus would've contacted you if you don't get your first preference on where to stay on-campus?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Chickentown

marno21 wrote: »
    First year doing Electronic & Computer Engineering (LM118), staying in Kilmurry village :)

Welcome to LM118, I am going into second year of this course, any questions you have feel free to mail me on this.

The course is a lot of hard work over on a continuous basis but well doable if you put in the work.

You can enrol online now!

Anybody know what I should put in for school. Last school I went to was a PLC college and I can't find anything of it on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 niamhmoloney0

Okay so I enrolled and I got an email showing my details and my personal details are all correct but my fees details are all empty is that normal idk???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 elgeraldo

Hey how long of a walk is it from kilmurry to the business building?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

If you mean the Kemmy Business School, it's about 1.2 km from the village hall in Kilmurry Village, so however long it takes you to walk that.

Regarding the susi grant, I added by susi reg number to the personal details, is there anything more I have to add other than that?

Okay so I enrolled and I got an email showing my details and my personal details are all correct but my fees details are all empty is that normal idk???

Yeah, coming up blank for me as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 niamhmoloney0

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Yeah, coming up blank for me as well.

Okay thank god I thought it was just me I was panicking so bad. I'd say it's because susi hasn't gotten back to anyone yet, well they haven't got back to me anyway.

Does anyone know when we have to pay the accommodation fee? I'm guessing it'll be when we check in during Orientation Week?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Migle

CheyK wrote: »
    I am! I thought I was the only one :D

Thats good to hear haha. Are you going to the HEAR orientation thing on the 26th? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Migle

Is there anyone here that hasn't found any accommodation yet or that has spare rooms in their house or something? I'm still looking for accommodation and I need to find people who I can share a house with :(

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭CheyK

Migle wrote: »
    Is there anyone here that hasn't found any accommodation yet or that has spare rooms in their house or something? I'm still looking for accommodation and I need to find people who I can share a house with :(

Brookfield still have rooms available as far as I know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Is the SUSI registration number the one beginning with W?

• Advertisement

Is the SUSI registration number the one beginning with W?

Yeah

I think I've done it correctly :) Got the confirmation email but it said I had to pay 1375 by the 5th of September so I'm not sure what to do. Doesn't the grant pay this?

I think I've done it correctly :) Got the confirmation email but it said I had to pay 1375 by the 5th of September so I'm not sure what to do. Doesn't the grant pay this?

It should do, but afaik nobody has been told if they're going to get it yet.
    Still just says "final assessment" for me anyway.

It should do, but afaik nobody has been told if they're going to get it yet.
    Still just says "final assessment" for me anyway.

Mine says 'Application awaiting assessment' :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

With the grants, you normally just give student admin a notice to say you are waiting for the grant and then the grant pays and you give nothing but then if you don't get the grant, you just pay when you find out. That is how it has always been for me and my friends anyway..I don't know if it changed though!

Aragneer wrote: »
    With the grants, you normally just give student admin a notice to say you are waiting for the grant and then the grant pays and you give nothing but then if you don't get the grant, you just pay when you find out. That is how it has always been for me and my friends anyway..I don't know if it changed though!

Does it matter if you haven't got any notice of confirmation for the grant before orientation?

No it doesn't matter. Usually grant confirmations come well after uni has started. In my first year I didn't get mine till October!

No it doesn't matter. Usually grant confirmations come well after uni has started. In my first year I didn't get mine till October!

Thanks! Do I just tell them at orientation that I'm waiting on grant confirmation?

Usually, what needs paying on orientation? I paid nothing I remember haha

• Advertisement

Usually, what needs paying on orientation? I paid nothing I remember haha

I think we need proof of payment of fees but I thought the grant pays fees :confused: :P

Advertisement